Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Siege Weirdness
Okay, something's not right, here. Twice in the last couple of days, I've had situations where I was sieging a pop center at sea and the defender showed up with a small group - I attacked them with my much larger fleet and drove them off but it did not let the siege continue because they 'did not retreat'. This cannot be the correct result. Has anybody else had this problem because this needs to be fixed at once.

that doesn't seem right to me either. If you won the battle, you drove them off.

Had that same thing happen in another game. Wrote in. Was told that is how that works. So ships defending a water square seems the rule. The group did not retreat.

That is totally ridiculous if that's the case. Were it not a team game, I would quit in protest.

Have you emailed Support?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Are the rules different in 3rd edition, for I thought you could not attack and siege on the same turn since they are both considered an attack.  It seemed to me that a siege force has to break siege to attack an enemy or keep the siege up and hope the new force could not beat you and break your siege.

You can attack multiple groups and then siege or hit the town so long as you chased away all enemy groups.

I have emailed support.

You can attack a group(s) and siege in the same turn. You can not attack a PC and siege in the same turn

(10-04-2016, 07:56 PM)DuPont Wrote: That is totally ridiculous if that's the case. Were it not a team game, I would quit in protest.

You never quit. I had same issue and same reaction you did. Then I moved on ?.