Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragons with Monsters
I have a question. I have played the BL several times, and I noticed that there was in the spell list a slot for obtaining monsters (order #860). I have also seen monsters in a mixed group of dragons and wyverns, and I wondered: Is this possible? If it is, then a dragon group with monsters on board can fly over water? Or can they move at a pace faster than 4 points per square? Or, if they would be the sole brigade type in a group, can the dragons still summon them?

Troop types from spell summonings are valid for all kingdoms. So dragons may summon monsters, skeletons, ghouls, and/or wights in addition to their wyverns (and phoenix for BL). All groups move at their specified movement rates in the kingdom setups regardless of what troops are within the group. The only exception is with artifacts like Pegasi (or the speed spell) which may exceed your normal kingdom movement rate.

(04-27-2015, 12:17 PM)unclemike Wrote: Troop types from spell summonings are valid for all kingdoms. So dragons may summon monsters, skeletons, ghouls, and/or wights in addition to their wyverns (and phoenix for BL). All groups move at their specified movement rates in the kingdom setups regardless of what troops are within the group. The only exception is with artifacts like Pegasi (or the speed spell) which may exceed your normal kingdom movement rate.

Mike and I are discussing this.

Would be an easy thing to just deactivate the summon line of spells for RD and BL, I suspect.

I have no real leaning on this one. I could see flying monsters pretty easily. Skeletons, ghouls, wights, are a bit harder to envision, I think, unless there was a brigade limitation "carrying capacity" per dragon or wyvern brigade.