The Realm of the Amazon Matriarchy
Dawn of the 4th Cycle of Alamaze
The Realm of the Amazon Matriarchy stands as a testament to the strength and resilience of its warrior women. Centuries ago, they forged their kingdom by overthrowing the Westmen Dynasty, and in doing so established a society that blends ancient traditions with modern advances. Ancient traditions, such as hunting from horseback, have been preserved, showcasing their connection to the land and their prowess as skilled riders. In addition to these traditions, a modernized political system ensures effective governance and decision-making. The Amazon Matriarchy also places great importance on their pantheon of gods, and their belief in divine guidance permeates every aspect of their lives. Ceremonies and rituals dedicated to their gods are central to their society, reinforcing their spiritual bond and fostering unity among their people.
The centerpiece of their strength lies in their all-women army, who are renowned as fierce warriors. They are masters of flanking tactics, utilizing speed, agility, and their deep knowledge of the land to outmaneuver their adversaries. These fearless warriors strike with precision and discipline, embodying the indomitable spirit of the Matriarchy. Their leader, both in matters military and spiritual, is the Holy Mother, a revered woman who embodies wisdom, strength, and compassion. The Holy Mother guides the realm with a steady hand, ensuring the preservation of their ancient traditions and the prosperity of their people
From Your Chief Counselor:
Specialized Traits For Our Kingdom:
The following traits provide special and unique bonuses for our kingdom. These effects are inherent and do not require specific action to enable unless otherwise specified in the section below.
|Cultural||Foreknowledge (Bow Of Heracles)|
|Cultural||Foreknowledge (Last Herd Of Winged Stallions)|
- Adventurers: +10 points to group strength in Unusual Sighting encounters. Automatic entry to encounters that require a wizard to cast Light Of The Evening Star or Bridge Of Mist for access. +10 points to leadership promotion and -10% to leader and wizard death in unusual encounters. +10 points to agent rescue and emissary escape attempts. Warriors, the soldier portion of a party’s strength rating, are worth +5 in Unusual Encounters.
- Archers: Kingdoms with the Archers trait get 50% of missile value at long range in the forest (normally 0%) and 100% at short range missile (normally 50%) in the forest. They get 50% long range missile fire in the mountains (normally 25%), also 75% in short range missile fire (normally 50%). They provide excellent rear-guard action, so their kingdom suffers only 50% of normal casualties in retreat (cumulative with other traits).
- Devout: If the kingdom does not have a High Priestess, successfully undertaking the Test for the Gift and so unveiling a new HP does not cost Influence. High Priestess only gets Exhausted 25% of time (normally 50%). Declared enemies get -3 morale in controlled regions if they are Suspicious or -5 morale if Hostile per turn the group is in the region. Cost of Attract Maiden and Test for the Gift is 50% of normal and no influence cost if the kingdom has no High Priestess or Noble Maiden at the time those orders are given. Success in the Test for the Gift is +15 points. High Priestess gain the Summon Lesser Angel ability (order #775) and the Avenging Angel battle effect (order #86). Devout kingdoms have -2 to maximum trainable agent level and +1,000 to magic research cost (penalties). Devout fanatics may train (order #500) two levels higher than a normal agent (this also increases the max level they may achieve which is 3 levels higher than their traninable limit). Devout kingdoms have only one major and one minor skeletons in the closet.
- Foreknowledge: Kingdom has the short name of one or more artifacts on setup. Varies by kingdom as to number and which specific artifacts.
- Healing: Gains the ability to reduce attrition to kingdom brigades (not entire group). Use Regenerate order #236 with group ID in Column A to heal up to 5% attrition to kingdom brigades. May only issue this regenerate order once per turn per group. An automatic Heal is performed at the end of the turn to all groups that reduces up to 3% attrition to kingdom brigades (no need to issue an order). Leaders and wizards that were killed in battle receive a special saving throw which gives a 33% chance of surviving their wounds instead of being killed.
- Military Tradition: Adds a Marshal to the 1st group and a General to the 2nd group, leaders promote at +10 points, new leaders emerge at +10 points, and have 10 points better survivability in combat. Brigades advance in training level at 10 points greater than normal. Warriors, the soldier portion of a party’s strength rating, are worth +3 in Unusual Encounters.
- Riders: Patrols get 32 movement points. Cavalry values for these kingdoms are higher. +1 to emissary and agent ranges. Groups with brigades get +2 movement points, so 22 for normal movement and 27 for forced march. Intercept range is +1 (max 5 intercept range). Riders have access to the Flank tactic, but kingdoms with the Riders trait cannot be flanked in battle.
- Secretive: The kingdom begins with a hidden capital and an additional level 4 agent. On turn 0, the capital will be given a Glyph of Concealment. This magical effect is permanent and is not transferrable to another popcenter by any means (even if relocating the capital, the glyph stays at the former capital). Hidden popcenters will not be discovered when a group travels over them nor will they be revealed by a High Priestess divination. A hidden popcenter may only be discovered if a group ends movement upon it (not searching for popcenters) or by a level 4+ agent performing a single recon (#970) but not trail group (#691/971) or search for popcenters (#976).
- Trackers: Provides an intrinsic (no order required) level 4 agent recon of each active group area. Detects groups in ambush but not invisible groups. Can locate hidden sites if ending movement on them.
Special Rules For The Realm of the Amazon Matriarchy Kingdom:
- Terrain Adeptness: Mastery in the Plains
- Magical Prowess: Standard (Tier 4 of 7)
- Spells available earlier than prowess base: Eagle Familiar, Dispel Dome of Invulnerability, Dire Wolf Familiar, Healing
- Summer Attack. Group vs. group attack ability. Group must attack (not defend). May only be done in regions affected by the season, so during the Summer season, only permitted in regions 4 and 8-13 (except during an Ice Age where no region experiences summer). Happens automatically if kingdom, region, and season qualifies (no special order needed). Attacking with this innate ability automatically grants +20% to both attack and defense values and causes Fear (-10% morale for battle) to enemy if our kingdom attacks at a TAC 2+. Can stack with Flanking or Night Attack.
- Flanking Tactic (use TAC 4). Group vs. group attack that requires the Riders Trait, a Marshal or better in the group (not stunned), and can only be done in Plains or Desert terrain. Cannot be used against a group with flying or a kingdom with the Riders Trait (reverts to Standard Battle Plan). Cannot be used against an enemy group with a Warlord who is healthy (not stunned). Charge phase combat value for the flanking force is at 175%. Enemy losses in retreat is x3. Changes enemy’s Organized Withdrawal to Stand And Defend. Own group retreat as Standard Battle Plan. If Flanking group retreats, its own losses in retreat are 2x.
- Special Order: Equip Advanced Item (Matriarchal Spears) (Order #607, 500 mithril), matriarchal spears are an advanced weapon group attachment similar to forged improved weapons and cannot be traded. The spears provide an extra 20% leader/wizard death effect during group combat. Equip spears to group at kingdom-owned pc with forge. Group must have one or more brigades in group. Group must already be equipped with improved weapons or mithril weapons from forge (Order #605). Only able to equip improved weapons, mithril weapons, or advanced weapons to a group once on the same turn.
- Starts with a free Temple at their capital. This building will remain at this location throughout the entire game (even if the capital is later relocated).
- All popcenters in the Plains under Amazon control receive +20% food production.
Your first group begins as your most powerful and important group. In addition, should you earn your Early Strategic Objective or qualify for an Appeal to the Gods (Epic Game only) there are possible awards that only go into your first group (see General Rules).
Early Strategic Objectives:
Enter your selections for the Early Strategic Objectives with your orders on turns 1 through 3. Use Order #991 and reference the instructions in the Official Rulebook. If you do not select any objectives, your kingdom will receive the default objectives listed below:
|Control a region||worth 2 points|
|Have 3+ Dukes (not Demon Princes/Consuls/King/Queen/Regent)||worth 1 point|
We are pursuing a MINOR ESO!
On turns 10 through 15, if our kingdom has achieved the above requirements to total 3 achievement points, we may claim awards worth 3 points!
This campaign has NORMAL victory conditions.
Therefore a kingdom may win via Rex (control 5+ regions) or by Lion’s Share (most status points at end of the game).
Skeletons In The Closet:
The following skeletons, if revealed, will have detrimental impact on your influence and on regional reaction in some regions.
|MAJOR||8479||The Heir Apparent Is Illegitimate.|
|MINOR||2843||The King Is A Werewolf.|
Proficiency: Standard (Tier 4 of 7)
Maximum assured Power level attainable: 6
(Spellcasters may attempt to research beyond the assured level, but may fail about 50% of the time, and the gold cost is still consumed)
Gold cost per research level: 11,000
(Plateau levels have additional cost. At 3rd level, +10,000 gold. At 5th level, +30,000 gold. At 7th level, +60,000 gold. For example, to increase a pwr-2 wizard to pwr-3, the cost is the gold-cost-per-research-level x level + plateau cost, or 43,000 gold. To reach 5th level, the cost is 85,000 gold. To reach 7th level, the cost is 137,000 gold.)
Level 0: Rite Of The Magi, Self Invisible, Wizard Assist Encounter
Level 1: Create Food, Light Of The Evening Star, Magic Research, Protect Heroes and Wizards, Raven Familiar, Stun Leader
Level 2: Bridge Of Mist, Create Gold, Diplomacy, Dire Wolf Familiar, Eagle Familiar, Fear, Heal, Light Of The Evening Star (Intrinsic), Lightning Attack, Reveal King’s Influence, Shield, Speed, Valor, Ward
Level 3: Bridge Of Mist (Intrinsic), Dispel Dome of Invulnerability, Dispel Magic, Fertile Fields, Firestrike, Guarded Attack, Hidden Ore, Kill Leader/Wizard, Lesser Masking, Presence (Intrinsic), Ship of Mist, Sleep, Strengthen Walls, Teleport Self, Wind Storm
Level 4: Chaos, Conceal Emissary, Dire Wolf Familiar (Intrinsic), Dispel Storm at Sea, Flash Flood, Greater Masking, Instant Self Teleport, Instant Summon Phantasmal Forces, Invisible Patrol, Mirror Image, Raise Population Center Census, Teleport Patrol, Wall of Flame, Ward Population Center
Level 5: Command Tornado, Create Magical Item, Destroy Undead, Dispel Regional Effect, Invisible Brigade, Protection from Regional Effect, Storm at Sea, Teleport Brigade, True Seeing
Level 6: Blinding Light (Regional Effect), Earthquake, Invisible Division, Project Image Of Group, Revelation, Summon Minotaurs, Summon Rock Golems, Teleport Division, Unveil Group Locations, Unveil Population Centers
Level 7: Bounty (Regional Effect), Charm Region, Conjure Prestige, Conjure Scandal, Dome of Invulnerability, Enhance King’s Aura, Ice Torrent, Infuriate Populace, Invisible Army, Meteor Strike, Raise Regional Census (Regional Effect), Teleport Army, True Seeing (Intrinsic)
Level 8: Augment Title, Chain Lightning, Summon Death, Teleport Army Group
Level 9: Crack The Sky, Prismatic Rays, Simulacrum
The Realm of the Amazon Matriarchy Military Dossier
Kingdom Brigade Description:
Exclusively female warriors, primarily light cavalry, carrying bow and spear, accompanied by fleet footed light infantry. Well trained and extremely adept in the plains. Exceptionally deadly in the plains.
Kingdom Brigade Ratings:
|LR Missile||SR Missile||Charge||1st Melee||2nd Melee||Combined||Storm (PC)||Defense|
|Good||Good||Very Good||Above Average||Above Average||Above Average||Above Average||Average|
Recruit Troops (Order #560), Recruit Companions (Order #565), or magically summoned brigades fight at their respective values for all kingdoms. They move according to the kingdom’s movement table. They consume food and gold at their respective rates. Groups at sea fight according to the fleet quantity and quality in the given sea.
Special Note: Flyers may be available for your kingdom through the Recruit Companions (Order #565) or as a Wizard Summoning Spell. All flying groups, either as natural flyers like Dragons or groups enhanced with special brigades/artifacts that bestow flying capabilities, are considered flying at all times. When specifying the group’s movement, all terrain costs are calculated as normally in your movement order (including when flying over water areas). However, flying groups whether they are all-natural flyers (e.g., all brigades of Griffons) or non-natural flyers (ground-based troops that gain flying by acquiring an artifact or by recruiting Giant Eagles) are checked throughout the turn if their situation changes. Flying status may be lost if the group no longer meets certain criteria such as losing division-sized status required by certain artifacts due to transferring troops between groups, combining groups together, or gaining additional troops through battle as what may occur with special troops like Zombies that eat the dead and grow in number. Or Lycanthrope that spreads among the injured on the battlefield and the group acquires new Lycan brigades. Another possibility to consider is if the group will receive any troop reinforcements, which occurs at certain intervals throughout the game. So, even though a ground-based, non-natural flying group may start the turn as a flyer, its status may change throughout the course of the game. A flying group that flys over or lands upon a water area may be issued any movement order (e.g., 720 and not required a sea movement order like 710).
Natural flyers are: Black/Red Dragons, Great Bats, Phoenixes, Specters, and Wyverns, as well as the new troop types of Air Elementals, Beholders, Chimeras, Cockatrices, Fairy Folk, Gargoyles, Giant Eagles, Griffons, Manticores, Mephits, Pixies, Rocs, and Sprites. Giant Eagles and Rocs are the only natural flyers capable of bestowing flight to ground-based troops. Artifacts that are capable of bestowing flight to others are: Great Red Bats of the Lost Caves, Green Dragon Mates, and the Last Herd of Winged Stallions. If a group consists of only natural-flyers or ground-based troops that become capable of flying, the following flight bonuses apply: +20% attack bonus vs pop centers, immune to Earthquake, Flash Flood, and Wall of Flame spells, patrol-sized groups have 32 (rather than 20) movement points (only for patrols of the Black Dragon, Red Dragon, and Fairy Folk kingdoms), may fly over water without a naval fleet being involved (may finish movement upon a water area), automatically performs a reconnaissance of the group’s location as a level 1 agent, and the flying group may not be flanked in battle (a special attack maneuver that certain kingdoms may perform).
Kingdom and Recruitable Troop Types (Food/Gold Amount Is Cost To Recruit):
|Type||ID||Food||Gold||Max Per Group||Notes|
|Amazons||AM||N/A||N/A||Unlimited||Kingdom brigade, not recruitable but receive as reinforcements|
|Mythians||MY||6,000||8,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), or The Untamed Lands (12) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Northmen||NM||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), The Diamond Coast (3), Triumvia (5), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Nyvarians||NY||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Diamond Coast (3), Nyvaria (7), Pellinor (9), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13)|
|Paladins||PA||8,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Darkover (2), Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Nyvaria (7), or Pellinor (9) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade [Only permitted for non-evil kingdoms]|
|Stormgate Guard||ST||10,000||10,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Stormgate (13) and requires General|
|Vikings||VI||6,000||9,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Crown Islands (1), Darkover (2), or The Diamond Coast (3) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Westmen||WE||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Zanthia (6), The Sword Coast (8), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Zamorans||ZA||4,000||6,000||Unlimited||Recruit at pop center within The Sword Coast (8), Pellinor (9), Zamora (10), Mythgar (11), The Untamed Lands (12), or Stormgate (13) and requires Captain|
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Apes||AP||4,000||4,000||10||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Forest terrain and requires Captain and 3 brigades|
|Hill Giants||HI||10,000||12,000||3||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain and requires Marshal and 1 Elite brigade|
|Mammoths||MA||10,000||12,000||3||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains terrain and requires Marshal and 1 Elite brigade|
|Wildlings||WL||4,000||6,000||10||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains terrain and requires Captain and 3 brigades|
|Zealots||ZE||3,000||3,000||10||Recruit in wild (no pop center) in Plains, Forest, Mountains, Desert terrain and requires Captain and 1 Veteran brigade|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
|Minotaurs||MI||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Forest, Mountains terrain|
|Phantasmal Force||PM||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in any terrain|
|Rock Golems||RG||N/A||N/A||5||Summon in wild (no pop center) in Mountains terrain|
Resource Consumption per Brigade (Each Turn):
|Companions (Order #565):|
|Summoned (By Spell):|
Reinforcement Schedule (Receive As Kingdom Brigades):
Terrain Combat Adjustment:
|Terrain Type||Movement Point Cost||Movement (Ice Age)||Amazons||Trait|
|Plains||3.5||4.38||+20%||Mastery plus Greater Masking|
Your intercept radius is 4 areas (for Order #732).