Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest Game Changes
(02-02-2017, 09:17 PM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: Has the formula been changed for Denigrate? I have an opponent with a standing order ( or so it appears) to denigrate me, 4x in a row, and the first time i try it  it fails. I also have one leader who refuses to advance in rank. 2 special encounters and 3 battles later only went up one rank. Also i agree with Hawk, i dont like hidden PC's that you cant interact with once found.

#475 DENIGRATE A KINGDOM BEFORE A REGION'S POPULATION -
This is a sole action for a king. This order is similar to Order #470, in that it affects a regional reaction level. However, the issuing king in this case seeks through an extensive propaganda campaign to convince a region's population of the evil associated with the truly despicable ways of a particular kingdom. If successful, the targeted kingdom will suffer a worsening of one level in the regional reaction in that particular region. The base chance of success is 50%. This is modified by the ratio of the issuing king's influence to the target king's influence. Next, the % chance is modified by the relative influence of the two kings in the region. Finally, there is a 20% positive modification if the issuing king has a regional reaction of "friendly", a 10% negative modification if "suspicious" and 20% negative if "hostile". The resulting number will be modified if need be to a minimum chance of 10% and a maximum of 90%. Here are two examples:
A) The issuing king, the Halfling, has an influence level of 10 and wishes to denigrate the Westmen king, who has an influence of 15 in Torvale. The Westmen, who are in control of Torvale, control P.C.'s with 75% of the region's population. The Halflings control 15% of the population in the region, and are viewed with suspicion there. The Halfling's chance of success in denigrating the Westmen in Torvale is 50% * 10/15 *.15/.75 -.1 = -.03, so is modified to the minimum 10% chance.
B) The Sorcerer wishes to denigrate the Warlock in Amberland. The Sorcerer has an influence of 14, controls 30% of the region, and has a tolerant reaction there. The Warlock has an influence of 12, and controls 25% of the region. The Sorcerer is facing: 50% * 14/12 * .3/.25 + 0 = 70% chance of success.
Column A - First two letters of your king's name
Column B - Target region #
Column C - First two letters of the kingdom name you wish to denigrate
Resource Cost - 10,000 Gold.

If he has a higher influence than you or controls the region it will be difficult to denigrate him.

Thanks Hawk. I know i read this but the unknowns of my opponent make it difficult to formulate.

Instead of a 50% chance of death, what if it was more of a random number, but one that could go as high as 50% in some instances, but not in all instances. A range of possibilities, but no absolutely certainty. Just a thought while passing through.