Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DUEL! Challenge Arena
Rick the Wizened One suggested that I sign up for a Duel game, before putting my head into the guillotine of a 12-player game.

So, here I am, signing up, yet knowing nothing.

How long between turns are duel games?

Rick suggested that I take a kingdom like the High Elves, a balanced kingdom to get at least exposure to the various aspects of play. So, while my personal preferences lie elsewhere, for this one time in human history, I am going to just follow his advice unchallenged.

I believe all of the dual games are ready button... so as soon as you hit submit or about 3.5 days if you prefer that solution.

I will play against you and take the lizard man. I think they are balanced but having never played them I cannot say for sure but it seems like an equal kingdom level.

Let me know if you want evaluations on what you did or what I think you should have done differently. Also should you have questions on rules or how things work feel free to email me. somethingissilly@yahoo.com

At the end of the contest I am willing to share turns... i find it helps to see what someone else would do.

If you have specific questions on your turns I suggest you reach out to JumpingFist, Imperial Tark, VBMike... heck really anyone in the championship game should be able to help.

Atuan

(02-03-2017, 10:25 PM)Atuan Wrote: I believe all of the dual games are ready button... so as soon as you hit submit or about 3.5 days if you prefer that solution.

I will play against you and take the lizard man.  I think they are balanced but having never played them I cannot say for sure but it seems like an equal kingdom level.

Let me know if you want evaluations on what you did or what I think you should have done differently.  Also should you have questions on rules or how things work feel free to email me.  somethingissilly@yahoo.com

At the end of the contest I am willing to share turns... i find it helps to see what someone else would do.

If you have specific questions on your turns I suggest you reach out to JumpingFist, Imperial Tark, VBMike... heck really anyone in the championship game should be able to help.  

Atuan

Evaluations would be good. I am flying blind, here. I had initially thought of trying the lizards, but I'm gonna stick with Rick's suggestion.

Perfect I will send it to support for set up.

This game has been created:

Maximus Elves vs. Atuan's Lizards

(02-04-2017, 01:30 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: This game has been created:

Yes, and very promptly created, I might add.

I have also e-mailed to to you, Rick, a list of first impressions and feedback.

NOTE TO ATUAN: In playing around with the interface of the Alamaze Online Order System, I clicked on the Ready button. Apparently, it cannot be unclicked. No orders have actually been issued, yet. If you click on the Ready button, the turn will process, but my kingdom will just sit there like a knot on a log. Just a heads up to you, in case you visit this forum, again, BEFORE you click the Ready button for your turn.

NOTE TO ANYONE ELSE: Is there no map in the interface? Am I just overlooking it?

No there is no map. Should be one so dont have to constantly toggle tabs on browser. Can we not enable ALL games now with the ready button and provide a click to disable it for changes/modifications?

(02-04-2017, 03:11 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 01:30 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: This game has been created:

Yes, and very promptly created, I might add.

I have also e-mailed to to you, Rick, a list of first impressions and feedback.

NOTE TO ATUAN: In playing around with the interface of the Alamaze Online Order System, I clicked on the Ready button. Apparently, it cannot be unclicked. No orders have actually been issued, yet. If you click on the Ready button, the turn will process, but my kingdom will just sit there like a knot on a log. Just a heads up to you, in case you visit this forum, again, BEFORE you click the Ready button for your turn.

NOTE TO ANYONE ELSE: Is there no map in the interface? Am I just overlooking it?

Maps and other useful stuff.   Also can be found on the log-in gui

http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/showt...?tid=10513

Which map is the Duel map on the GUI/interface of the Alamaze Online Order System?

Also, since I don't use PowerPoint, is there another version of the map?

If I am playing Duel, then why isn't there a Duel map?

(02-04-2017, 04:45 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: Which map is the Duel map on the GUI/interface of the Alamaze Online Order System?

Also, since I don't use PowerPoint, is there another version of the map?

If I am playing Duel, then why isn't there a Duel map?

Here is a non-ppt one

http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/showt...?tid=10531