Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Anon game
Since we do not have a current game filling up, I would like to start one.

An Anonymous game, steel, all 15 kingdoms, Exploration. the New ESO's

I would like to make this game as close to "the old" way as possible.

Communication only through the in game messages at the bottom of the input sheet. No sharing email, no sharing identity no sharing phone numbers.

I would like to set it up where you submit three kingdoms you do not want to play, and have the positions picked by support.

I would rather no one post in this thread if interested, but send your 3 most "i don't want to play these" choices to support, as long as support is on board.

Wait and see if Ry Vor is interested in starting this game before you send in anything please.
Podium player returning to the conflict!

I think I promised last time we started a queue that the next one would be a Steel Anonymous. We will have the new ESO and SVC for this one, as well as the other setup changes that we have discussed. (All those may or may not be ready for the game currently filled but not created as well, we will see).

Please label your email to signup@alamaze.co requesting your three "Not those!" kingdoms as "Not Those Steel Anonymous". I will update here periodically to indicate how many signups we have.

If someone wants to start a Primeval, feel free to start a thread for that. I would be open to having different kingdoms involved for the 5 positions but it has to make sense geographically.

I was personally hoping for another 'team' game (Circle of Magic i think its called). I didn't have a slot open when the last one filled. I like the idea of being able to have some coordination between kingdoms without the daunting task of having 12 or 15 players with whom I can/should correspond.

Sign me up for that Smile
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(07-07-2014, 05:55 PM)Drogo Wrote: I was personally hoping for another 'team' game (Circle of Magic i think its called). I didn't have a slot open when the last one filled. I like the idea of being able to have some coordination between kingdoms without the daunting task of having 12 or 15 players with whom I can/should correspond.

Sign me up for that Smile

I am interested in Anonymous Steel, but only if truly anonymous. I am not interested in utilizing the in-game communication function. That just means I have to send 14 messages in-game every turn instead of 14 e-mails every turn.

I am okay with either 12 or 15 players. I prefer that we send our first three kingdom choices, rather than three positions we do not want to play.

I recognize that my preferences are not what has been suggested here. But if this sign-up bogs down because players who want anonymous games want the game to actually be anonymous.... then... start a thread for a true anonymous contest and I will immediately send my preferences to Ry Vor.

Otherwise... I will wait for the next true anonymous contest.
Lord Thanatos

Have to agree. I like the anonymous format, but in-game communication leads to the same teaming that makes me like the anonymous. So, if there is a true anonymous, sign me up. Likewise, I would do a team game, because teams are set and expected, and no ganging up hopefully.

We can certainly make this truly Anon, No communication if that is what the majority like Smile However I want to keep the "you get what you get" kingdom choice, I hate first come first serve, to me it's like a form of cheating. Also from reading, it seems certain players like to play together, and can hand select the perfect combo.
Podium player returning to the conflict!

(07-07-2014, 09:31 PM)The Usurper Wrote: We can certainly make this truly Anon, No communication if that is what the majority like Smile However I want to keep the "you get what you get" kingdom choice, I hate first come first serve, to me it's like a form of cheating. Also from reading, it seems certain players like to play together, and can hand select the perfect combo.

The couple of anon games I have played have not included any perfect combo scenarios that I could see. The conflicts I have had have all been 1 v 1 (which is why I like the format). There are no trade orders allowed. Having said that, I could go with pick your kingdom or pick your non-kingdom. Good with either.

Alright, let's continue with the anonymous, but with no communication including in-game messaging.

We'll also stick with the Not These, rather than selecting kingdoms. If this gets bogged down, we will go with 12 kingdoms.

BTW, earlier today we had 4 players in, and all had at least 1 same kingdom for "not", and its not one you would expect in a full diplomacy game.

(07-07-2014, 09:31 PM)The Usurper Wrote: We can certainly make this truly Anon, No communication if that is what the majority like Smile However I want to keep the "you get what you get" kingdom choice, I hate first come first serve, to me it's like a form of cheating. Also from reading, it seems certain players like to play together, and can hand select the perfect combo.

Certain players do like to play together, but only if their kingdoms make geographical sense. And I've never seen them go into a individual game specifically looking to play together.

(07-08-2014, 03:14 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Alright, let's continue with the anonymous, but with no communication including in-game messaging.

We'll also stick with the Not These, rather than selecting kingdoms. If this gets bogged down, we will go with 12 kingdoms.

BTW, earlier today we had 4 players in, and all had at least 1 same kingdom for "not", and its not one you would expect in a full diplomacy game.

This is a fair compromise.

(07-08-2014, 03:14 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Alright, let's continue with the anonymous, but with no communication including in-game messaging.

This is a fair compromise.
Lord Thanatos