Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea off the top of my head
Please bear with me , it's my first game . I find "anonymous" gaming a bit frustrating but "full diplomatic" games are generally too hectics and wilds to my taste. What about an anonymous game where orders 341-348 would be authorized? Players would have to proportion their diplomatic involvement with their other activities and the deals wouldn't evolve faster than the game. What do you think? Would it be doable? Interesting?  

Orders 341-348 have been disabled in 2nd Cycle. We had one game using that as the only means of communication and it was fun. Rick has mentioned that he is considering revamping those orders and reactivating them, but I am not sure when he will have time to look into it as I hear he is currently knee-deep in 3rd Cycle development.
The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze

I think this is a good idea.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

The 341-349 came out in the pre-internet days.  Its a bit archaic now. 

We've been experimenting with an in-between anonymous and unlimited diplomacy.  I think the best format for that is Magic - the team game - where you correspond with your teammates but no one else.  We also had a game called Independence where trade is restricted as are long term agreements and communication was lower.

I still wish we had an anonymous in-game communicator tool. Preferably something that didn't allow fill-in-the-blank, but forced you to choose from a limited number of options. Hell, I wouldn't mind if those options were mostly limited to smack talk. "Get out of my region!", "So sorry to hear about your Duke", "That is what happens when you attack the wrong kingdom. Remember turn 5??".

Clearly, this would be way down on the list of priorities even if it gained traction.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Lol bring back the index cards and PDFs them as attachments. I wish I could find my old box with all those cards, game maps and turns. I am sure I have some old grudges with at least a couple of you!
Lord Alz - "Jeff"
Arch Mage of the Ancient Ones