Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Steel
Any bets Strylin takes Dwarves??

(12-17-2019, 11:49 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Just as an aside, we are looking on how to make game creation less forum-centric but still keep the community feel.

The game creator should flow similar to how we like to draft now.   In the past the draft system was actually more work for the players having to each submit a ranking of kingdoms to be randomly assigned one based on a random roll.   That does not effectively simulate how player prefer to draft.

My thoughts would be someone creates a game and would select draft style.  Similar to comunication.
Fully Random - all players sign-up and the computer assigns randomly kingdoms and regions.
Partially Random - all players sign-up a random order would be generated then players when there pick comes up (maybe notified by email) select either region or kingdom and wait until they snake around for other selection.
First Come- draft order would be selected by a player as they sign-up then once full the draft would start similar to how partial random.

There would need to be a limit on number/type of games available on creator at one time.   Also custom game should still be allowed using forum then submitting to support if needed.   My guess like comunication partial random would become most popular.   For community feel you could add a chat section to be used by those interested in the game or people could post on the forum the type of fame they would like.   This would be a good way if only RyVor creates new games.

This one has stalled at Windstar.  I sent him a p.m. yesterday.  Does anyone know him?

This is common for Windstar.

(12-18-2019, 12:12 AM)Brekk Wrote: Any bets Strylin takes Dwarves??

I haven't played them as many times as Brekk has played the AN. The Dwarves are at least a challenge how many times has the AN won and with how many different players?
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

(12-18-2019, 12:54 PM)RELLGAR Wrote: This is common for Windstar.

Should place a time limit on response

What say all that we open Windstar's position to anyone that wants to join the game?  That is the number 5 position in the draft and of course if Windstar should do his draft before anyone else jumps in and takes the position it's all good.  It looks like he is not following the forum.

(12-18-2019, 04:02 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: What say all that we open Windstar's position to anyone that wants to join the game?  That is the number 5 position in the draft and of course if Windstar should do his draft before anyone else jumps in and takes the position it's all good.  It looks like he is not following the forum.

While I hate to leave someone out, it isn’t fair to the 11 other players to drag this out.  I think your suggestion is fair and it might even prompt him to respond more quickly.
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................

Personally I would be OK to wait a bit.  If my analysis is correct, Windstar has not yet played a maelstrom game and I think I know him from the snail-mail days, he is a good guy.  We can use all the players we can get, I'd hate to alienate a new one to maelstrom.

(12-18-2019, 03:06 PM)Strylian Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 12:12 AM)Brekk Wrote: Any bets Strylin takes Dwarves??

I haven't played them as many times as Brekk has played the AN. The Dwarves are at least a challenge how many times has they AN won and with how many different players?

I take that as a yes?