Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5703
(08-19-2023, 08:40 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: DK - FT   Mr. Trader I tried to communicate with you on turn 1 as well and you have not replied.  Are you going to tax your town for me next turn?  As you may recall I gave you the option of a sea village in Crown for one in Triumvia.  I await your reply.

DK- BL    Hey there handsome black dragon.  I'll vacate my village this turn.  No doubt you know where it is but if not I can tell you?

(08-02-2023, 10:11 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Hi Maximus, (Max);
In an effort to avoid confusion of anyone, as you suggest, above, I propose that we make an effort use full words in the first occasion followed by an abbreviation if we intend to use one.  So if I was to discuss the High Counsel (H.C.)  issue being taken up by the Sacred Order (SC)  in order to create more  standing orders (S.O's)  I hope you would not think I was being an ass hole (A.H.) Smile

You're slipping, Wookie. You've still got that abbreviations virus, I see.

Just a friendly reminder from the Anti-Abbreviation Coalition Of Alamaze Abbreviation Strugglers Anonymous, the AACOAASA.

(08-19-2023, 09:30 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 08:40 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: DK - FT   Mr. Trader I tried to communicate with you on turn 1 as well and you have not replied.  Are you going to tax your town for me next turn?  As you may recall I gave you the option of a sea village in Crown for one in Triumvia.  I await your reply.

DK- BL    Hey there handsome black dragon.  I'll vacate my village this turn.  No doubt you know where it is but if not I can tell you?

(08-02-2023, 10:11 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Hi Maximus, (Max);
In an effort to avoid confusion of anyone, as you suggest, above, I propose that we make an effort use full words in the first occasion followed by an abbreviation if we intend to use one.  So if I was to discuss the High Counsel (H.C.)  issue being taken up by the Sacred Order (SC)  in order to create more  standing orders (S.O's)  I hope you would not think I was being an ass hole (A.H.) Smile

You're slipping, Wookie. You've still got that abbreviations virus, I see.

Just a friendly reminder from the Anti-Abbreviation Coalition Of Alamaze Abbreviation Strugglers Anonymous, the AACOAASA.
Why don't you communicate for your DE position?

(08-19-2023, 09:36 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Why don't you communicate for your DE position?

I have been, but only a couple of players have contacted me via e-mail, thus far.

Plus, too, I've been communicating more on the forum, of late, and on more matters than probably anyone else. Also, I've been doing a variety of different tasks related to the forum, specifically, and to Alamaze, generally. I need a bigger clock, apparently, Wookie Panz, as there aren't enough hours in the day. This doesn't count lose late night e-mail sessions with the mysterious figure last seen setting the old Alamaze forum postings on fire.

My kingdom is open to communication from your kingdom, Dan. I've bungled my opening in this game, already. You can communicate with my kingdom in this thread, via PM, or by way of e-mail.

playbymail.net@gmail.com

GN-->AL

I just found your town. Please tax it on turn 4 if you want the extra income.

(08-19-2023, 09:47 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 09:36 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Why don't you communicate for your DE position?

I have been, but only a couple of players have contacted me via e-mail, thus far.

Plus, too, I've been communicating more on the forum, of late, and on more matters than probably anyone else. Also, I've been doing a variety of different tasks related to the forum, specifically, and to Alamaze, generally. I need a bigger clock, apparently, Wookie Panz, as there aren't enough hours in the day. This doesn't count lose late night e-mail sessions with the mysterious figure last seen setting the old Alamaze forum postings on fire.

My kingdom is open to communication from your kingdom, Dan. I've bungled my opening in this game, already. You can communicate with my kingdom in this thread, via PM, or by way of e-mail.

playbymail.net@gmail.com

Charles I sent you an email.  If you subscribe to this active game thread you can just reply to the post as we go.

(08-19-2023, 11:36 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Charles I sent you an email.  If you subscribe to this active game thread you can just reply to the post as we go.

I received your e-mail, Dan. You should now have a response in your e-mail.

Sorry for the rough start.

AL-GN

Emailed but no response. Check your email for important chemical formulae.

(08-19-2023, 10:55 PM)Windstar2 Wrote: GN-->AL

I just found your town. Please tax it on turn 4 if you want the extra income.

Right back at you on your village

The Queen Is A Heretic.
The King Is A Heretic.

Well, at least they have something in common.

Well, Wookie Panz is on us like a bulldog, wanting us to post more, so I'm gonna go ahead and plop one down, in a bid to distract him from me, and get him off on the rest of you. You had better start posting, or the Wookie is gonna gnaw your leg off. Ignore this warning at your own risk!

So, where to start? Talk about a disaster of a start for me. I'm in three different games of Alamaze, right now, and they all started off different. Of the three of them, this one, Game 5703, hit me with the worst start of the three.

It's been a complete bungled job for me. Wasted orders, just me being a complete idiot (and yes, you may quote me on that). My Demon Princes haven't been doing anything constructive, at all. Yeah, don't even ask. Not paying attention to advice that you're given off-forum probably hasn't helped matters, any. Well, technically, I was trying to pay attention to the advice, but my brain apparently had a mind of its own (Who woulda thunk it?), and didn't process the information that I was given, completely. Yeah, well, it's all a part of the learning process.

Let me tell you, the Demon Princes apparently hail from a poverty-stricken region of Hell. Not enough gold to issue my complete set of orders, for the coming turn. It ain't like this as the Underworld in Game 5684. Not even my Underworld kingdom in game 5693 is as poor as these bad boy Demon Princes. Something's gotta give. Something's gotta change.

If anyone out there has a few hundred thousand gold pieces just lying around, that you don't intend to use, feel free to send them my way - because I'm definitely gonna need them!

My first forays on Turn #1 to find other pop centers only managed to yield the location of a single measly village. I've burned through my starting gold by moving Demon Princes around, and nothing, whatsoever, has gotten accomplished with them for two straight turns. Just a bunch of dithering. No means to turn it around in the foreseeable future, either.

Be that all as it may, I'm still in it. I'm still here. I haven't abandoned ship. I'll turn this son of a bitch around, somehow.

Yeah, right.

One thing that I'll say, though, is that veteran players of Alamaze that I have encountered seem to suffer under some self-inflicted delusion that every player is somehow interested in following the same old tired script. Just give up population centers that start under your control in other regions, rather than put up a fight to keep them. Veteran players of Alamaze (maybe not all of them, but definitely some of them) just seem to resign themselves to the fact that such population centers that they start with in regions other than where their capital starts should be taxed, and they should just abandon them. What a bullshit way to play!

I'm pretty darned sure that I don't subscribe to this half-ass excuse for a philosophy. Where's the strategy in that? Yeah, yeah, people do it, lots of players do it, so that makes it OK, right? Well, I'm not doing it. I'm not gonna go that route, nor step foot down that path - Come what may!

Of course, this chosen approach of mine may twist a few noses and not sit well with everyone else. Well, too damned bad! It sounds to me like you guys have had it too easy for too damned long. If everyone is just gonna give up their starting population centers, then why does the game start with population centers in regions other than one's starting region where one's capital population center resides? Such utter insanity!

I figure that it will probably take a slow learner like myself at least another dozen or so games of Alamaze, before I can utilize military groups effectively. Thus far, I haven't even managed to succeed at using a patrol. If war comes at me in this game, 5703, then there's no real debate to be had. I'm gonna lose. But so be it!

Attacks upon population centers under the Demon Princes' control will constitute casus belli. If you don't know what it means, then look it up on that Internet box of yours.

Now, get off your asses and start posting. Unless, of course, the whole lot of you have had your balls chopped off, recently, and you're lying in a bed, somewhere, trying to recover.

So, Wookie Panz, does this count as a posting, in your book? I think that I should get some extra credit for this one.

(08-19-2023, 11:36 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote: Charles I sent you an email.  If you subscribe to this active game thread you can just reply to the post as we go.

Against my better judgment, I have subscribed to this thread, Wookie Panz. I can't keep up with e-mails, now, as it is. Plus, I had to figure out how to subscribe to it. You shouldn't assume that others on here necessarily know how to do that, even if they are an admin, like I currently am. I remembered seeing an option to subscribe, somewhere, but I tend to check this forum for all new postings since my last visit, anyway.

(08-20-2023, 04:11 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:

Against my better judgment, I have subscribed to this thread, Wookie Panz. I can't keep up with e-mails, now, as it is. Plus, I had to figure out how to subscribe to it. You shouldn't assume that others on here necessarily know how to do that, even if they are an admin, like I currently am. I remembered seeing an option to subscribe, somewhere, but I tend to check this forum for all new postings since my last visit, anyway.

DW - sharing an email (jernest@prodigy.net)