Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 41
End of Game Details attached.

Attached Files
.pdf   End of Game Details - Game 41 - 01022016.pdf (Size: 238.32 KB / Downloads: 9)
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Interesting. Suprise suprise Morgan Kane with another Warlords win.

Curious imperial tark did your kingdom actually get fully eliminated and you still stayed in fighting until turn 18 with just one kingdom? Nice Job Man!

(01-05-2016, 04:15 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Interesting.  Suprise suprise Morgan Kane with another Warlords win.  

Curious imperial tark did your kingdom actually get fully eliminated and you still stayed in fighting until turn 18 with just one kingdom?   Nice Job Man!

I played as the DE-BL-SO triad. But some quick background, we had set up a prior Warlords (Game 39) and I had the same three kingdoms. I went for an "all in" strategy by going after Esteria Vale, Zarathon, and Vanasheen, with double emmys and had all 3 on Turn 2. I also successfully was blocking the DW at Hammerhold, and was in position to take Gundibar and Jukanta on Turn 3. My DE was the ONLY kingdom to take regional control on T3 (with R8). I had found the free Enigma Wizard with the DE, got them on the HC, and the SO had acquired the Axe of Farin (all by the end of T3) I was rocking! And then we had to restart the game because one of the players quit and dropped all positions.

So Game 41 was re-cast and I opted to play the same 3 again (and got them again). I went for the same "all in" strategy but Morgan Kane was ready for me.... he had emmys at all those same cities with Wards and I lost most of my emmys. I never recovered. My 2SO also got caught in the open by the DA and annihilated. So I got to watch my dynasty systematically reduced to rubble. The BL stayed viable for a long time and I barely managed to keep them alive till game's end. Almost kept the DE alive too but my attempt to set-up a Sanctuary was a turn late. It was a good lesson in how every game is different and that one must adapt strategy; I will be a bit more prudent in the next one.

(01-05-2016, 05:13 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 04:15 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Interesting.  Suprise suprise Morgan Kane with another Warlords win.  

Curious imperial tark did your kingdom actually get fully eliminated and you still stayed in fighting until turn 18 with just one kingdom?   Nice Job Man!

I played as the DE-BL-SO triad.  But some quick background, we had set up a prior Warlords (Game 39) and I had the same three kingdoms.  I went for an "all in" strategy by going after Esteria Vale, Zarathon, and Vanasheen, with double emmys and had all 3 on Turn 2.  I also successfully was blocking the DW at Hammerhold, and was in position to take Gundibar and Jukanta on Turn 3.  My DE was the ONLY kingdom to take regional control on T3 (with R8).  I had found the free Enigma Wizard with the DE, got them on the HC, and the SO had acquired the Axe of Farin (all by the end of T3)  I was rocking!  And then we had to restart the game because one of the players quit and dropped all positions.

So Game 41 was re-cast and I opted to play the same 3 again (and got them again).  I went for the same "all in" strategy but Morgan Kane was ready for me.... he had emmys at all those same cities with Wards and I lost most of my emmys.  I never recovered.  My 2SO also got caught in the open by the DA and annihilated.  So I got to watch my dynasty systematically reduced to rubble.  The BL stayed viable for a long time and I barely managed to keep them alive till game's end.  Almost kept the DE alive too but my attempt to set-up a Sanctuary was a turn late.  It was a good lesson in how every game is different and that one must adapt strategy; I will be a bit more prudent in the next one.
You definitely deserve an iron-willed award for the game, Tark!!! BL/DE/SO is a tough, tough combo to play since DE/SO are support kingdoms and only shine in the late game; the BL will be stretched trying to protect them against the inevitable attack by either RD or GI (or the TR on a rare occasion). 

For the record, I honestly can't remember my three kingdoms from game 39 (anyone?)

[/quote]
You definitely deserve an iron-willed award for the game, Tark!!! BL/DE/SO is a tough, tough combo to play since DE/SO are support kingdoms and only shine in the late game; the BL will be stretched trying to protect them against the inevitable attack by either RD or GI (or the TR on a rare occasion). 

For the record, I honestly can't remember my three kingdoms from game 39 (anyone?)
[/quote]

The dropped player had the GN-RD-WA.... leaving AN, DW, EL, GI, TR, and WI for the other 6 but I don't know who had what (game ended too early to get a sense).