Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about special attacks
While reviewing the kingdom profiles to make a selection for a new game I noticed that many of the military kingdoms have special attacks.  Some of these attacks have conditions, a certain level leader or brigade type must be present or the battle must be in a certain terrain type.

I believe I understand that the attack will revert to a standard attack (Tactic 2) if the conditions for the attack are not met at the time of declaration, ie a summon death spell has take out the requisite brigade type, or a requisite leader type goes missing due to kill leader spell.

How would this affect a special attack on the opposing side.  For example, kingdom A and kingdom B are opposed to each other in a battle. Kingdom A uses a special attack that requires a minimum level leader but the leader is stunned so the attack reverts to a standard attack.  Kingdom B uses a special attack that only works if Kingdom A attacks on a tactic 2 or lower.  Which tactic is used for this comparison, the original tactic submitted by Kingdom A or the default tactic 2?

Thanks,

The default tactic 2 should be the result even though they attempted a different attack. So Kingdom B should have the advantage as they are able to use their special attack but kingdom A is not.

Agreed that makes the most sense. But does the program look at entered order or what really happened?

Its my experience from other orders. IE Wizard transfers with Rings etc that it looks at what really happened and adjusts from there rather than what the orders were. Note I dont have experience in this specific instance.