Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Spam
Has anybody noticed that spammers are creating tons of pages in the Alamaze Wiki? I don't know enough about this sort of thing to say how to stop it, but obviously there's a way. I think spammers should be castrated along with people who create viruses.

Yeah, I saw it last night.  Unforturnately, someone with good intentions for Alamaze started that and has gone on, and I don't know how to take it down.

(02-26-2015, 01:38 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Yeah, I saw it last night.  Unforturnately, someone with good intentions for Alamaze started that and has gone on, and I don't know how to take it down.

I went ahead and copied and pasted the pages of the Alamaze wiki (not counting the images) to some new page sections on the PBM wiki, and then I deleted the wiki installation of the Alamaze wiki that had become infested with spam postings.

This also eliminated a drain on web hosting resources that had come about with the wiki spam postings, also.

It doesn't seem as if any of the individuals who had previous expressed an interesting in adding to the Alamaze wiki every really committed any time to doing so.

Here's a link to what I salvaged from the Alamaze wiki:

http://playbymail.net/pbmwiki/index.php/Alamaze_Wiki

See if this suits you better, Rick.

Looks great. And since you have to log in to edit, no more spam. 
Did Alamaze have a presence on that wiki before? If not, hopefully this will pull in some more players?
bananas (on the forums)
Arch-Mage of Entropy (in games)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
157 - TR : Chancellor 
161 - AN : Chancellor & Iron Willed