Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Merge Utility
OK, I have a powershell script that works to merge maps its a little clunky and has a few bugs but for me as a newbie its easier than trying to look at two maps.  I do not know how to upload it to the site, you can always email me at brekpbm@gmail.com if want it.  My buddy wrote the script after all my bitching Smile

What does it do? merge the maps from multiple kingdoms?

Currently does 2 maps at a time, you could if wanted do more just take a bit longer by adding the 3 and 4 to the final merged of the previous maps. Its not perfect, and havent used it beyond 2 maps. Simply put you select one map as the primary one as secondary and it overlays the second on the first using powershell. It does not care what your kingdoms that are being played.
# Right now this only processes two files. It does have small issues but once you have it setup for a game can switch the primary files around. If want shoot me maps to 2 old games and i will send you the example of what it looks like.

I'm old-school. I print out a map and keep it updated each turn. Separate spreadsheet for who owns what. I like paper and I don't care about trees.

My wife cares about trees and after about my 4th turn I was told in "that voice" I will be killing no more of them by printing stupid game stuff!! who does she think she is, does she not know I'm in charge needless to say no more printed maps Sad I did plan to do Kinko of the map so I could mark it up just havent gotten around to it, this work better for me.

(06-25-2019, 10:07 PM)Brekk Wrote: My wife cares about trees and after about my 4th turn I was told in "that voice" I will be killing no more of them by printing stupid game stuff!! who does she think she is, does she not know I'm in charge needless to say no more printed maps Sad  I did plan to do Kinko of the map so I could mark it up just havent gotten around to it, this work better for me.

A minimalist reply from Mr. Grady.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMtJo88NCM

You can delve deeper.

Nice!