Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 174
Game details attached.

Attached Files
.pdf   End of Game Details - Game 174 - 10232015.pdf (Size: 238.56 KB / Downloads: 26)
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Gnome

First Age: The Troll Wars

I didn’t gain control of my region until turn 7. Right about that time Runnimede was invaded by the foul Trolls, although not very energetically. He may not have felt any urgency because he was being sent gold and food each month by the Ancient Ones.

We traded pcs back and forth for a few turns while I got my kingdom sorted out. On turn 10 I finally had a wizard capable of casting ‘Dome of Invulnerability’ and it pretty much went downhill for the Troll after that.

I used my agents to poison the Troll’s food supplies, which I have discovered to be devastating when combined with a hostile region. I was successful at a half dozen of those mission.

I will admit that I may have gotten carried away with trying to eliminate the Troll. He just wouldn’t quit no matter how bad it got. Well, not until many turns after another mortal would have anyway. I assassinated his king on turn 17. After that I assassinated seven more Troll Regents, two L& agents, a Baron, Ambassador, Duke (with my army), and three Envoys. I am pretty sure that he spent a lot of resources hiring Envoys to act as heirs.

Starting on turn 13 I focused my efforts on destroying the Troll’s military might by cutting off its head. I ended up killing all his wizards included a P-4 I believe held his hopes of dispelling my Domes long enough for him to get through to my city. I also killed just four leaders early on and three more when I destroyed a small army with some P-7 Earthquakes.

For the longest time I cast Storm at Sea, trapping the Troll army and reinforcements in their water based capital. I finally got bored with that thinking he’d just quit or not even realize that I had stopped. Wouldn’t you know that he headed straight for the beach as soon as they weather cleared? He didn’t get much done, but he certainly tried.

Second Age: The Dragon Wars

Now, I never planned to conquer Arcania. Nor did I really plan to capture the Throne of Alamaze, not until destiny handed it to me. I would have been perfectly content with merely handling all the gold while the Ranger or some other foolish long-leg handled all the headaches of rule. However, I did feel that the Gnomes deserved a certain amount of consideration. To that end, I claimed everything the Trolls had won along with a very nice town in northern Arcania named ‘David’. I felt that David was ideally situated and since it belonged to the lowly Black Dragon, I didn’t see any reason why I shouldn’t claim it.

The Red Dragon sent an army to take David from the Black Dragon, but discovered Gnomish flags over the gates. If he had simply flown away, there never would have been a war for Arcania. Just in case, I sent a few of my trusted nobles to visit Red Dragon holdings. Also as insurance, I had one of my mages throw a dome over David.

Wouldn’t you know it? The foul worm tried to attack the ancient Gnomish stronghold after all! Never mind that he was thwarted by Gnomish prudence, the time had come to give the Red Dragon a bit of the same medicine the Troll had tasted!

I flooded Arcania with my wizards and nobles. The wizards kept the Red from attacking the pcs claimed by the nobles, but the Worm soon realized that he could simply squawk threats at the townsfolk and they would often just surrender. That stopped when I gained control of the region.

My agents had not been idle; they assassinated two Barons, a King, and a Regent. Combined with my wizardly might, this was enough to cause the cowardly winged-lizards to concede the contest, abandon their holdings (including the region of the Southern Sands!) over to Human administrators, and flee for whatever pit spawned them in the first place.

It was about then that I realized that there was no reason to let the long-legs rule Alamaze and set the tax rates themselves. Why, I already controlled 20% of the lands and there was the Southern Sands ripe for the taking! Certainly, there was some feeble Black Dragon presence, but I was certain that there wouldn’t be enough of them left to stand up to me. Besides, I was pretty sure whatever remnants they boasted were fighting in the north. Just in case, I did murder a P3 and P1 that happened to camp near one of my armies; you can never be too sure!

The conquest of the Southern Sands was very simple for my horde of nobles and powerful mages. The Black Dragon did put up a struggle, but there never was any real hope. They could keep their stronghold of Vanasheen (which had very high walls), but the rest was mine. I did find a lonely L13 who looked ready to be annoying and quietly laid him to rest.

Third Age: Claiming the Imperial Crown

With three regions firmly in my grasp, there was nothing to stop me except for the little matter of the mighty Ranger ruling my next target, Sysnisvania. I was certain that he would put up a real fight, so I went there with everything. Nearly every pc outside of Jukanta saw my nobles and I had three groups of wizards prepared to eradicate everything that did not accept me as ruler. Within three turns the region and the throne of Alamaze was mine. The Ranger never even seemed to realize that he was under attack; he certainly didn’t react to my movements until the very end.

The Ancient Ones and I were very hostile, but never really did any damage to one another. A village here and there, but that was about it.

I ended the game with three P-8s and six P-7s, plus two L-15s.

It was good to see newer players like Lord Alz and Stromguard stick the game out till the end.

Congrats Drogo on finishing with so many status points! Had this been a Lion’s Share game, you would have cleaned our clocks. I was very afraid that you would land in Arcania and stop my Rex claim. That’s why I denigrated you and declared you enemy.

Iron Willed: The Troll, Cloud.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Great writeup, thanks!

Stromguard (WI)

This was my first ever game of Alamaze and I ended up taking podium position Bronze.  (While my team game may have finished before this game, it was started a few weeks after this one, and our team was forced to drop after a player from our team dropped all games).   This game ended up going almost the full duration, ending on a Gnome Rex victory on turn 38.  Congratulations to all players on a game well fought!  While I made a lot of mistakes in this game, I was able to recover decently.  For such a long game, it will be difficult for me to remember everything that happened (and I don’t know how some of you are able to recall it so vividly), but I will try to incorporate the major turning points in the game while still trying to make a small margin of sense (sorry in advance if this is hard to follow, as there is just too much that happened in this game for me to accurately piece it together).

I started out this game by trying to capture Northern Mists by turn 3 or 4 and determine who my potential threats were.  As Witchlord’s natural enemy, GI proved to be a thorn in my side from turn 2, positioning an emissary in Viperhead (DK) to MSQ my attempts at taking the region by turn 3.  While this worried me it may delay me an additional turn, it did not stop me from taking the region by turn 3, thanks to some luck and wizard spells.  While this was happening, I sent ally requests to hopefully determine the intention of the two players I deemed to be the biggest threat (GI excluded of course), RD and EL.  RD reciprocated my ally request the following turn, whereas EL built fleets in my seas on patrol, sent over emissaries and assassinated some of my Wizards with remarkable success ratings.   At some point during all this, I caught the GI Prince, pumped him of all Skeletons and then executed him.

When EL made their move on Northern Mists, I was moving my emissaries around in Amberland taking a town/village/city here and there, only to be taken back by the massive GI armies.  As a result of these heavy losses, WI was hurting bad.  With little to no emissaries of value and low level wizards, my position was incredibly vulnerable.  While getting my wizards leveled up, producing new agents and emissaries, EL continued to assault Northern Mists with a variety of armies and emissaries which I had to carefully recover.  If I made a mistake while this weak, I was done for.  

On turn 12, I hatched a plan to move an invisible army consisting of 5 Witchlord troops and 4 Skeletons to assault the Town EL moved his Duke and Agent into with the intent of capturing those along with taking the Town back.  As in prior turns I had simply retaken lost towns with an Emissary, I had ensured that I moved my emissary into the town the turn before to not draw suspicion of army invasion.  The plan worked flawlessly, taking the Town along with the emissaries located there and losing only 1 skeleton brigade.   I began pumping the emissaries for Scandals immediately, along with a few GI prisoners I had.  This elevated my agents in the process.  Finally, I had an upper hand against both enemies fighting WI.  (Also, I had an agent on Standing Order to guard all my prisoners since I had captured GI emissaries also.  Net escape attempts failed between GI and EL had to have been 15-20, all for 1 standing order)

EL caught one of my brigades moving in the sea with a large fleet, killing those brigades and one of my wizards.  At this point, I quickly amassed a 12 fleet at strength 14ish.  I continued to build my wizards, fleet and emissaries for a few more turns, ensuring that I reconned almost all of my Towns and City to keep an eye out for potential threats from EL/GI.  Thanks to this I was able to kill a few Princes and Agents ranging level 8-15 from RA/GI/EL that had moved in via #941 Summon Demon, occasional in conjunction with a sleep spell.  

I had obtained the Key of the Maker on Turn 5, but due to the combat with EL/GI I was not able to teleport down to retrieve said Ring of Power until T22 (17 Turns after I found the Key of the Maker). When I finally had a wizard strong enough safely to take on the US containing the Ring of Power, EL somehow made it passed my fleet and attacked a PC on my mainland.  I quickly grabbed the Ring of Power, leveled up a wizard to level 8, and ended up with a P9 with ring of power (giving him the bonus level and lich invincibility) along with two P7 lich.  I quickly moved my tiny army and wizards there to defend my City, invisible.  My primary group fought and lost all troops.  However, due to my invisible wizards, I killed all three of his wizards and wiped out all 15-20 brigades with Summon Death and kill wizard spells over the course of 2-3 turns.

At this point, EL was also incredibly weak, having lost countless emissaries and their main army groups. GI knocked out WA early on, and AN knocked out GI somewhere around this time frame.  I maintained scouts and watched Regional Reaction levels closely on my areas for AN and RA invasions, which I countered with Summon Demons and my high level agents.  Feeling I had secured Northern Mists, I moved on EL, hard.  I knew EL would be building more emissaries, so I had to locate his capital.  I used HP divines and mapped out R1 then I reconned all towns and city.  I located the capital the same turn I moved my high level wizards into R1.  The following turn I nuked his capital killing 2/3rd of the emissaries there.  I knew his capital would move to the city, so I put a standing order to recon CD, and proceeded to kill all the rest of his emissaries/kings/reagents.  With no wizards left, he could not defend against my summon demons.  I took all PCs and shut down AN invasion of R1/R2 the turn / turn after EL left the game.  

At this point, I felt there was the smallest margin for me to make a play for the win.  I mapped out the remaining turns and put a plan into action to obtain Rex by turn 39/40.  With my 20-25 emissaries and Wizards, I took over Talking Mountains.  I had already mapped out Amberland and Talking Mountains with HP divines, so I was able to take it in 2 turns.  By this point I had amassed a small but powerful 10-15 brigade Army consisting of P9/P7/P7 , Wights, Ghouls and Witchlord troops.  I was able to defend Talking Mountains well against the full might of RA and BL despite RA 30+ brigade army with P8/P6/P5 and two warlords, emissaries, countless artifacts (he had staff of disdain/staff of orator/crystal of seeing/palantirs/several battle artifacts/stone of all minds/stolen crown of anzu/armor of anon/shield of hector/ring of spells and more).  I wiped out his entire army with my 10-15 brigade, only losing 5 or so myself over the course of 3 turns.  I might have had a T40 Rex I think if Gnome did not end it at that time.

Looking back, I could have played this a lot better, but all in all, I am happy making a comeback from9th place for 3rd place finish in this game.  I am sad that I will no longer get a chivalry bonus, however.  I wish there was an award for most enemy emissaries killed or most enemy troops killed, because I think I might be a contender for the top on that list. Also, I ended the game with $1.2 million gold on hand, as I had run out of things to do with it.

Below is my emissary and  lost emissary list at games end:

King              Drakkon of Undeath    The Witchlord city at CD in Oakendell.
                                            Undertook the enamoring of Amberland.

Prince            Nigela                The Ranger city at IN in Amberland.
                                            Successfully relocated base to the city of Evanon.

Baron             Azaghal               The Ranger town at IP in Amberland.
                                            Successfully relocated base to the town of Bracht.

Baron             DIEGO DE LA VEGA      The Ancient Ones town at MI in Amberland.
                                            Successfully relocated base to the town of Brak.

Baron             ELENA DE LA VEGA      The Ranger town at KH in Amberland.
                                            Successfully relocated base to the town of Braun.

Baron             Hurin                 The Ranger city at IN in Amberland.
                                            Successfully relocated base to the city of Evanon.

Baroness          Ranisan               The Ranger town at LK in Amberland.
                                            Successfully relocated base to the town of Braumin.

Baroness          Yharig The Unending   The Ranger town at KM in Amberland.
                                            Successfully relocated base to the town of Bluegrass.

Baron             ZORRO                 The Ranger town at HK in Amberland.
                                            Successfully relocated base to the town of Bog Bottom.

Agent 13          Farrot                The Witchlord village at FL in Northern Mists.
                                            Awaiting further orders.

Agent 9           QUICKBLADE            The Witchlord village at FL in Northern Mists.
                                            Awaiting further orders.

Agent 8           ARYA                  The Witchlord town at EN in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of CU.

Agent 2           FOUND                 The Witchlord village at FI in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of DK.

Agent 2           GORE                  The Witchlord village at FI in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of AJ.

Agent 2           GUARDIAN              The Witchlord city at CD in Oakendell.
                                            Attempted a counter-espionage mission.

Agent 2           REVENGE               The Witchlord village at FL in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of CD.

Agent 2           TRAP                  The Witchlord village at DI in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of CM.

Agent 1           BANE                  The Witchlord town at EQ in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of BW.

Agent 1           BLACKHAND             The Witchlord village at FL in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of GS.

Agent 1           Poison                The Witchlord village at DI in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of ES.

Agent 1           TILT                  The Witchlord village at FL in Northern Mists.
                                            Was assigned to a recon mission of DS.

Priestess         WENCH                 The Witchlord city at CD in Oakendell.
                                            Awaiting further orders.

Artifact               We used the Crystal of Seeing to view area(s): GW, EV, DW

In Memorium
                             Emissaries No Longer at Court

Title                Name                    Turn Lost

Count                Maxitor                      7
            Fanatic 4            Sandfoot                  7
            Agent 7              Skyview                    7
            Governor             Sheildcrest             9
            Priestess            SIREN                       9
            Priestess            CRONE                    10
            Prince               Gindihar                   23
            Priestess            INCENSE                 27
            Priestess            BRIDE                     35
            Baron                Stedford                  37

Below is my destruction of EL Capital securing my victory over EL on T24:

4th Witchlord          The Power-9 wizard Coven cast the destroy town spell.
                           The people of Ahpuch (Area BH) were dismayed as major portions of the town
                           fortifications were abruptly demolished by our powerful magic.

Oakendell              The people of this region have shown outrage at our magical destruction of
                           the town of Ahpuch (Area BH): regional reaction worsened!

4th Witchlord          The Power-7 wizard Braun cast the destroy town spell.
                           The town of Ahpuch (Area BH) was completely engulfed in magical fires by
                           our powerful magic. It has been completely destroyed!

Ahpuch                 King Gramos of the Elven kingdom was consumed by magical fire during the
                           fall of Ahpuch (Area BH)!

Ahpuch                 Baron AEGON of the Elven kingdom was consumed by magical fire during the

Ahpuch                 Baron MARUK of the Elven kingdom was consumed by magical fire during the

Ahpuch                 Baron VICARION of the Elven kingdom was consumed by magical fire during the

Ahpuch                 Envoy Rexlor of the Elven kingdom was consumed by magical fire during the

Ahpuch                 Fanatic 8 JOJO of the Elven kingdom was consumed by magical fire during the

Ahpuch                 Agent 7 ENARI of the Elven kingdom was consumed by magical fire during the

Ahpuch                 Priestess KRISPI of the Elven kingdom was consumed by magical fire during
                           the fall of Ahpuch (Area BH)!

Prisoner               WI Prince Gindihar was consumed by magical fire during the fall of Ahpuch
                           (Area BH)!

(AN)
I will keep this shorter than my usual turn by turn write-ups, but will hit some highlights.
First, I had to figure out how to keep the troll friendly in an anon game. There had been some recent forum chatter on the topic, where even declaring allies in an anon game was questioned. But it seemed to be conceded that sharing a region was a fair reason to declare an ally in an anon game. I took it a step further Smile. I declared the troll an ally and then, when I took the region REALLY quickly, I figured he was in trouble, so I set up a standing order to send him some food and gold (approximately 2 towns and 2 villages) to equal what I thought his share of the region should have been and to encourage him to not bite my hand and to go attack someone, anyone. I never saw him or heard of him at all. Wasn't even sure he was doing stuff. But, from LD's write-up, I guess he did go out and cause some trouble. I stopped the food and gold after maybe 20 turns? Not sure of the exact.
I was mostly left alone and moved into Amberland and took that region. Was feeling pretty good, and made a small invasion into Oakendell, but then the Ranger showed up in force in Amberland, so I had to lay off the WI battle and focus on Amberland. It seemed like I made every possible mistake, including my best mistake of putting a dome on Evanon when the Ranger army group was in fact attacking Avalon. He attacked well, but my mistakes made it worse. Eventually, I withdrew back to my region and was licking my wounds and deciding how to stay in the top 3 for status points with no artifacts and only 1 region. I had built up a nice lead (was in 2nd in points for quite a while), but 3 kingdoms (GN, RA and WI) were destined to finish ahead of me if all stayed the course. So, I planned out the last 3 turns (figuring there would be no Rex victory), planning to kick the WI off the Council with a skeleton, and take Oakendell in a blaze attack on turn 39 and 40 (WI was the one I thought I could catch).
Sadly, the GN did what he did, as detailed by LD, and the game ended on turn 38. I was slow and ended up losing 3rd to the WI by 145 points. Alas, I only blame myself (and my opponents) and the game design and the weather. I did have some conflict with the GN, but it was because he kept coming into my region to take a village now and then, so I had to waste some orders and money taking it back and denigrating. I planned to go visit him some day, but I felt like I was in sand the whole game, turns just kept happening and I made little or no progress.
Congrats to all for a very solid game.

Nice after-action reports, congrats to all especially Stromguard as a new player getting on the podium (a mixed blessing but a mark of passage) and for Lord Diamond getting the Gnomes a Gold instead of their sometimes Silver.  Ballsy Gnomes!

(10-26-2015, 08:42 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: Gnome

First Age: The Troll Wars

I didn’t gain control of my region until turn 7. Right about that time Runnimede was invaded by the foul Trolls, although not very energetically. He may not have felt any urgency because he was being sent gold and food each month by the Ancient Ones.

We traded pcs back and forth for a few turns while I got my kingdom sorted out. On turn 10 I finally had a wizard capable of casting ‘Dome of Invulnerability’ and it pretty much went downhill for the Troll after that.

I used my agents to poison the Troll’s food supplies, which I have discovered to be devastating when combined with a hostile region. I was successful at a half dozen of those mission.

I will admit that I may have gotten carried away with trying to eliminate the Troll. He just wouldn’t quit no matter how bad it got. Well, not until many turns after another mortal would have anyway. I assassinated his king on turn 17. After that I assassinated seven more Troll Regents, two L& agents, a Baron, Ambassador, Duke (with my army), and three Envoys. I am pretty sure that he spent a lot of resources hiring Envoys to act as heirs.

Starting on turn 13 I focused my efforts on destroying the Troll’s military might by cutting off its head. I ended up killing all his wizards included a P-4 I believe held his hopes of dispelling my Domes long enough for him to get through to my city. I also killed just four leaders early on and three more when I destroyed a small army with some P-7 Earthquakes.

For the longest time I cast Storm at Sea, trapping the Troll army and reinforcements in their water based capital. I finally got bored with that thinking he’d just quit or not even realize that I had stopped. Wouldn’t you know that he headed straight for the beach as soon as they weather cleared? He didn’t get much done, but he certainly tried.

Second Age: The Dragon Wars

Now, I never planned to conquer Arcania. Nor did I really plan to capture the Throne of Alamaze, not until destiny handed it to me. I would have been perfectly content with merely handling all the gold while the Ranger or some other foolish long-leg handled all the headaches of rule. However, I did feel that the Gnomes deserved a certain amount of consideration. To that end, I claimed everything the Trolls had won along with a very nice town in northern Arcania named ‘David’. I felt that David was ideally situated and since it belonged to the lowly Black Dragon, I didn’t see any reason why I shouldn’t claim it.

The Red Dragon sent an army to take David from the Black Dragon, but discovered Gnomish flags over the gates. If he had simply flown away, there never would have been a war for Arcania. Just in case, I sent a few of my trusted nobles to visit Red Dragon holdings. Also as insurance, I had one of my mages throw a dome over David.

Wouldn’t you know it? The foul worm tried to attack the ancient Gnomish stronghold after all! Never mind that he was thwarted by Gnomish prudence, the time had come to give the Red Dragon a bit of the same medicine the Troll had tasted!

I flooded Arcania with my wizards and nobles. The wizards kept the Red from attacking the pcs claimed by the nobles, but the Worm soon realized that he could simply squawk threats at the townsfolk and they would often just surrender. That stopped when I gained control of the region.

My agents had not been idle; they assassinated two Barons, a King, and a Regent. Combined with my wizardly might, this was enough to cause the cowardly winged-lizards to concede the contest, abandon their holdings (including the region of the Southern Sands!) over to Human administrators, and flee for whatever pit spawned them in the first place.

It was about then that I realized that there was no reason to let the long-legs rule Alamaze and set the tax rates themselves. Why, I already controlled 20% of the lands and there was the Southern Sands ripe for the taking! Certainly, there was some feeble Black Dragon presence, but I was certain that there wouldn’t be enough of them left to stand up to me. Besides, I was pretty sure whatever remnants they boasted were fighting in the north. Just in case, I did murder a P3 and P1 that happened to camp near one of my armies; you can never be too sure!

The conquest of the Southern Sands was very simple for my horde of nobles and powerful mages. The Black Dragon did put up a struggle, but there never was any real hope. They could keep their stronghold of Vanasheen (which had very high walls), but the rest was mine. I did find a lonely L13 who looked ready to be annoying and quietly laid him to rest.

Third Age: Claiming the Imperial Crown

With three regions firmly in my grasp, there was nothing to stop me except for the little matter of the mighty Ranger ruling my next target, Sysnisvania. I was certain that he would put up a real fight, so I went there with everything. Nearly every pc outside of Jukanta saw my nobles and I had three groups of wizards prepared to eradicate everything that did not accept me as ruler. Within three turns the region and the throne of Alamaze was mine. The Ranger never even seemed to realize that he was under attack; he certainly didn’t react to my movements until the very end.

The Ancient Ones and I were very hostile, but never really did any damage to one another. A village here and there, but that was about it.

I ended the game with three P-8s and six P-7s, plus two L-15s.

It was good to see newer players like Lord Alz and Stromguard stick the game out till the end.

Congrats Drogo on finishing with so many status points! Had this been a Lion’s Share game, you would have cleaned our clocks. I was very afraid that you would land in Arcania and stop my Rex claim. That’s why I denigrated you and declared you enemy.

Iron Willed: The Troll, Cloud.
Absolutely AWESOME!!! Hip-Hip-Hora ah!

I would love to hear some more takes on this one. We have heard from a few of the contenders at games end, however, I would like to hear from some of the individuals who were eliminated early on to hear their side of this story. In particular I am curious about Red Dragon, Elves, Giants. Warlock and Dark Elves were eliminated quite early in this contest, so I would also like to hear how they were so quickly eliminated.

(RA)

I'm not good at recaps (I can never remember much from the early game).

SO and I made a pretty useful NAP, best one I've had in an Anon game, after splitting R9 we both migrated to R6 and that's what happened to the DA...

I had about 15 artifacts, strong wizards, a ton of emissaries and gold and a sizeable army (until the last two turns thanks to the WI) but I played for the Rex and allowed the cagey GN to sneak in the back door (literally in R9) and win the day. Kudos to LD for sure and all the other combatants! AN was a pain in R5 but I imagine things were even more frustrating for him because I had both staffs and was using them against him every turn. WI's meat is bloody tough!
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(10-28-2015, 08:58 PM)Drogo Wrote: (RA)

I'm not good at recaps (I can never remember much from the early game).

SO and I made a pretty useful NAP, best one I've had in an Anon game, after splitting R9 we both migrated to R6 and that's what happened to the DA...

I had about 15 artifacts, strong wizards, a ton of emissaries and gold and a sizeable army (until the last two turns thanks to the WI) but I played for the Rex and allowed the cagey GN to sneak in the back door (literally in R9) and win the day.  Kudos to LD for sure and all the other combatants!  AN was a pain in R5 but I imagine things were even more frustrating for him because I had both staffs and was using them against him every turn.  WI's meat is bloody tough!

AN
Actually, the Staffs didn't hurt much since I had 4 Counsels, but you just had too many emissaries and troops Smile. I had a diminished supply by the time I secured the region from the Giant so you came in at a good time. As for recaps, I generally skim through my turns starting with Turn 1 and then I write my recap. No memory required.