Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Diplo Fast Steel Chivalrous Rex
I don't post much and I only play one game at a time currently.  When rl allows I plan on more, but you want to know what everyone thinks on turn rate so here's my take, the 4,4,6 is fine, except for that 6.   The fast games, are every three days?  That would be too fast for me.  I know it doesn't seem much different than 4, but that extra day is a big deal.  That said, I hate the 6 day wait.  I'd love to see turns run every 4 days.  For me that would be perfection. 

A game run every M and Th might be a good compromise for the MFT standard and MWF fast.

M Th and the other cycle be T F. Could be good 2 day a week turn arounds. So far though only 2 the do not like the fast game.

Warlords also really needs to be 2x/week or it is a game that can last 8 or 9+ months which is too long in my opinion.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

As I have said before:

"I originally suggested a twice weekly processing schedule:  Mon + Thurs and Tue + Fri, with Warlords and Titans processed on Wed + Sat.  I think this suggested processing schedule is right in the sweet spot . . .

But to be absolutely clear: I MUCH PREFER the accelerated contests to the normal speed contests.

Also, anyone learning the game will make, notice, correct, and learn from mistakes much more quickly on the accelerated schedule.  This is conducive to becoming a more skilled player in a shorter timeframe!"
Lord Thanatos

I'm looking for new voices on this topic. Yes, I know five highly respected players want a faster turn cycle. I'm looking for the other 60 opinions.

As a new player I like the faster games when it is an anonymous game and the slower one on games with diplomacy.

(09-05-2015, 06:43 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I'm looking for new voices on this topic.  Yes, I know five highly respected players want a faster turn cycle.  I'm looking for the other 60 opinions.

Not one of those highly respected players, but I have an opinion Smile
I like options. Thus, I am in some slow, some fast and I like that.

I am in my first accelerated games (2 that started recently) and they are pretty fast, so I think I will lean more to the 4-4-6.
Having said that, it might be nice to have a fast game available sometimes.

I think you are in that highly respected category.  I am sort of leaning that way - to have some games be faster, but not be the standard.  Again, its easy enough to join more games if people need more Alamaze.  I'd like players to try the different formats, but it seems Warlords is a big leap. 

Definitely still need both turn-pace options still available, no doubt.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde