Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change is the Unchanging Element
No. But we will add something like Great Bats that will be more like Recruits that fly. Also, later I would like to add bonuses to BL and RD to attacks vs. PC. At some point, as I tell Cipher, I just need to say 2nd Cycle is done, and all else is for 3rd Cycle.

It's just by virtue of playing, and not just being on a mountain somewhere, I see there are still some things that need to be fixed before I can go on to the next thing.

Come play with us for a game, Ry Vor, I think you would have fun.

Big-ass bats sound cool. I'm just glad to see the mega armies approach being diminished.

Now, maybe the magical and political powers will be more respected/utilized/coveted.
eee
Do not want to cut the throat of RD/GI/TR/(BL) but all the same, it can be kind of /yawn.
"Have you ever considered piracy? You'd make a wonderful Dread Pirate Roberts."

Will kingdoms who raise troops via magic, like Skeletons and Monsters need a Marshal/general to recruit also?

No, that is a wizard skill. Those will also likely be increased to 5 brigades for those currently below that like Wights.

What about the DE and SK troops?

I'll preface this comment by saying that I am still new to the game and I'm sure I don't have the comprehension of many of the intricacies more experienced players have (not to mention the creator!).

I think an argument can be made that it is unfair to make changes to games already in progress, not only will it effect strategies that have been put in place but it will also outright eliminate troops if they are over the limit. Having said that I would still be ok with the changes effecting games in progress but I might argue for a bit more time for kingdoms to adjust. Give games that are in progress 3-4 more turns to make adjustments if possible, this seems fair to me. The limits on total 565 brigaes will still be in place so there won't be any real abuse of the 565 order it just keeps kingdoms that were planning on certain options and strategies a chance to not have the rug pulled out from under them. My (novice) $.02

Edited to add that I for one am very appreciative that the game-makers consistently strive to make changes to achieve a fairness in the game and as a response to player feedback. Changes to kingdoms and the game in general keep things fresh for experienced players and have no detrimental effect on new players, so its all good. Not to mention that its all a great Beta test for Cycle 3.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

Can we get an updated rule document out there? I am so confused....
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

(07-31-2014, 03:45 AM)Drogo Wrote: I'll preface this comment by saying that I am still new to the game and I'm sure I don't have the comprehension of many of the intricacies more experienced players have (not to mention the creator!).

I think an argument can be made that it is unfair to make changes to games already in progress, not only will it effect strategies that have been put in place but it will also outright eliminate troops if they are over the limit. Having said that I would still be ok with the changes effecting games in progress but I might argue for a bit more time for kingdoms to adjust. Give games that are in progress 3-4 more turns to make adjustments if possible, this seems fair to me. The limits on total 565 brigaes will still be in place so there won't be any real abuse of the 565 order it just keeps kingdoms that were planning on certain options and strategies a chance to not have the rug pulled out from under them. My (novice) $.02

Edited to add that I for one am very appreciative that the game-makers consistently strive to make changes to achieve a fairness in the game and as a response to player feedback. Changes to kingdoms and the game in general keep things fresh for experienced players and have no detrimental effect on new players, so its all good. Not to mention that its all a great Beta test for Cycle 3.

I would bet if they could do that they would, but I'm guessing it is not technically possible with the current set up.
Podium player returning to the conflict!