Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Choosing Potential Changes for Jan 1
If possible it would be nice to add a Name Change order (for free, like transfers) that allows you to change the name of any/all of your current characters on T1 (and just on T1) so long as the first two letters stay the same. So for example if my King is named PALADIN, I could rename him PALAMINO. My L4 named ODIN is renamed ODD DUCK and so on.

I think I will have the January changes to Mike, get any feedback as to what creates problems from him, hopefully by Jan 1, and if so, have the changes implemented by Jan 31.  I'll publish them when we are agreed on what can be done as adjustments to The Choosing vs. what should wait for Maelstrom.

(12-30-2016, 04:36 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: I think I will have the January changes to Mike, get any feedback as to what creates problems from him, hopefully by Jan 1, and if so, have the changes implemented by Jan 31.  I'll publish them when we are agreed on what can be done as adjustments to The Choosing vs. what should wait for Maelstrom.

I've just sent the revisions to Mike and will likely post the ones relevant to players either later tonight or tomorrow.  Looking for implementation Jan 31.

Just trowing it out there for the Ancient ones.  Since they are not starting in region 4 but now region 10, can we get the starting Westmen brigades replaced with either Huns or Zamorans?  Not really a game changing move but probably an overlooked issue since no one really plays the Ancient ones.

I apologize for going a bit off the rails with this unsolicited suggestion but I had an idea. It seems that the DW and HA need a bit more sexy to attract players. What if each of those kingdoms were able to issue a special Ambush order such that when any ground force moved over their ambushing group it would be forced to halt movement and confront the ambushing group next turn. So the ambush would trigger the enemy group to stop but would also reveal itself. DW could get this in the mountains and HA could maybe get this in both the mountains and forests. IDK, just a thought that came to me.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(01-09-2017, 11:57 PM)Drogo Wrote: I apologize for going a bit off the rails with this unsolicited suggestion but I had an idea.  It seems that the DW and HA need a bit more sexy to attract players.  What if each of those kingdoms were able to issue a special Ambush order such that when any ground force moved over their ambushing group it would be forced to halt movement and confront the ambushing group next turn.  So the ambush would trigger the enemy group to stop but would also reveal itself.  DW could get this in the mountains and HA could maybe get this in both the mountains and forests.  IDK, just a thought that came to me.

Alternatively what if you could ambush with army sized groups of DW or HA because they can conceal themselves?