Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counter espionage
Does anyone know if the counter espionage that comes with fortifications stacks?  You get 20% with a fort and 20% with a castle.  If you build them both do you get 40%?  The defensive values stack so it would seem that other values should stack as well.

I've been wondering that too.  And does the counter-espionage bonus apply only to the kingdom that controls the PC?  For instance if you wanted to kidnap an AM emissary in a RD controlled great castle, do you battle the counter-espionage?

Whether it stacks or not for fortifications, what about for buildings?  You must build a bazaar in order to build a thieves guild, the bazaar give -10, while the thieves guild gives +20.  I assume these two buildings result in a +10 total?

(09-19-2020, 12:10 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: I've been wondering that too.  And does the counter-espionage bonus apply only to the kingdom that controls the PC?  For instance if you wanted to kidnap an AM emissary in a RD controlled great castle, do you battle the counter-espionage?

Whether it stacks or not for fortifications, what about for buildings?  You must build a bazaar in order to build a thieves guild, the bazaar give -10, while the thieves guild gives +20.  I assume these two buildings result in a +10 total?
Uncle Mike are you able to answer these for us pleezzze?

Originally, fortifications were solitary structures where they don't stack at all with each other. Then the decision was made to stack only pc defenses (as mentioned in the Maelstrom release notes, towards the bottom of the forum post). So status quo, counter-espionage, and such do not stack if you upgrade one fortification to a better version. Building effects (like the Bazaar's counter-espionage penalty) do combine with fortifications as well as any agent activity that you may issue for the turn.

Keep in mind, inherit bonuses from building and fortification counter-espionage only applies for the pc itself regarding things like stealing food/gold, sabotaging defense values, etc. They do not protect any figures or groups located at the pc. For that purpose, you will need to issue an agent order to protect figures and groups with guard or counter-espionage. Your agents can also help protect the pc against stealing/sabotage by counter-espionage the pc.

Oh... my.  So, the counter-espionage value of a PC does NOT reduce chances of kidnap of emissaries inside the PC?  That is good to know.

(09-19-2020, 09:00 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Oh... my.  So, the counter-espionage value of a PC does NOT reduce chances of kidnap of emissaries inside the PC?  That is good to know.

Yeah, that’s a bit of a game changer. I assumed it was like a 920. Makes me wish I was playing an agent kingdom in one of the new games.

Thanks Uncle Mike for this explanation.  It really is different from what I had thought was happening.

(09-19-2020, 09:37 PM)The Painted Man Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 09:00 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: Oh... my.  So, the counter-espionage value of a PC does NOT reduce chances of kidnap of emissaries inside the PC?  That is good to know.

Yeah, that’s a bit of a game changer. I assumed it was like a 920. Makes me wish I was playing an agent kingdom in one of the new games.

Me too. This is a huge eye opener. No wonder folks seem to be able to kidnap and assasinate with impunity even when you have a legendary castle. This should be altered. Seems silly to think that these kinda of fortifications wouldn’t help protect the inhabitants. Could maybe stop the ridiculous situation you get in sometimes where the UN takes your king, regent, regent over and over and over and nothing you can do to stop it. Especially with castles, guilds etc. What exactly are the CE values protecting against? A 1,000 point defense sabotage? That’s really helpful.

(09-20-2020, 07:14 PM)Acererak Wrote:

Me too. This is a huge eye opener. No wonder folks seem to be able to kidnap and assasinate with impunity even when you have a legendary castle. This should be altered. Seems silly to think that these kinda of fortifications wouldn’t help protect the inhabitants. Could maybe stop the ridiculous situation you get in sometimes where the UN takes your king, regent, regent over and over and over and nothing you can do to stop it. Especially with castles, guilds etc. What exactly are the CE values protecting against? A 1,000 point defense sabotage? That’s really helpful.
Totally agree. Castles etc. should protect everything- like dire wolf? That makes no sense- the castle just defends food?

Salty dog.