Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Diplo Fast Steel Chivalrous Rex
I do find the M-W-F diplomacy game is a tad too fast for me. For anonymous, it's perfect - I'd probably play a daily game of anonymous if that was an option. But I would be happier with a M-Th-Tu-F option rather than the 4-4-6

(09-04-2015, 11:10 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I'll try to figure a way to more accurately gauge what number of players really want M-W-F as opposed to 4-4-6.  I kind of think if the designer likes the respite provided by 4-4-6, that likely the main player base feels the same way.  But if I am proven wrong, we can have more accelerated games.  That said, most players are not coming from a perspective of other player burn-out.  Again, even with 4-4-6 most answers I get as to why players drop out is that the pace is too fast.  They were used to one turn every two weeks. 

I have no interest in accelerated games. Just so we have someone saying so.

(09-07-2015, 08:21 PM)Feralkoala Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 11:10 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I'll try to figure a way to more accurately gauge what number of players really want M-W-F as opposed to 4-4-6.  I kind of think if the designer likes the respite provided by 4-4-6, that likely the main player base feels the same way.  But if I am proven wrong, we can have more accelerated games.  That said, most players are not coming from a perspective of other player burn-out.  Again, even with 4-4-6 most answers I get as to why players drop out is that the pace is too fast.  They were used to one turn every two weeks. 

So just to be crystal clear... you prefer 4/4/6 over, say, 2/week, yes?

For me, never faster than 4/4/6.

(09-07-2015, 08:31 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 08:21 PM)Feralkoala Wrote:

So just to be crystal clear... you prefer 4/4/6 over, say, 2/week, yes?

I could do one game at 2/week, but if I am doing 2 games, then 4/4/6 is a must for me. I don't mind dropping my service level to accommodate a 2/week game, if that seems to be the direction things are going.

Signup: post kingdom selection when signing up

Fast: M + W + F  processing  (Rick changed this to 4/4/6)
Full Diplomacy
Chivalrous: non-podium personas +25k starting gold
Rex: Must control 4 regions to win
Steel: 12 players select from the 15 kingdoms

I am in!

I choose SO! 

Players so far:

LT = SO
Imperial_Tark = EL

Who will be next?
Lord Thanatos

of course, if somebody really has their heart set on the Elves... I can be bought Smile

(09-05-2015, 07:13 PM)VballMichael Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 06:43 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I'm looking for new voices on this topic.  Yes, I know five highly respected players want a faster turn cycle.  I'm looking for the other 60 opinions.

Not one of those highly respected players, but I have an opinion Smile
I like options. Thus, I am in some slow, some fast and I like that.

I am in my first accelerated games (2 that started recently) and they are pretty fast, so I think I will lean more to the 4-4-6.
Having said that, it might be nice to have a fast game available sometimes.
I agree with Vball here.  
I'm currently enjoying the fast Warlords variant but there are times when I enjoy a somewhat slower game.  However the 4-4-6 is a little too slow for my taste.  
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

Hey guys,

Make mine the Witchlord.

Mad
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

We kind of lost the thread in this thread.  I'm closing this thread and starting a new one, preserving the kingdom selections made, clarifying the format.