Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flight
How do I use the last herd?  Cant find the flight order anymore 
Ty

Last Herd of Winged Stallions: Last Herd of Winged Stallions enable a division-sized force (up to 5 brigades) the power of flight. Reference your kingdom setup for more info on flying.

All flying groups, either as natural flyers like Dragons or groups enhanced with special brigades/artifacts that bestow flying capabilities, are considered flying at all times. When specifying the group's movement, all terrain costs are calculated as normally in your movement order (including when flying over water areas). However, flying groups whether they are all-natural flyers (e.g., all brigades of Griffons) or non-natural flyers (ground-based troops that gain flying by acquiring an artifact or by recruiting Giant Eagles) are checked throughout the turn if their situation changes. Flying status may be lost if the group no longer meets certain criteria such as losing division-sized status required by certain artifacts due to transferring troops between groups, combining groups together,

(12-05-2023, 08:40 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote: How do I use the last herd?  Cant find the flight order anymore 
Ty

It's gone. There is no mini-teleport for the bats, green dragons, herd.

Flight is near worthless now. All it gives you is bonus against PCs, level 1 recon of square, and ability to cross water without ships. Movement is at normal Kingdom rates.

(12-05-2023, 03:37 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 08:40 AM)uncledarkseid Wrote: How do I use the last herd?  Cant find the flight order anymore 
Ty

Flight is near worthless now. All it gives you is bonus against PCs, level 1 recon of square, and ability to cross water without ships. Movement is at normal Kingdom rates.

Ugghhh. That’s terrible. 
Did you ever know that you’re my hero…….
And you are the wind beneath my wings (no more).

(12-05-2023, 03:37 PM)Pine Needle Wrote:
Ty

That’s what I said… Smile lol

Guys we are looking at flight as one of the items. A lot of changes were made in the update ago. Many thing would likely have been adjusted or fix then but honestky I wanted control of the process and needed to learn the back side as well as the game itself. Mike has ben willing to help me, I will post more as we get a little closer.

John

Hey Brek,

I thought about flight. Some have pointed out that Flight doesn't make much of a difference in speed, which it should, or anything else other than the 20% vs PC bonus. So how about this:

Groups that are entirely composed with Flight brigades gain a -2 on their movement costs per hex. So if they have a 5 in the plains, its now a 3. If 7 in the mountains, its a 5. This makes these groups faster but still not as fast as Dragons.

Groups that are entirely composed with Flights brigades may still land in the water as we presume an Island of some kind. However Flight vs Seapower needs to be reworked. Honestly, Seapower needs an overhaul.

Brigades with Flight are still immune to certain spells (Earthquake, etc) but are more susceptible to others. Tornado and Ice Storm would do 150% damage and Windstorm would reduce Flight Brigade value by 10%

Flight brigades always grant a L1 Recon of the hex they are in.

And that's it. How's that sound?

Lord Garth

(12-07-2023, 09:38 PM)Lord Garth Wrote: Hey Brek,

I thought about flight.  Some have pointed out that Flight doesn't make much of a difference in speed, which it should, or anything else other than the 20% vs PC bonus.  So how about this:

Groups that are entirely composed with Flight brigades gain a -2 on their movement costs per hex.  So if they have a 5 in the plains, its now a 3.  If 7 in the mountains, its a 5.  This makes these groups faster but still not as fast as Dragons.

Groups that are entirely composed with Flights brigades may still land in the water as we presume an Island of some kind.  However Flight vs Seapower needs to be reworked.  Honestly, Seapower needs an overhaul.

Brigades with Flight are still immune to certain spells (Earthquake, etc) but are more susceptible to others.  Tornado and Ice Storm would do 150% damage and Windstorm would reduce Flight Brigade value by 10%

Flight brigades always grant a L1 Recon of the hex they are in.

And that's it.  How's that sound?

Lord Garth
I dont think we have to presume that there is an island, it’s just that they are above the water. Semantics really. I definitely think tornado should affect the flyers more, dragons included.  And windstorm.