Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warlords 45 - LT wins
Thanks for a great game all.

I was fortunate to win with GN, TR, and WI.

Am eager to begin The Choosing Warlords!

JF has promised me a Warlords beat down. Tongue
Lord Thanatos

Congratulations to our reigning Warlords Champion on yet another victory.  This one with two kingdoms no longer in 3rd Cycle, and all three playing completely differently.

Congratulations LT. I wish I could have given you more of challenge at the end.

I see Runigruth as a third player. Was there a 4th player that dropped around turn 13?
The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze

(04-25-2016, 02:05 PM)Frost Lord Wrote: I see Runigruth as a third player.  Was there a 4th player that dropped around turn 13?

Whoever that player was he played EL, AN, and GI.

The AN lost Torvale to TR early and was without any economic base whatsoever.

The EL then lost Oakendale to a coordinated assault from all three of my kingdoms; this left him with only GI to fend off my entire three kingdoms (with production from 4 regions to my opponent's single region of production.)

The problem for GI was that by that time I had enough Domes to prevent him from taking anything from me militarily.  Then when I invaded Amberland the death blow was struck.

While all of this transpired the DA, RA, and RD team was slugging it out with BL, DE, and SO.  The SO never controlled his region and the RD was able to take control of both TM and SS.  While the DE fought courageously, that kingdom alone was not going to be able to defeat the DA, RA, and RD.  The DE player dropped when he controlled only Arcania.

Then my GN, TR, and WI team faced off against Jhereg's DA, RA, and RD team.  If these teams had faced off beginning on turn one Jhereg is likely to have been able to win (as he did against BL, DE, and SO) primarily because the magic kingdoms need time and breathing space.  Yet, by the time Jhereg and I clashed the difference was clearly my seven P7s and P8s.

Very enjoyable contest.

What I find intriguing about The Choosing Warlord prospects:

1) No shared regions (there are two dispersed kingdoms, though);
2) 5 kingdoms are magic supremacy and 2 are magic mastery - every team will have plenty of magical strength;
3) The magic kingdoms are actually the fast starters in The Choosing and then more limited in the late game compared to their strength in 2nd Cycle;
4) The military kingdoms should have greater strength at the end of the contest (compared to 2nd Cycle) due to having 5 and sometimes 6 groups available;
5) While political strength continues to be the true Might and Power in Alamaze (take note newer players) the degree of power is ever so slightly diminished due to 8 hex ranges instead of 10.

All of the above is only my initial impressions and could turn out to be wildly wrong about The Choosing.  Only time will tell as the better single Alamaze players begin to refine their strategies.  Which is why I am so eager to start Warlords contests while the kingdom interactions/synergies are still unknown.  This leaves so many different tactics and strategic plans for Warlords players to attempt that the contests will truly be surprising . . .

Anyhow, great contest in Warlords 45!
Lord Thanatos

End of game details attached.

Attached Files
.pdf   End of Game Details - Game 45 - 04252016.pdf (Size: 236.95 KB / Downloads: 7)
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.