Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maelstrom Test Game
(01-18-2019, 02:35 AM)RELLGAR Wrote: If your not a dragon kingdom,  you can choose  a second  kingdom  brigade  green.  Your first pic would be G12, then your second is G5

Only gold can be chosen more than once right?

(01-18-2019, 02:21 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Also I have four fleets in tempest with no pop center in region, and a water capital in my capital region with no fleets “0”.   So stranded?

I also have Paladins as recruitable in pops and wild, I think that may be a mistake?

(01-18-2019, 02:24 AM)gkmetty Wrote: Perhaps I dont understand the order but under customization:
G5 [2 pts] – Kingdom named brigade (non-flying) of Green experience
G12 [2 pts] – Kingdom named brigade of Veteran experience

Is there a reason why I would every take G5 over G12

I believe G12 was intended to be a promotion of a kingdom brigade.   And G5 an extra brigade
May need clarification

Knights of Styx KS 8,000 10,000 Unlimited Recruit at pop center within Darkover (2), Krynn (4), Triumvia (5), Nyvaria (7), or Pellinor (9) and requires General and 1 Veteran brigade [Only permitted for evil kingdoms Dark Elves, Demon Princes, Pirates, Necromancer, Tyrant, Underworld]

Shows as recruitable on the Druid Setup

Also shows Paladins as recruitable as a companion in the wild.

Greetings, Lords.  Welcome to The Maelstrom!

Congratulations to the Wizard Mike.  This was kind of a whirlwind as development goes.  This is of course the first time both the design and the code are tested, so if everything is perfect, you should be utterly amazed!  I'm especially happy here before seeing a turn that as a late accomplishment that Maelstrom games will start from the Game Creator - I was fearful it would be up to me to begin them manually but already this first game has begun.

I am traveling to the capital of the realm to visit my new grandson, young Merlin Vor.  So regrettably I am away at the onset of the test.  I will try to answer a few of the early questions, but will be gone for the weekend and Monday.

Let's put any perceived bugs on this thread, and feel free to post impressions as well.  Suggestions for changes apart from bugs or inconsistencies are probably not happening, as I've kept Mike over the allotted time as is.

Would someone please post the roster of Kingdoms, Regions and Personas for this game?  That will help quite a bit to understand the comments better.

(01-18-2019, 02:21 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Also I have four fleets in tempest with no pop center in region, and a water capital in my capital region with no fleets “0”.   So stranded?

What specifics - kingdom, capital region, which seas do you have fleets and how many?

Fleets generally are assigned by capital region and can be modified by kingdom or trait.

Funny you mention it....one of the first things noticed is you see who is playing but not the region. I think perhaps capital region and kingdom should be displayed at the end of T1. Even if anon it would be reasonable that everyone in the lands knows the general location of each kingdom.

It was on the game creator but did not think to snap a pic of it at the time.

Anyway, cool stuff so far. Lots to sort out.

(01-18-2019, 03:13 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:

What specifics - kingdom, capital region, which seas do you have fleets and how many?

Fleets generally are assigned by capital region and can be modified by kingdom or trait.

My fleets (4) are in the tempest sea in Pellinor.  My capital region tri with no fleets.  My capital is in the sea in Triumvia and I have no fleets.  I have no population centers in Pellinor.

(01-18-2019, 03:31 AM)PTRILEY Wrote:

My fleets (4) are in the tempest sea in Pellinor.  My capital region is Triumvia, with no fleets.  My capital is in the sea in Triumvia and I have no fleets.  I have no population centers in Pellinor.[/b][/font][/size][/color]

What is the kingdom? The fleets are in a sea, rather than a region. Triumvia is scheduled to have fleets in The Tempest.

(01-18-2019, 03:34 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:31 AM)PTRILEY Wrote:

My fleets (4) are in the tempest sea in Pellinor.  My capital region is Triumvia, with no fleets.  My capital is in the sea in Triumvia and I have no fleets.  I have no population centers in Pellinor.[/b][/font][/size][/color]

What is the kingdom?
SA  sacred order