Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lothe, Despise, HATE this new rule change!!!
Is there a single person playing the game who thinks this is a good rule?

OK, I'm tired of this.  The fix was put in place to protect less experienced players from the practice of several to many experienced players exploiting the intent of the game by using emissaries to scout unexplored areas to find PC's.  If they didn't find one they just return home, if they did, bingo!  Even with a double cost for not relocating to a PC and being ordered into the wilderness, several players said they would continue doing it.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not wasting any more energy on this topic.  Don't need the noise.  Newer players, beware.  Or just do the exploit yourself.

I'm asking Mike to eliminate all the penalties associated with ordering an emissary into the wilderness.

Thanks. I really appreciate you doing this. I admit I don't like the exploit and never used it myself, but the cure was worse than the disease.

This has never happened to me. The only people this negatively impacts are those who exploit this to nullify the hidden PC trait which is there for a reason. Sad why anyone would whine so much about something they are directly responsible for. To move 2 high ranking emms to unknown spots is ridiculous and you deserve what you get. Even more simple mindedly, just keep $10k at home . If you are exploiting this, what other rules are you exploiting?

Thunderbolt, I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake.  It is one of those orders that the order checker can't know you didn't mean those two letters on a relocation.

Mike and I once again discussed this just today.  So we're going to eliminate the penalties for sending into the wilderness (still counts as the sole order and gold consumed), but any attempt to relocate to a hidden pc prior to turn 6 will return a report as if it was wilderness (except for controlling kingdom).  Yes, a hidden PC could be discovered legitimately prior to turn 6, but in that case if you want to move on it, you'll have to do so militarily. Mike will post when in place, meanwhile, just double check your entry for relocations.

No it happens to people who move to the wrong square. I probably lose one emissary a game due to it. Should I be more careful, certainly but holy cow the penalty was steep.

I did it last game. Must have marked the wrong location on my map. At least I had a ton of gold in the treasury.

With PCs being fully random again there is also less incentive to try and move emmies on turn 1 to find PCs.

Thx DuPont for bringing this up again. My solution was to just play less games.

(06-29-2017, 11:28 PM)JonDoe Wrote: With PCs being fully random again there is also less incentive to try and move emmies on turn 1 to find PCs.

Thx DuPont for bringing this up again.  My solution was to just play less games.

I just sent an emmey to a wrong square in a turn that ran today.  I sure was glad to see he was not killed.  I'm working from a map I marked up and my printer is not showing the letter code that well so it was easy to make an error.

(06-29-2017, 10:35 PM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: This has never happened to me. The only people this negatively impacts are those who exploit this to nullify the hidden PC trait which is there for a reason. Sad why anyone would whine so much about something they are directly responsible for. To move 2 high ranking emms to unknown spots is ridiculous and you deserve what you get. Even more simple mindedly, just keep $10k at home . If you are exploiting this, what other rules are you exploiting?

All I was doing was moving a Prov. Gov. to a village I found the turn before but I mixed up the row and put 'W' instead of 'X'. And he got eaten by cannibals and I dropped 0.3 influence. I wasn't trying to find a hidden PC or anything, it was just a simple mistake. Anyway, I am glad this rule has gone away and appreciate Rick listening to his customers feedback.