Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones?
Took some time off from Alamaze to watch the last two episodes of Game of Thrones tonight in anticipation of the new season starting Sunday night.  Two of the best episodes in the six seasons.  Nothing like a cavalry charge or green fire. 

Did anyone pick up on Jon Snow's heritage in the scene with Bran's vision with young Ned Stark?   It was intended to be somewhat mysterious and nearly inaudible in parts, but as it flashes forward, you can see the baby is Jon Snow.  The mother, dying from child birth is Ned's sister Lyanna who was suppose to marry Robert Baratheon, but was abducted or ran off with Rhaegar Targaryen.  A previous scene with the fight with the Sword of the Morning who was left at the castle by Rhaegar to protect Ned's sister, pretty much from Ned taking her back to Robert.  Robert killed Rhaegar in battle in his usurpation.  

Anyway, yes, it gets confusing.  But Jon Snow is actually the son of the Targaryen (they of the Iron Throne) Rhaegar, Dany's elder brother and known as The Last Dragon and the Stark Lyanna.  Which if Jon or others discover this, puts Jon's claim ahead of Dany's for rule of the Seven Kingdoms.  

So you might think Jon will ally with Dany, but of course Little Finger might have other plans for Jon.  He didn't seem pleased with the advent of the new King in the North and will probably learn of the heritage before Jon does and need to take swift action to preserve his own ambitions.

So the favorites to win The Game of Thrones are Dany and Jon, with some dark horses like Tyrion and Little Finger, and even if Robert's bastard Gendry returns this season, don't count him completely out.   Knowing how George Martin never does the expected, but HBO is running the show (literally) and they on the other hand know their audience loves Jon and Dany, it is really close to impossible to predict.  He could torment us and still have Cerci on the throne (notice the new look of her Queen's Guard?) at the end of this season.

Any other speculation?

I just watched season 1, watch the scene where Jon Snow is talking to his uncle Aemon Targaryen at the wall. If you listen carefully, the old Targaryen knows who Snow really is.

R+L=J was the popular fan theory for years.

As for who wins the throne at the end?   The one true King of the North:The Night's King.
This is George RR Martin... why would we assume ANYONE lives at the end?

OK... I don't fully believe that but I think it's possible.

My guess for King is actually Tyrion who I believe is also a Targaryen.  My belief is that The Mad King raped his mother which is why Tywin repeatedly says that Tyrion is "No Lannister".  There is also a belief that each dragon will have a rider and each rider will be a Targaryen.

Also... don't rule out the possibility that the books and TV show end with different Kings (or Queens).
One way for Martin to keep interest in his books is to make the next one diverge substantially from the TV show.  He has already hinted about the butterfly effect regarding changes the show made.

(07-17-2017, 03:30 AM)Calidor Wrote: R+L=J was the popular fan theory for years.

As for who wins the throne at the end?   The one true King of the North:The Night's King.
This is George RR Martin... why would we assume ANYONE lives at the end?

OK... I don't fully believe that but I think it's possible.

My guess for King is actually Tyrion who I believe is also a Targaryen.  My belief is that The Mad King raped his mother which is why Tywin repeatedly says that Tyrion is "No Lannister".  There is also a belief that each dragon will have a rider and each rider will be a Targaryen.

Also... don't rule out the possibility that the books and TV show end with different Kings (or Queens).
One way for Martin to keep interest in his books is to make the next one diverge substantially from the TV show.  He has already hinted about the butterfly effect regarding changes the show made.

Interesting stuff, Calidor. 

Episode 1 of Season 7.   Seems like there are plans for the Hound and the Brotherhood.  Dragonstone seems the place to be with Dany and her fleet and her intact castle there and Jon about to find out thereabouts is where the dragon glass is. Things look like they might move along quickly.  The Spider down with both Dorne and the Tully's, whose army I think is still intact to draw to Dany.  Lannisters seem in big trouble, but the interesting thing is those 1000 Crown Island (I mean Iron Island) ships and the invaluable prize they can deliver, like destroying The Dragon Queen's fleet.

All the girls from Dany to Aryia have turned quite dark.  Not the little darlings.  We will miss the Frey's, right?  No?

Something between Jon and Sansa / Littlefinger seems imminent.

Winter is definatly here

(07-17-2017, 04:24 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Interesting stuff, Calidor. 

Episode 1 of Season 7.   Seems like there are plans for the Hound and the Brotherhood.  Dragonstone seems the place to be with Dany and her fleet and her intact castle there and Jon about to find out thereabouts is where the dragon glass is. Things look like they might move along quickly.  The Spider down with both Dorne and the Tully's, whose army I think is still intact to draw to Dany.  Lannisters seem in big trouble, but the interesting thing is those 1000 Crown Island (I mean Iron Island) ships and the invaluable prize they can deliver, like destroying The Dragon Queen's fleet.

All the girls from Dany to Aryia have turned quite dark.  Not the little darlings.  We will miss the Frey's, right?  No?

Something between Jon and Sansa / Littlefinger seems imminent.

Remember that the series is actually A Song Of Ice And Fire. Game of Thrones is just the name of the first book. The ultimate struggle is between the lord of fire and the Winter so yes the Brotherhood has a key role. Pretty sure that the Hound's destiny is to fight his brother.

My guess with Sansa is that she lures in Littlefinger and eventually betrays him.

Well, there are fewer of the little darlings around now, especially for Dorne. 

Lots of good dialogue this week, and the beginning of the courtship of Jon Snow and Dany.

I think I hit it on the head about Huron of the Iron Islands.

I'm looking forward to seeing what part Brandon Stark plays. Ever since he first started controlling creatures I have always suspected that at some point he would end up controlling the Dragons as they fought the White Walkers. But Calidor's idea about Snow, Daenerys, and Tyrion riding the dragons into battle sounds pretty awesome.

Arya was on her way to kill Cersei and that would have ended that. But now she's heading to Winterfell where most of the Starks have returned to. I'll be disappointed if Arya doesn't end up killing Balish. I'm sure that's not the last we'll see of the last Dire Wolf.

Doesn't seem like Daenerys can do much now without her fleet or Westeros armies. Both of her would-be allies to take King's Landing are out of the picture. She might as well fly North and fight the Walkers with Jon. Bran will then spill the beans and tell Jon that he's a Targaryen which is going to come as a shock to just about everyone for sure. Unsullied, Dothraki, Wildlings, the Crows and the armies of the North will be equipped with Dragon glass for the battle - but how do they all get to Winterfell/The Wall?

After that much effort to fix up Jorah, he's got to have a part in what happens next.

There are only 4 more episodes this season and you know they'll leave much in doubt. Will the finale for season 7 be the battle against the white walkers? The pacing seems to be about right.

Anyone catch the part where Melisandre says she brought Ice and Fire together?

Also interesting that Euron did not turn over Yara to Cersi. I think there is still more to come with her and Theon.

Looking more and more like it's going to be Jamie who strangles Cersi to fulfill the prophecy.

No one has mentioned that Cersi has been working on a form of dragon bane.  That could prove very interesting in the future.