Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC
DW-RD

Tremendous Majesty,

I was wondering how your scouting efforts went? If you happened to find either my village (preferred) or the Witchlord village (secondary), we could use it as a point of reference.

I can confirm that the Rangers have acted upon their hostile words. Happily, however, I planned for exactly such a contingency.

Did the Rangers similarly trap another one of their high-ranking nobles at Gundibar, as well? It is always so amusing to see new rulers attempt to play at the game of thrones!

Best,
Grundun

DW-UN

Mysterious Yoda,

Indeed, having population centers spread out so far can be a great inconvenience. One suggestion I might make to you is to consider additional taxation [i.e. order 240] as a way of expediting the return of far-flung emissaries to your capital. You see, not only will you garner double income for one month, but as the rabble rebel against you, they will send your political emissaries -- but not agents -- packing for home. In the past, doing so would be the only thing the political emissary could do, but ever since the world's magnetic poles shifted [i.e. the new platform], I have not attempted ordering them to do anything else in the same month, figuring the experience was likely traumatic enough for them.

It may not be worth the order or the loss of income to do that with your foreign village, but it may be worth it to do with your foreign town, as I believe you start with a Count and an Ambassador there. Of course, I will be plain in stating that you doing so would also be in my own direct interests, but on the bright side, I'm willing to pay you for that, as well as for the location of the neutral town you found.

Since you may want to do the taxation for your own reasons, I would now propose a standing order to trade just the gold value of the town to you for one food, starting at the very end of autumn, in exchange for the location of your town now. So you would have the benefit of full production despite the fact that it will be winter. For that benefit, I would also request to be considered to have donated one "village" to you as protection.

I would also be willing to trade you the location of the portal, which you expressed some interest in, for the location of the neutral town now. That way, you could easily send your group home to Runnimede, and in the process, you could find out where the portal exits. My only request would be that you not share that information with your stubnose neighbor.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

Best,
Grundun, for the Dwarves

UN-DW

Exactly what I want, 240 is! You Dwarves, Yoda thanks. To your terms, we agree, but slightly more, we want.

For one village protection program, 10,000 gold. For two village protection program, 15,000 gold. Okay?

UN-DE

Asking again, with you it is okay, my governor through Zarathon moves?

DE-UN

Yes, you are welcome to move through Zarathon.

DE-BL

LT - Would like to hear from you regarding the possibility of trading towns. I think we're open to that. I also have discovered an neutral village in the Sands that I'd like to include in the trade proposal. Did you happen to discover anything in Arcania?

(OOC - How in the heck do you trade co-ordinates with only forum communication? This is really interesting but also annoying. Lots different but really need to shift my brain here)

(12-10-2015, 03:27 AM)Acererak Wrote: DE-BL

LT - Would like to hear from you regarding the possibility of trading towns. I think we're open to that. I also have discovered an neutral village in the Sands that I'd like to include in the trade proposal. Did you happen to discover anything in Arcania?

(OOC - How in the heck do you trade co-ordinates with only forum communication? This is really interesting but also annoying. Lots different but really need to shift my brain here)

OOC. The most secret way allowed is if you both know a common point like where a group is or a certain PC you can both reference.

BL

All the realms in Alamaze are alight with the birth of a new age!  Master Yoda has ascended to First Seat on the High Council, the demi-humans in the north are being led by the mighty Dread Lord, and the Scarlet Wyrm is picking charred dark elven bones from his teeth.  Great events are sure to follow as the grip of the humans is forcefully shattered.  The pure-blooded Rangers seek to stem the tide of change, the wizened Ancient Ones refuse to offer their guidance, and the clever Underworld King intends to be certain his human followers always play an indispensible role in guiding the lands of Alamaze.  Did the Scarlet Wyrm sense the impending upheaval or cause it?  These thoughts and more churned in the Desert King's mind as he once again found himself in the war room looking upon the map of Alamaze.

"MiLord, the Demon Prince agrees to 12 months of peace with us and intimates the possibility of a full alliance thereafter."  Commander Ahzek was pleased to relay this good news to his beloved ruler. "Out kingdoms shall also exchange towns as we close our embassies and recall our troops.  Our scouting groups have already located the Demon Prince embassy in the Southern Sands and, thus, provides a common reference point for us to disclose the exact placement of our embassy in Arcania.  I have already informed the Lord of the Endless Host that he can look four clicks north and eight clicks west from the location of his town to find ours.  I further indicated that during the third month of this new age both of our kingdoms should double tax our former embassies; I anticipate the fearsome Demon Prince will soon indicate that he accepts this plan."

"We have also located the Ranger embassy in the Southern Sands.  I am uncertain what correspondence you desire to send to Lady Steelhawk. And what gifts would you like sent to Master Yoda to congratulate him?"

The Desert King stood and approached his Supreme Commander.  "Convey the following."

BL - UN
Congratulations Master Yoda!  I am pleased to learn of your election to the High Council and am heartened to observe such a bold response from the valiant human race to the genecide perpetrated by my bloodthirsty cousin.  If I may be so bold, I am puzzled that you failed to issue an order to raise a matter for a vote of the High Council.  I strongly counsel you to do so this turn.  In fact, I suggest that you send missives to all the other kingdoms informing them that you intend to spend a mere 500 gold coins to raise the issue of your choice and if any other king joins the High Council and elects to outbid you then said kingdom will forfeit the right to enjoy any protection from bored underworld agents.  However you elect to proceed, you can be assured that from this coming month until the end of days a minimum of 3,000 gold shall be shipped to you each turn from your friend the Desert King.  Also, I have determined the location of the town I intend to relinquish to your care as soon as I control the region.  Expect further correspondence in due course from either myself or the Ranger queen, whom I trust completely.  Again, congratulations!

BL-RA
Mighty Lady, Greetings!

If it pleases you to spare a few moments from guarding agaist the brewing storm on your northern border, I ask that you convey your acceptance of my plan to move a Black Dragon emissary to your Southern Sands town this month so that when you double tax it on the third month it shall allow me to usurp it.  This should greatly increase the opportunity for me to more quickly reestablish my formal rule over the Southern Sands so that I am in a better position to provide military aid should you so desire.  Additionally, as I previously mentioned I intend to transfer control of that town to Master Yoda so that he will be even more inclined to assist us when our hour of need arrives.  I believe he has already made plans to accept this gift and credit the goodwill so created to the Black Dragon and Ranger ledgers.

I also hear tales upon the wind that the King Under the Mountain is conspiring with the Scarlet Wyrm to ignobly imprison your stalwart subjects.  Can this be true?  Has the Scarlet Wyrm's rotted mind so completely infested the King Under the Mountain?  Please keep me informed of developments as I continue to nurture the hope that the rumors upon the wind are merely small gusts of inaccurate inuendo.

Be true to your principals and guard your peoples, my fierce ally!

BL - DE
Greetings Lord of the Endless Host!

My Supreme Commander informs me that he has already provided to you the location of our Arcania town.  I shall double-tax it on the third month so that title may be tranferred back to you as simply as possible.  I anticipate the same conduct regarding your Southern Sand town and I thank you in advance for so readily accepting this course of action.  I also wish to confirm that Commander Ahzek was acting with my full authority when he conveyed my agreement to promise 12 months of peace between our two kingdoms.  Thank you for having already confirmed your acceptance of the same.  Keep an eye on the northern alliance as those are long-lived races conspiring together.  Best wishes my friend!

"How fares Scythia in her training to become a Dragon Knight?"

"MiLord, she is a fearsome warrior and fearless as well.  She shall, indeed, be an awe-inspiring First Dragon Knight."  Ahzek radiated pride both in Scythia's accomplishments and in the fact that he was again providing the training he took such fierce pride in oh so many thousands of years ago.  "Once you decree that we may again assume our Great Form the training can proceed to its final stage and the world shall once again be defended and guided by the magnificent order of Dragon Knights!"
Lord Thanatos

DW-UN

Mysterious Yoda,

How about 8,000 per month for the one village protection or 12,000 per month for the two village protection? Not sure yet which I will want, will decide before the end of autumn.

If that works for you, please let me know where the two towns are... I don't believe we have a common point of reference yet, and the information is more useful to me now, than if we were to wait.

You can decide if you want the portal information now, or wait until we have a point of reference. Just know that if you want it now, everyone else will know the portal location as well.

Best,
Grundun

GN-UN

I found 3 villages this turn one being yours. we now have a common reference to refer to. I will finish searching the Z line. if you are searching ZA and YA I will start on the Y line. I will move into the two neutral villages I found and you move on the pops you found. If you search the small box that you mentioned west of the Mountains of Arcania I will search the small box north and south of those coordinates.

Yours in Friendship
Frodrich Herald of the little people

UN-DW

Hard negotiator, you are, but in the corner, you have put us. So agree, we do.

Sometimes in riddles, Yoda speaks. So find the town, you will, if smart, you are. From there, as a group moves, ten points south, more gold is.

On the portal, we will wait. Again, our thanks.

UN-GN

Agreed, we are!

UN-DE

Our thanks, you have!

UN-BL

Confused, bid we did make, did we not?