Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Knight Changes
All,

I am going to be changing the DK plague.  
For now, it will be reduced plague ability to zero until I have a better chance to review it. 
I will continue to look at the ability, but this still leaves the DK as a powerhouse, just wanted to give you a heads-up.
I like the concept just needs to be balanced.

Brek

(04-22-2023, 08:18 AM)Brekk Wrote: All,

I am going to be changing the DK plague.  
For now, it will be reduced plague ability to zero until I have a better chance to review it. 
I will continue to look at the ability, but this still leaves the DK as a powerhouse, just wanted to give you a heads-up.
I like the concept just needs to be balanced.

Brek

Just remember if the DK can recruit from those non-depleted pops he will be even tougher as a military. just fyi.

The DK seems to have the best combination of magic and military combined stats then any nation. Also given they are evil with other bonus's makes them a powerhouse of a nation.

The other simple solution to the plague problem is make unable to recruit for pc's and have 0%.

(04-22-2023, 10:33 PM)Zar@shand Wrote: The DK seems to have the best combination of magic and military combined stats then any nation. Also given they are evil with other bonus's makes them a powerhouse of a nation.

The other simple solution to the plague problem is make unable to recruit for pc's and have 0%.

All very true about its other abilities, DK will not suffer much, but for now here is what we are going to do.

DK will have its ability reduced to 1%, and will activate with a higher number of required troops.  This is "temporary" fix and I will evaluate after a couple months see if it impacts the DK negatively.  The change will happen in the next week or 2.

Brek

Today, uploaded the server with the change to the Deathknight's plague ability: now just 1% census loss if 8+ kingdom-named Deathknight brigades are in the group.

(05-01-2023, 05:24 PM)unclemike Wrote: Today, uploaded the server with the change to the Deathknight's plague ability: now just 1% census loss if 8+ kingdom-named Deathknight brigades are in the group.

Thanks UM!

Yes, UM. Don't take it personally! Thanks for your hard work.

(05-01-2023, 05:24 PM)unclemike Wrote: Today, uploaded the server with the change to the Deathknight's plague ability: now just 1% census loss if 8+ kingdom-named Deathknight brigades are in the group.

Thanks Mike

Just FYI my death knights are killing pop again was this re inputted?

(07-27-2023, 12:29 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Just FYI my death knights are killing pop again was this re inputted?

I think it was made to be 1% rather than removed entirely. I had the occasional plague during the course of my current DK game, but it was rare.