Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best positions for a new player to choose?
Hiya, all -

Which position(s) do you feel are the simplest in terms of:

1. Straightforward order planning - no crazy complex stuffs
2. Ease of diplomacy - Italy in Diplomacy...please let me live...
3. Ability to recover/rebound from mistakes, goofs, and screw-ups
<<< and the bonus round!>>>>>
4. Opportunities for wacky and/or humorous things to happen...or make happen

Cheers!
"Have you ever considered piracy? You'd make a wonderful Dread Pirate Roberts."

Some may disagree, but I would say the dark elves. Their starting region is below average in wealth, goes through winter early, and is more often than not, left alone (game 114 being the apocalyptic exception). They have only a few special abilities and those that you have don't require you to "do" anything. That would be my bet.

Another possibility is the Black Dragon. Usually uncontested in the Southern Sands (possible exception is RA). Diplomatically speaking, if you can arrange an alliance deal with the RA and DE, your pretty safe in your neck of the woods for awhile. Position is decent militarily, politically and in terms of magic potential.

I would agree Black Dragon is a nice choice. Also one of the few kingdoms that can still find someone to fight if you start making NAPs (non aggression packs) with all those around you.

Witch Lord also easy to get those around you to agree not to attack and then you can have fun with the spells of alamaze and some artifact hunting if you do not want to really fight right away.

Ranger you will need to work a deal with the sorcerer but once that is done you will most likely be left alone as people avoid hitting a region that has two players in it. Ranger is a well balanced kingdom that can let you choose what your preference will be in the future. With the Sorcerer as your neibor you also have a good chance of getting a free mentor to help show you the ropes.

I agree that the BL, WI or DA are the best for a new player. In the past I would have also said the EL, but not as things stand now.