Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Game
Who wants to set up the draft?

How we sign up

So I'd propose these pairings:
1) Crown/Darkover
2) Krynn/Zanthia
3) Zamora/Sword
4) Mythgar/Untamed
5) Triumvia/Pellinor
6) Diamond/Nyvaria

An independent player will randomly choose slots for each of us. After the region pairings are done, in reverse order we will choose both of our kingdoms. So if you are chosen to go first, you will get first shot at regions, but you will be last for choosing kingdoms.

HI Windstar, I would propose a 4 round draft. Your method is easier but I would have paired the regions differently. Pairing Mythgar and the Untamed lands together means that player is rather relegated to 2 military kingdoms and gives them a financial handicap. Also, in a draft I would try to pair a Northern kingdom with a Southern kingdom, again for economic reasons.

Why don't we see what other players prefer?

(10-31-2022, 03:24 AM)Ebenezar Blackstaff McCoy Wrote: How we sign up

We will need to have an on-line draft to choose regions and kingdoms. Once that is determined we will put the game on the sign-up page.

(10-31-2022, 01:27 PM)gkmetty Wrote: HI Windstar, I would propose a 4 round draft. Your method is easier but I would have paired the regions differently. Pairing Mythgar and the Untamed lands together means that player is rather relegated to 2 military kingdoms and gives them a financial handicap. Also, in a draft I would try to pair a Northern kingdom with a Southern kingdom, again for economic reasons.

Why don't we see what other players prefer?
Actually, the southern pair of Mythgar and the Untamed Lands is perfect for a pair of wizard/martial grouping. You get an extra P2 wizard in Mythgar, and then you get the bonus of 1/2 off military recruitment in Untamed Lands--plus you get an adept. And it might be suited for a double martial kingdom group for those who are interested in that pursuit as well.

In addition, there is a good chance that in a 4-round draft that someone is going to get screwed and end up with 2 regions that are not adjacent to each other, which is a liability and a major bummer.,

BTW: In order to set up this game, I believe that either Rick or Uncle Mike needs to manually do it because of the logistics of it or some such.

What do the other players prefer?

Prefer setting kingdoms, no splits.