The Legendary Civilization of the Atlanteans
Dawn of the 4th Cycle of Alamaze
The Legendary Civilization of the Atlanteans is a powerful feudal society that had remained hidden beneath the waves for centuries. Once thought to be mere myths, their existence is now known far and wide as they compete with the other kingdoms of Alamaze for power and resources. They emerged from their seclusion with a new goal in mind: conquest.
Their capital city is guarded by powerful defenses, making it nearly impregnable even if discovered. The Atlanteans are masters of naval combat, and their ships are feared throughout the world. They use their knowledge of the sea to their advantage, manipulating the tides and currents to gain an edge in battle. They also possess powerful sea magic, which they use to summon storms and call forth mighty creatures of the deep. Their ability to summon a Kraken is legendary, and they believe that the creature serves as a symbol of their power and a guardian of their kingdom.
Under the leadership of their Imperator, the Atlanteans have set their sights on expanding to the land. They believe that the time has come for their civilization to rise to dominance and spread its influence throughout the world. They are willing to use their formidable power to crush anyone who stands in their way, but where might fails, they can pick up the slack with their skills in diplomacy, or barring that, their deep coffers
From Your HIGH Councilor:While we were mere legends and myths to the people, Alamaze will tremble as they realize Atlanteans are indeed real, and powerful. We will gain dominance perhaps first at sea, and then at land. Our initial strengths are important and defensively we are neigh impregnable, with a hidden capital, likely at sea, while our powerful navy with Mastery at sea will slice apart any foes attempting to discover it. As might our ability to Summon a Kraken when our wizards rise in power. We have a strong noble court from our Feudal society. We can retain powerful companions if desired in our land campaigns. We are a balanced, powerful kingdom, Imperator, to be feared at sea. You might consider diplomatic arrangements to acquire sea ports in the seas we do not possess them.
Specialized Traits For Our Kingdom:
The following traits provide special and unique bonuses for our kingdom. These effects are inherent and do not require specific action to enable unless otherwise specified in the section below.
- Charisma: +1 influence. A bid for an open High Council chair is elevated by 10,000 gold without paying the cost (so a bid of 30,000 actually counts as 40,000).
- Feudal: The kingdom has a more developed societal and noble system that provides it with additional members of its noble court and additional influence. The kingdom begins with an additional Baron and Ambassador at the capital, and +1 Influence.
- Foreknowledge: Kingdom has the short name of one or more artifacts on setup. Varies by kingdom as to number and which specific artifacts.
- Forethought: Increases +2 standing orders allowed at onset, +1 per region controlled over standard. +3 (instead of +2) orders allowed over influence.
- Healing: Gains the ability to reduce attrition to kingdom brigades (not entire group). Use Regenerate order #236 with group ID in Column A to heal up to 5% attrition to kingdom brigades. May only issue this regenerate order once per turn per group. An automatic Heal is performed at the end of the turn to all groups that reduces up to 3% attrition to kingdom brigades (no need to issue an order). Leaders and wizards that were killed in battle receive a special saving throw which gives a 33% chance of surviving their wounds instead of being killed.
- Industrious: +10% food and gold production of all controlled popcenters. Increasing food/gold production or defenses at a popcenter costs 1,000 less gold per issuance (does not apply towards Dwarven special ability of improving defenses).
- Oratory: +15% to Maintain Status Quo (#310) and Usurp Control (#330). +1 to starting influence.
- Rich: Increases starting treasury by 30,000 gold, and increases starting capital gold production by 4,000.
- Seafaring: +3 to starting naval quality, -2,000 gold to fleet construction cost. Interdict at 80%, own patrol-sized groups interdicted only 50% of normal (so if normally a patrol-sized group is interdicted 30% of the time, Seafaring nations would have theirs interdicted 15% of the time). Sea Patrol Interdiction is the entire sea as in 2nd Cycle (the specified sea areas when filling out a sea patrol action on the order entry website will be ignored when the turn is run). They begin with an additional fleet in each sea where they have a fleet.
- Secretive: The kingdom begins with a hidden capital and an additional level 4 agent. On turn 0, the capital will be given a Glyph of Concealment. This magical effect is permanent and is not transferrable to another popcenter by any means (even if relocating the capital, the glyph stays at the former capital). Hidden popcenters will not be discovered when a group travels over them nor will they be revealed by a High Priestess divination. A hidden popcenter may only be discovered if a group ends movement upon it (not searching for popcenters) or by a level 4+ agent performing a single recon (#970) but not trail group (#691/971) or search for popcenters (#976).
Special Rules For The Legendary Civilization of the Atlanteans Kingdom:
- Terrain Adeptness: Mastery at Sea
- Magical Prowess: Standard (Tier 4 of 7)
- Spells available earlier than prowess base: Flash Flood, Storm At Sea, Summon Kraken
- Begins with an additional General.
- Atlantean capitals start with a minor boost to their defense, census, food, and gold than normal.
Your first group begins as your most powerful and important group. In addition, should you earn your Early Strategic Objective or qualify for an Appeal to the Gods (Epic Game only) there are possible awards that only go into your first group (see General Rules).
Early Strategic Objectives:
Enter your selections for the Early Strategic Objectives with your orders on turns 1 through 3. Use Order #991 and reference the instructions in the Official Rulebook. If you do not select any objectives, your kingdom will receive the default objectives listed below:
|Control a region||worth 2 points|
|Have 3+ Dukes (not Demon Princes/Consuls/King/Queen/Regent)||worth 1 point|
We are pursuing a MINOR ESO!
On turns 10 through 15, if our kingdom has achieved the above requirements to total 3 achievement points, we may claim awards worth 3 points!
This campaign has NORMAL victory conditions.
Therefore a kingdom may win via Rex (control 5+ regions) or by Lion’s Share (most status points at end of the game).
Skeletons In The Closet:
The following skeletons, if revealed, will have detrimental impact on your influence and on regional reaction in some regions.
|MAJOR||3345||The King Is Psychitsophrenic.|
|MINOR||6793||The Queen Is Psychopathic.|
|MINOR||3713||The King Was Illegitimate And So He Is Not The True King.|
Proficiency: Standard (Tier 4 of 7)
Maximum assured Power level attainable: 6
(Spellcasters may attempt to research beyond the assured level, but may fail about 50% of the time, and the gold cost is still consumed)
Gold cost per research level: 11,000
(Plateau levels have additional cost. At 3rd level, +10,000 gold. At 5th level, +30,000 gold. At 7th level, +60,000 gold. For example, to increase a pwr-2 wizard to pwr-3, the cost is the gold-cost-per-research-level x level + plateau cost, or 40,000 gold. To reach 5th level, the cost is 85,000 gold. To reach 7th level, the cost is 137,000 gold.)
Level 0: Rite Of The Magi, Self Invisible, Wizard Assist Encounter
Level 1: Create Food, Light Of The Evening Star, Magic Research, Protect Heroes and Wizards, Raven Familiar, Stun Leader
Level 2: Bridge Of Mist, Create Gold, Diplomacy, Dire Wolf Familiar, Eagle Familiar, Fear, Heal, Light Of The Evening Star (Intrinsic), Lightning Attack, Reveal King’s Influence, Shield, Speed, Valor, Ward
Level 3: Bridge Of Mist (Intrinsic), Dispel Dome of Invulnerability, Dispel Magic, Fertile Fields, Firestrike, Guarded Attack, Hidden Ore, Kill Leader/Wizard, Lesser Masking, Presence (Intrinsic), Ship of Mist, Sleep, Strengthen Walls, Teleport Self, Wind Storm
Level 4: Chaos, Conceal Emissary, Dire Wolf Familiar (Intrinsic), Dispel Storm at Sea, Flash Flood, Greater Masking, Instant Self Teleport, Instant Summon Phantasmal Forces, Invisible Patrol, Mirror Image, Raise Population Center Census, Teleport Patrol, Wall of Flame.
Level 5: Command Tornado, Create Magical Item, Destroy Undead, Dispel Regional Effect, Invisible Brigade, Protection from Regional Effect, Storm at Sea, Teleport Brigade, True Seeing, Ward Population Center
Level 6: Blinding Light (Regional Effect), Earthquake, Invisible Division, Project Image Of Group, Revelation, Summon Minotaurs, Summon Rock Golems, Teleport Division, Unveil Group Locations, Unveil Population Centers
Level 7: Bounty (Regional Effect), Charm Region, Conjure Prestige, Conjure Scandal, Dome of Invulnerability, Enhance King’s Aura, Ice Torrent, Infuriate Populace, Invisible Army, Meteor Strike, Raise Regional Census (Regional Effect), Teleport Army, True Seeing (Intrinsic)
Level 8: Augment Title, Chain Lightning, Summon Death, Teleport Army Group
Level 9: Crack The Sky, Prismatic Rays, Simulacrum
The Realm of the Amazon Matriarchy Military Dossier
Kingdom Brigade Description:
Exclusively female warriors, primarily light cavalry, carrying bow and spear, accompanied by fleet footed light infantry. Well trained and extremely adept in the plains. Exceptionally deadly in the plains.
Kingdom Brigade Ratings:
|LR Missile||SR Missile||Charge||1st Melee||2nd Melee||Combined||Storm (PC)||Defense|
|Very Good||Above Average||Average||Above Average||Above Average||Above Average||Average||Above Average|
Recruit Troops (Order #560), Recruit Companions (Order #565), or magically summoned brigades fight at their respective values for all kingdoms. They move according to the kingdom’s movement table. They consume food and gold at their respective rates. Groups at sea fight according to the fleet quantity and quality in the given sea.
Special Note: Flyers may be available for your kingdom through the Recruit Companions (Order #565) or as a Wizard Summoning Spell. All flying groups, either as natural flyers like Dragons or groups enhanced with special brigades/artifacts that bestow flying capabilities, are considered flying at all times. When specifying the group’s movement, all terrain costs are calculated as normally in your movement order (including when flying over water areas). However, flying groups whether they are all-natural flyers (e.g., all brigades of Griffons) or non-natural flyers (ground-based troops that gain flying by acquiring an artifact or by recruiting Giant Eagles) are checked throughout the turn if their situation changes. Flying status may be lost if the group no longer meets certain criteria such as losing division-sized status required by certain artifacts due to transferring troops between groups, combining groups together, or gaining additional troops through battle as what may occur with special troops like Zombies that eat the dead and grow in number. Or Lycanthrope that spreads among the injured on the battlefield and the group acquires new Lycan brigades. Another possibility to consider is if the group will receive any troop reinforcements, which occurs at certain intervals throughout the game. So, even though a ground-based, non-natural flying group may start the turn as a flyer, its status may change throughout the course of the game. A flying group that flys over or lands upon a water area may be issued any movement order (e.g., 720 and not required a sea movement order like 710).
Natural flyers are: Black/Red Dragons, Great Bats, Phoenixes, Specters, and Wyverns, as well as the new troop types of Air Elementals, Beholders, Chimeras, Cockatrices, Fairy Folk, Gargoyles, Giant Eagles, Griffons, Manticores, Mephits, Pixies, Rocs, and Sprites. Giant Eagles and Rocs are the only natural flyers capable of bestowing flight to ground-based troops. Artifacts that are capable of bestowing flight to others are: Great Red Bats of the Lost Caves, Green Dragon Mates, and the Last Herd of Winged Stallions. If a group consists of only natural-flyers or ground-based troops that become capable of flying, the following flight bonuses apply: +20% attack bonus vs pop centers, immune to Earthquake, Flash Flood, and Wall of Flame spells, patrol-sized groups have 32 (rather than 20) movement points (only for patrols of the Black Dragon, Red Dragon, and Fairy Folk kingdoms), may fly over water without a naval fleet being involved (may finish movement upon a water area), automatically performs a reconnaissance of the group’s location as a level 1 agent, and the flying group may not be flanked in battle (a special attack maneuver that certain kingdoms may perform).
Kingdom and Recruitable Troop Types (Food/Gold Amount Is Cost To Recruit):
|Type||ID||Food||Gold||Max Per Group||Notes|
|Atlanteans||AT||N/A||N/A||Unlimited||Kingdom brigade, not recruitable but receive as reinforcements|
|Mythians||MY||6,000||8,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), or The Untamed Lands (12) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Northmen||NM||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), The Diamond Coast (3), Triumvia (5), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Nyvarians||NY||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Diamond Coast (3), Nyvaria (7), Pellinor (9), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13)|
|Paladins||PA||8,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Darkover (2), Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Nyvaria (7), or Pellinor (9) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade [Only permitted for non-evil kingdoms]|
|Stormgate Guard||ST||10,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Stormgate (13) and requires General|
|Vikings||VI||6,000||9,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), or The Diamond Coast (3) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Westmen||WE||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Zamorans||ZA||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Sword Coast (8), Pellinor (9), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Centaurs||CE||4,000||8,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Forest terrain and requires General and 3 brigades|
|Hill Giants||HI||10,000||12,000||3||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain and requires Marshal and 1 Elite brigade|
|Rohirrim||RO||4,000||8,000||5||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains terrain and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
|Minotaurs||MI||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Mountains terrain|
|Phantasmal Force||PM||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in any terrain|
|Rock Golems||RG||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
Resource Consumption per Brigade (Each Turn):
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
Reinforcement Schedule (Receive As Kingdom Brigades):
Terrain Combat Adjustment:
|Terrain Type||Movement Point Cost||Movement (Ice Age)||Atlanteans||Trait|
|Sea||3.5||4.38||+20%||Mastery plus Greater Masking|
Your intercept radius is 4 areas (for Order #732).