Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Knight Changes
(07-27-2023, 08:43 AM)Zar@shand Wrote:
(07-27-2023, 12:29 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Just FYI my death knights are killing pop again was this re inputted?

I think it was made to be 1% rather than removed entirely. I had the occasional plague during the course of my current DK game, but it was rare.

Ok cool. It didn’t appear in mine until several turns ago, so thought it was on again? Thanks

Ok just for discussion: He’ll Hounds overpowered? Can recruit 15 per group, elite are renowned combat, plus a lvl2 fireball. And the kicker they cost a measly 375 food 525 gold per brigade. With improved armor and weapon it’s like a swarm of paladins. Smile curious what other think.

(07-28-2023, 02:33 PM)PTRILEY Wrote: Ok just for discussion: He’ll Hounds overpowered? Can recruit 15 per group, elite are renowned combat, plus a lvl2 fireball. And the kicker they cost a measly 375 food 525 gold per brigade. With improved armor and weapon it’s like a swarm of paladins. Smile curious what other think.

Considering that the maximum army size of red (and black actually) dragons is a phoenix, 5 wyverns, 10 great bats and about 20 red dragons, I'd say yeah, a little bit.  I have seen a RD group take a legendary in the past (not my RD yet, but I will be giving it a try), a small one, but I'm honestly not sure how it was even possible unless the loss divider doesn't work the way I think it does. RD max wizard capacity is still only 7 and they never get crack the sky even at 9.

Brek is looking for kingdoms incapable of taking Legendary castles, RD might be one unless max moral, max leaders, all elites and God forbid if you lose a dragon brigade.... All kingdoms aside from the dragons have the capacity for large armies, due to the unlimited ability to recruit from PCs.   I easily took Legendary Castles with the Elf, I recruited about 30 Vikings, and with the Sacred Order, I had about 25 paladins.  The dragons seem uniquely underpowered in late game, compound that with their terrible magic, also a late game asset, it's pretty tough.  I suppose that is to make up for their high power in early game.

I don't think it would be a big deal though to make Wyverns unlimited.  Companions have a natural limitation of not being able to recruit more than 3 per turn.  So, yeah you could possibly have one or two massive armies, but everyone can do that, it's not like you could have 5 of them.

And also we might consider fixing the fact that barges can sink a dragon army.

I agree, the missing military trait that gives the extra leaders and promotions needs to added to RD/BL. The emulation of pit Fiends is way big too, a 25% off the top destruction of opposing force. Nothing can stop it, at lest a wall of flame can be stopped by a tactic lower than 3? They are tough..