Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC
WI - BL
Noble Dragon,

We can not accept such a long term binding nap. We would counter but really I see no need with you as far away as you are any nap would expire before we came to blows. Plus the idea such an intelligent Dragon such as yourself would choose to attack a region that is more than 1/3 water. I just do not see it happening unless times are truely in a grave state between us.

The Dark Lord

OOC: Okay here goes, I've spent the last few days reading lots and lots. I'm basically copying some of what UN did in the other public game. Please let me know if I say anything stupid!

UN-ALL

Greetings! Master of Mysteries, Yoda, I am. If seeking to hire agents, you are, to the right place, you have come.

Bored, sometimes my agents are. So things they might do, or released, information might be, without money from other places.

1: For one village, some protection you will have. Bored agents, elsewhere they will look. And if information I have about you, private it will remain.

2: All services, for a cost may be had. For each agent level, 1,500 gold you can pay. The first to be served, is the first to come. Early kidnaps, information you must provide. Others, some flexibility I may need, so that enemy precautions, limited effect they will have. Reject your offer, I may decide, if too low the chances are, or agent availability there is none.

3: For a second village, outbidding option you will have, 1,000 gold more than the first bid if you agree to pay, and first bid I will reject. But without second village, no outbidding will happen. Without second village, the first to be served, is the first to come. Also, reduced prices, you will also have, for each agent level, 1,000 gold you can pay.

4: Or instead of two villages, total of one town, outbidding you can also do, discount you will also have.

Your preferred provider of agent services, Yoda hopes to be.

Yoda, Master of Mysteries (Y'MOM)

----------------------------------------

UN-GN

Greetings! Control of region and city, you will have, if a total of four towns and four villages and three spells, our portion will be. For this agreement, protection from bored agents, private information, outbidding and discount, you also get. Also between us, no fighting there will be. But agents, hired against you they still can be, unless outbidding you do.

West and center, we will search. UA to XG or XH, the box is, minus mountains, plus sea to north. Agreed we are?

Y'MOM

--------------------------------------------

UN-BL

Greetings! For your town, we give you thanks! Protection from bored agents, private information, outbidding and discount, you will have.

Y'MOM

---------------------------------

UN-DE

Friends, we like. Clients, we also like. Thanks, we give you, for saying hello.

Y'MOM

UN-ALL

Oh, forget to say, I did, but large bid for the High Council, I will make. Appreciate it, I would, if let me on, you do.

Y'MOM

Patience you must have my young padawan 

WA-DE

Master of Deception, we have taken your opening gesture to council and we believe that we may be able to work together in subduing the fire and making it bend to our will.

Red Magus (w/the Many Hats)

GN-UN

Lord of Spies

I agree to split the region with you I will get control and the city. Your regional control will be substantial. At this time I do not know how many towns and villages it will take to get you to substantial. I do not want to promise you a number of pop centers that will lose me control of the region. I also propose a mutual defense treaty, meaning if any attack you I will help you and vise versa. I am looking for an ally to share the region with. As an ally I expect no agent actions will be taken against me. I of course will still pay for any agent requests. Let me know if this is acceptable.

Your Friend
Frodrich the Dwarf slayer Herald of the little people

OOC Good luck in your first game

BL

"MiLord, we have heard from Yoda, Master of the Mysterious. He is leader of the underworld."  The Desert King gazed with lust at the features of his Master of Spies.  She would easily have been the favorite in his harem, such was her beauty.  But since Arcura was the deadliest creature he had ever met - with or without her Great Form - he was content to have her services in the manner she deemed most appropriate. If Arcura was delivering this message in person it was undoubtedly of great import.

"Will he accept our gift of a town in our region after I reestablish my rule and gain control of the Southern Sands?"

"Yes, Milord.  And Yoda has reciprocated with the following boons granted to you: protection from bored agents, private information, outbidding and discounts.  He is truly a sophisticated diplomat.  I thought to put him in touch with Grundun, but a stubborn dwarf will keep his word even if he has bartered away Hammerhold for magic beans."  Arcura had deliberately dressed provacatively to delight her noble lord's gaze.  The Desert King would never disappoint her by failing to observe all her physical charms when they were so enticingly displayed than he would fail to respond to the underworld with the alacrity he was certain Yoda expected.

"Please, lovely Arcura, see that Yoda receives the following message:"

BL - UN
Greetings Yoda, Master of Mysteries

The town in my region designated for your rule was a gift.  And I acknowledge the nobility in your response to provide gifts in return.  I heartily thank you. Beyond the exchange of gifts I seek a more concrete relationship with your important kingdom.  If it would please you, I would declare you an ally turn one and the following turn set-up a standing order to gift you 3,000 gold.  I am hoping such largesse would enable you to grant me complete immunity from UN agent activities.  Please consider and provide a response at your earliest convenience.  By declaring you an ally it will certainly enable easier payment for underworld agent activities I intend to fully fund.

Since the GN has spurned my gift of the starting RD town in Runnimede I shall instead be able to maintain an embassy in Runnimede to make communication between our two kingdoms as easy as possible. Such an embassy may be sufficient to alter control of the region from the Scarlet Wyrm's gnome slaves to yourself?  We shall see . . .  Once I control that town I will again contact you Master Yoda to determine how providing the deed to that holding might create a closer alliance between our two peoples.  I do not desire to craft a bargain for a town I do not yet possess.  I simply desire to inform you that I may come into possession of a Runnimede town so that you may spend some time in consideration of how such an event might improve the relationship between our nations.

Of course, should the gnome decide he does not wish to supply foodstuff to the Scarlet Wyrm then I will be providing that town to him as a gift.  At a minimum one would think the gnome would seek to contact his eastern neighbor, especially since I crafted a message to him earlier.

BL - WI
I completely understand your position regarding eternal peace in a world with an uncertain future.  Oh how I wish my bloodthirsty cousin had not violated the treaty and eliminated the dark elves so as to plunge our entire world into war and mayhem.  Since I have not yet heard from the noble house of the High Elves in response to my offer to provide commerce during winter and summer I am curious as to whether you would be comfortable entering into such an agreement?  I would provide you 40,000 food during every winter month and expect you to provide me 40,000 food during every summer month.  Interested?

Arcura was certainly aware of the Desert King's interest in her physical beauty.  The reason she wore such revealing adornment while in his presence was so she could gaze upon the phyical perfection of the Desert King while she had distracted his focus.  She might have been queen to the Desert King a few thousand years earlier if she had not elected to take it upon herself to protect him from the more nefarious plots against him or his interests.  The overt obstacles to his plans were easily countered by his magnificent mind, but she had ruthlessly dispatched more enemies from within the shadows than anyone would ever believe.  She had loved the Desert King since they were both wyrmlings; but she was now his Master of Spies and she recognized the importance of such a post.  There was no one in all of Alamaze the Desert King trusted more than Arcura.

"The messages shall be delivered forthwith Sire."
Lord Thanatos

GI-WA

Greetings Red Magus!

I, Dozreg Bloodgulper do accept your motion of peace between our kingdoms. On the premise that I retain "overall" control of Amberland, I agree to "not" contest you for the control of the island city and a few towns and villages on the western plains...

I also request that we sign a peace treaty with the potential of an alliance in the future...

What say you to this proposal?

GI-DE

Greetings Princes of Brimstone!

After consulting my advisors, we have agreed to "not" interfere with your actions in Arcania as long as you do "not" hinder our actions in Amberland...

What length of a peace treaty do you wish to sign?

DW-UN

To the Wise and Grammatically Peerless Yoda,

It is sadly no surprise to me that the honorless Gnomes are trying to take advantage of you. You see, each region will have between seven and nine towns and villages each, and even in the worst case scenario from the historical archives of seven and seven (which I have only seen a bare handful of times out of dozens and dozens of occasions in the archives), he would still have enough census to take the region with the city, three towns, and three villages. Moreover, the city is worth the most production, twice the census but thrice the gold production of an ordinary town, particularly in Runnimede. So that is another big concession.

I also see he is trying to push you to abandon the business model so effectively put forward by other past leaders of the Underworld, an abandonment which might offer short-term comfort, but which would certainly harm you in the long-run.

Let me set forth an alternative strategy for you, should you be interested.

1) Send your Prince to Cradia to maintain status quo [order 310] for the next few months.

2) I will send my army through the portal in early autumn and come straight away to Cradia. At this stage, the Gnomes cannot stand against my army.

3) I will either attack or siege, and declare you an ally right before I do. When I take the city, Gnomish emissaries will either be forced to flee or captured, but your Prince will remain in place. On that same turn, I will tax the city [order 240] and you can then usurp control [order 330] to take it, and likely the region as well at that point.

4) For this service, I ask only to be considered a preferred outbidding client, and for your town in the Talking Mountains, transferred at the same time as the city so there is no loss to you.

5) Meanwhile, you will have the advantage in the towns, with your greater recon ability, your Sleep spell at Power-2 (Gnomes don't receive it until Power-3), and most of all, your early kidnap ability which has good odds to carry the day against most of his starting emissaries.

Please consider my offer, there is of course no pressure at all, but I cannot bear to see the sneaky Gnomes attempt to take such advantage of a newer ruler, who should instead be treated with magnanimity and generosity.

Best,
Grundun, Chief Diplomat for the Dwarves