Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Steel
Very likely.  However, pick any three of the most difficult to play kingdoms and they will stand over the corpse of any single kingdom.

(01-31-2020, 02:21 AM)Senior Tactician Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 01:07 AM)Draugr Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 12:26 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 11:04 PM)HabeusCorpus Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 09:55 PM)Senior Tactician Wrote: I suspect when you see them "holding for player" you'll know I was wiped out early Wink

I played them in a duel ... they suck (even though they were used to beat my opponent senseless) 

Senior Tactician is screwed.

What?  You beat your opponent senseless in a Duel but conclude they suck?  Nope, you have to play the Sacred Order to their strengths.  Get several High Priestess, keep them busy with all the things they can do, like Bless and Lesser Angel.  Have your fights in the plains.   Heal as standing order, build a forge and equip armor and weapons.
Trouble with fights in the plains many other military kingdoms can flank you.   SA like TY are military based kingdom that are weak vs other military kingdoms.  Both RA and AM have high magic and can flank and beat the SA pretty easily.   RD at similar magic eats them up.
I would guess the Rohirrim should prevent flanking (as they can be used to perform flanking, yes?). And while the SA magic is costly, which might cause others to deprioritize it, I will not be so easily dissuaded.  The only spell you really need... is dispel, (get it at 2)  I'm not dead yet Wink

No Rohirrim doesn’t save you against flank.  And magic sucks.

Ashgar pick soon been driving all day.

Sorry all, drove over 500 miles today. Home now.

I will take Zanthia.

Going to join the que now.

Ashgar.

FYI SA Sucks. In case I didn't mention it. How does a kingdom of Knights not have riders. They couldn't even stand up to the BL on even terms. I don't believe I will play them again. Just my two cents. Then again, I have not won a game yet so I might not be the best input, but I have played other kingdoms and done very well. The SA was very frustrating and disappointing.
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................

Zamora

(01-31-2020, 03:17 AM)Ashgar75 Wrote: Sorry all, drove over 500 miles today.  Home now.  

I will take Zanthia.  

Going to join the que now.

Ashgar.

FYI SA Sucks.  In case I didn't mention it.   How does a kingdom of Knights not have riders.  They couldn't even stand up to the BL on even terms.  I don't believe I will play them again.  Just my two cents.  Then again, I have not won a game yet so I might not be the best input, but I have played other kingdoms and done very well.  The SA was very frustrating and disappointing.

Your correct, give them riders and Paladins  as a companion brigade. They would finally  be played.

Ok, that leaves Mythgar and Sword Coast for Draugr and me.
I don't like my choices but I guess that is the penalty for picking kingdom early Smile.
All right, let's go with the completely dry region of Mythgar.
And I will go join right now so just need Draugr.

So what are the Diplomacy rules for this game. I don't recall us landing on exactly what they are.
Ashgar the Bloodthirsty. 

My blood, your blood, what difference does it make!  

Time will tell.................

(01-31-2020, 05:13 PM)Ashgar75 Wrote: So what are the Diplomacy rules for this game.  I don't recall us landing on exactly what they are.

Diplomacy, yes, now you're talking.  What exactly is the deal with that?