Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limited Forum Diplomacy - Game 5186
I like this format better than the other I played.. Smile

Overall I am enjoying it MUCH better than a silent game.
I think 3 turns is too short for the NAP. I haven't really used them. IMHO maybe they should be longer (6 turns?), only be able to be used to a certain turn (between 10 and 20?), or not exist (just use Allies).

Silent games just seem like I am playing a computer AI. I like the banter between turns... and the diplomacy it allows. This game would have played out very differently if it was silent.

Greeting from the NE!

Long have we had our noses inside stuffy books. It seems as though an eternity has passed since we last communicated. It seems that much has occurred over the past few months. Wars have ended, others have started. One constant is that Death's influence grows...

We are not blind, and we have seen the influence of the two great factions rise and force them into conflict. We have sought to temper this when possible. We remain committed to balance and would encourage our fellow rulers to tame their avarice and not expand beyond the rule of 2 regions. For this would signal a desire to dominate the world, and we cannot have such. Persistence in this effort will force our dormant forces to rouse. Something that we most strongly prefer not happen, as it takes forever to rouse the Dead, and once set on a task they are most difficult to control or withdraw.

We have proven true to our word thus far and have further proven our intentions by withdrawing our forces from the lands of those who were aggressors at a time they were most vulnerable. We seek only peace and balance yet should we be forced to enter the fray we shall do this with every resource we possess.

Remember the twice-told Prophecy from seasons past. If the Warlock and Zealots consume each other in battle, the two that live below ground shall strive for ultimate supremacy and the rest of the world shall fall to the victor.

(GN)

I do think we’re onto something with the 3 turn forum only diplomacy. It works.

Alas, the Gnome suffered an ill timed mostly missed turn 2 back at a very critical juncture. One of my main groups was surprised and annihilated with Chaos by the Paladins, sad to not issue orders with 3 power 6+ wizards lost and not adding tk the battle. My daughter’s birthday must have taken all my focus that day.

Sigh. This put me much more on the defensive, with DA, NE, SA all in various levels kf attacking me.

NE to GN:

Perhaps you are mistaking us for another? We Dead have never attacked nor taken any offensive action toward your Kingdom. As long as you remain at 2 regions and do not press for 3 we shall continue not to attack.

(10-14-2018, 04:55 PM)Calidor Wrote: NE to GN:

Perhaps you are mistaking us for another?  We Dead have never attacked nor taken any offensive action toward your Kingdom.  As long as you remain at 2 regions and do not press for 3 we shall continue not to attack.

(GN)

GN - NE

I was referring to the double infuriate populace your mages inflicted on us turn 22. I suppose that would be considered defensive? Although I’m not sure I’d agree since I had already offered to not oppose your dominion on pc’s where we had both been present.

The DA is getting my attention now. Last turn one of his groups was destroyed and this turn we shall have some fun fighting his main army. He seems to have overextended himself.

Hmm... it has been a long time. I shall have to review the orders we placed. Any actions I take are purely in the interest of preventing one group from gaining an unassailable position of dominance.

I would like to hear from the DA. It seems as though he has Synisvania and the Sands locked up. He also is sitting just below the precipice for the Eastern Steppes. Should he wrest control of Arcania from you it is likely that his dominance shall be declared...

...but perhaps he has another perspective to present to us.

Remember the twice-told Prophecy from seasons past. If the Warlock and Zealots consume each other in battle, the two that live below ground shall strive for ultimate supremacy and the rest of the world shall fall to the victor

____________________________________________________________________________________
Yes, I know the prophecy great King of the Mists:  My actions were set in motion a few moons ago, when an aggressor took your populations on our peaceful Western border, and at the same time, the same aggressor had further established himself on my Southern border, by taking populations in his blindside of the late DE king.  These two factors combined with his control of Amberland (R5), left him on all my borders.  And by the response of his emmies and military, he was already in position to move before peace between your kingdoms had occurred.  I have no ill will towards the people of Amberland, But the Horse King has alliances, and that doesn’t leave him anywhere else to expand.

That said I see our border is no longer in the hands of the horse king.  I’m still not sure why I was declared neutral by you, since I was already neutral?  No worries though, as I have said in the past, our border is safe from my incursions.   If an alliance or NAP would make the dead sleep better it is on the table.

Warlock King/ Mountain of Fire

(10-15-2018, 08:41 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Remember the twice-told Prophecy from seasons past. If the Warlock and Zealots consume each other in battle, the two that live below ground shall strive for ultimate supremacy and the rest of the world shall fall to the victor

____________________________________________________________________________________
Yes, I know the prophecy great King of the Mists:  My actions were set in motion a few moons ago, when an aggressor took your populations on our peaceful Western border, and at the same time, the same aggressor had further established himself on my Southern border, by taking populations in his blindside of the late DE king.  These two factors combined with his control of Amberland (R5), left him on all my borders.  And by the response of his emmies and military, he was already in position to move before peace between your kingdoms had occurred.  I have no ill will towards the people of Amberland, But the Horse King has alliances, and that doesn’t leave him anywhere else to expand.

That said I see our border is no longer in the hands of the horse king.  I’m still not sure why I was declared neutral by you, since I was already neutral?  No worries though, as I have said in the past, our border is safe from my incursions.   If an alliance or NAP would make the dead sleep better it is on the table.

Warlock King/ Mountain of Fire

Great Warlock-  I do not believe that we made and declarations except to turn the Zealots neutral and end the war declaration.

Honestly, I am not sure how to proceed and fear that if I choose wrongly we shall not survive to the next time we may communicate.

My bad on the declaration. I need new glasses Lol