Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Championship game
End of game details attached.

Just FYI, but we still need to assign the championship honorifics. We didn't realize that this was the Championship game when we ran the report.

Attached Files
.pdf   End of Game Details - Game 303 - 03122016.pdf (Size: 244.71 KB / Downloads: 10)
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I did not realize there were champion games for the game leaders. Congratulations to VBM on his win against other veterans, and on regaining the title of Grand Champion for most wins.
Very interesting write-ups. It seems only JF was in position, or prioritized, trying to stop the win.

DW

Since I obtained the DW position out of default (I had never even played the DW before), I was just hoping not to embarrass myself in Valley of the Gods!  I had HH as the WI and JF as the GI with Lord Alz as the RD. The DW were quite stout in the initial set-up; potent in many ways but two big problems for the end game, low magic potential and a slow moving military (with no real teleport ability).

Being an Anon game with all 15 kingdoms in play, my first real issue was the split R3 region with the RD.  I went for the city and declared the RD as an ally on T1. Thankfully, Lord Alz was extremely gracious and vacated the region declaring me an ally on T2.  I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief as I kept finding Neutral PCs and took my region in a fair amount of time (considering how slow these DWs are). I was hoping to just sit in my mountains for quite awhile before moving on someone.  While I REALLY wanted to take back those 3 PCs the RD held in R3, I didn't want to annoy him but it kept me from hitting the 100k food and 150k gold bonuses.

Got my Axe (but lost a my Marshall taking it... I would lose 3 Marshals taking artifacts during the game even though I came loaded!) and checked to see where the Portal came out in R7.  Turns out there were artifacts all over the place so I just became an artifact hunter (my lone 4th level Wizard was a teleporting patrol fool!).  Picked up the WI as an ally since I had no interest in picking a fight there.  Also gambled on gaining the UN as an ally when his "winter" months kicked in and I sent him food 3 turns in a row and allied with him.  Thankfully LT reciprocated during my winter with an alliance and food.  He had parked a patrol in R3 and it just sat there... making me really nervous, turn after turn; but it finally left.

Got the Crystal of Seeing earlier which is an awesome artifact.  Lots of recons later, I realized that R6 had become a quagmire between RD, SO, and DA (the latter two with water capitals).  This created a huge problem.  I had a big military, nobody was messing with me, and I had 6 artifacts (including the Ring of Power...score a 5th level DW wizard!, Staff of the Great Orator, Armor of Anon, and the Troll Slayer sword). But I had no where to go!!!!  I thought about going into R5 with my advantage against the GI, but once I cleared the mountains in the P column, I'd be getting a long way from home.  I also thought about going into Synisvania but again, far away from home and putting 3 kingdoms between R3 and my groups.  And of course I had allied with the UN so using the portal to go to R7 was out (plus he'd just kill me!). So I just built up and waited for an opening.... which never came.

Than all of a sudden the Elf of all people suddenly dropped emmys into R3.  4 the first time, and then 2 more the next turn.  But he didn't send any groups and apparently didn't scout his locations as I caught two of his emmys right off the bat with #310 orders (getting a Skeleton and booting him from the HC).  I was using my groups to try and trap his emmys and then take the PC.  His effort was not overly effective, had the game played out, I would have had them all caught or sent back to his capital.  On the last turn, my King was assassinated.  I suspect the Elf but the DA had started to get hostile by taking my 2 PCs in R6 so may have been him.  But who knows?! Maybe one of them will fess up  Huh  Smile

I knew the BL was getting close to a SV when he hit 3 regions but my slow military was not going to find him in time. My mighty military never engaged in a single battle!  Still managed a respectable 5th place which was far better than my expectation of being the first to get squashed in the field of 15.