Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5635 Prime Steel 2
Game End Status Points

Place Kingdom Player Results-40 Grand Total

1 DK Lord Garth 79,240 111,787
2 FT Vball Michael 64,017 93,597
3 DU Runigruth 54,525 79,972
4 GI Canticar 48,370 79,262
5 AM Windstar 24,627 45,122
6 IL Strylian 17,523 33,624
7 RD Harry O 14,900 26,458
8 DW Zarashand 8,600 20,658
9 FO DuPont 4,800 13,075

It's a Deathknights Christmas Miracle!

Nicely played Lord Garth. Never actually ran into your kingdom, but watched with envy your achievements. Sadly, I had to survive an early invasion of Lycanthropy, eventually eliminated those scurvy dogs, only to have the Druid decide he should get the region of my hard labors. Oh well, such is the will of Fate. Was happy to just survive to the end.

Congratulations on your victory Lord Garth. My first game back I made some strategic errors early on. I was mainly just reacquainting myself with the game but I feel pretty good about the end.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

Bleah, this game was a drag. I started off well with the FO in Mythgar and managed to snag most of the keys. The RD invaded, but I was okay with that, we were fairly evenly matched and it looked like a good, fun war. But then the damn DA started to interfere. Rather than a 2 on 1, though, he eventually attacked both me and the RD. Thinking it was a logical proposal, I suggested to the RD that we both go back to our regions and turn against the DA. But he never responded and kept attacking me in a rather disjointed way. Eventually, other kingdoms fell on the DA and knocked him from the game but then the GI were rampaging through the area. RD never did anything other than try to come after me, even as he was hit from other sides. I wasn't about to quit to kept going on and hitting him back. Rather a futile game, though.
Congrats to Lord Garth for the win with the exception that he was playing the filthy DeathKnights and fuck those guys.

Christmas morning I had a win waiting for me in my In Box like it was siting under my tree. This was a fun game for me but props have to go out to Drogo and his DA who got 4 regions at one point and had to be taken down by multiple kingdoms, including my own, the FO, the RD the GI and who knows who else. I'd also like to tip the hat to Vball and his Free Traders. He came after me in the Endgame. it was the right move. Just too late.

I played the DK and let me just come right out and say: I love this kingdom. It's got good troops, good traits, good wizards and good agents. I know nobody cares about any of that. When it comes to the Deathknights all anyone cares about is the Plague. And I get that. It's sort of the DK's signature aspect. Like the DE has 3 princes or the RD has great troops. But the thing is, while playing this position I never once cared or payed attention to the Plague factor. It has so many better special abilities like Muster the Fallen or access to Hell Hounds and Pit Fiends (which are Awesome!). Even having 5 groups was more important to me that the Plague. Bottom line, the Plague didn't move the needle in this game one bit. And it probably won't in most games unless they wind up going against a RA or an AN or some kingdom that likely has to recruit from pops.

I know DuPont and some others feel very strongly about the DK. (This is nice talk for 'They really hate the DK') I know some people want to remove or nerf the Plague. Great. Fine by me. Maybe make it half strength. Or only with groups containing a Marshal or higher. Make it an order that has to be given instead of an automatic ability. Or hell, just make Plague a 1st level DK spell. I don't really care either way. But, yes, there is a good argument for making an adjustment. Just about every form of attack in this game can be countered. Targets of Sleep can be Warded. Targets of Agents can be guarded or counter espionaged. Regional effects can be dispelled. Even some military actions can be thwarted with a Dome which can in turn be dispelled. But there is no defense against the DK plague. So go ahead and change it if you like. This kingdom is good enough to win with or without the ability.

Well done Lord Garth.

I enjoyed my first game. I was expecting to make some mistakes and I did. With both order input in my first major battle with the AM which cost me dearly and with the development of my nation, which I will do differently next time. The AM attacked me and I thought I could probably handle them, the order input error messed up my major army, but I still thought that I could battle them to a standstill in Zanthia. When the GI decided they wanted some of the action I knew I would have to fight a guerrilla war. It suited me as it would give me the opportunity to learn and to try things. Although I did lose all my PC's I made it through to the end and a different points kept the GI and AM busy, with a few minor successes along the way.

(01-02-2023, 04:35 PM)Lord Garth Wrote: I played the DK and let me just come right out and say: I love this kingdom. It's got good troops, good traits, good wizards and good agents. I know nobody cares about any of that. When it comes to the Deathknights all anyone cares about is the Plague. And I get that. It's sort of the DK's signature aspect. Like the DE has 3 princes or the RD has great troops. But the thing is, while playing this position I never once cared or payed attention to the Plague factor. It has so many better special abilities like Muster the Fallen or access to Hell Hounds and Pit Fiends (which are Awesome!). Even having 5 groups was more important to me that the Plague. Bottom line, the Plague didn't move the needle in this game one bit. And it probably won't in most games unless they wind up going against a RA or an AN or some kingdom that likely has to recruit from pops.

I know DuPont and some others feel very strongly about the DK. (This is nice talk for 'They really hate the DK') I know some people want to remove or nerf the Plague. Great. Fine by me. Maybe make it half strength. Or only with groups containing a Marshal or higher. Make it an order that has to be given instead of an automatic ability. Or hell, just make Plague a 1st level DK spell. I don't really care either way. But, yes, there is a good argument for making an adjustment. Just about every form of attack in this game can be countered. Targets of Sleep can be Warded. Targets of Agents can be guarded or counter espionaged. Regional effects can be dispelled. Even some military actions can be thwarted with a Dome which can in turn be dispelled. But there is no defense against the DK plague. So go ahead and change it if you like. This kingdom is good enough to win with or without the ability.

Not to derail the thread about your well deserved win, but this is part of my problem with it. The plague isn't even really much of an advantage for the DK and in fact, you could make the case that you can't send patrols to scout a region without being instantly discovered is a disadvantage. And there are plenty of other advantages - the DK doesn't need the plague. It was just an idea that I think probably wasn't thought through all the way but it's simply got to go. It sound irrational to say it, but I'm flat-out offended by it and I'm firm in that I won't play against it.

The patrol thing isn't quite correct as I think you need at least one kingdom named brigade to trigger the plague. But yeah, I get your point.