Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upset
In a game, I don't care if it is an anonymous game or not, I had an encounter with the AN. He did his arcane intervention spell against my group. Fine. I attempted to dispel it, and that didn't even get tried. Then it said that I couldn't attack a second group and a PC since I had retreated. I did not retreat. The AN is the one who did the dastardly deed. I am upset and am in need of some answers.

(08-18-2024, 06:29 PM)Windstar3 Wrote: In a game, I don't care if it is an anonymous game or not, I had an encounter with the AN. He did his arcane intervention spell against my group. Fine. I attempted to dispel it, and that didn't even get tried. Then it said that I couldn't attack a second group and a PC since I had retreated. I did not retreat. The AN is the one who did the dastardly deed. I am upset and am in need of some answers.

Sorry to hear that, but it should not be unexpected. Here is the spell and it does lay out the retreat part (probably to protect the AN's PC that the AN is sitting outside of). The spell likely came from any AN wizard in the realm, so not sure how you would have tried to dispel it. 

Name:    Ancient Intervention
Spell #:  109

The wizard casting this exhausting magic is able to prevent combat between two forces
      anywhere in the realm, both groups are affected and no combat takes place as a result
      of this powerful spell (both groups are considered to have withdrew/retreated from
      battle). The Ancient Intervention spell however drains 1 power level from the wizard
      but the loss may be regained normally through magic research (Order #799).

I still don't like it, though. The group that is slated for combat should be the one that the intervention spell comes from. And that would mean that one of that group's wizards must cast it. And that would mean that it can be dispelled. The AN had a division, a P7 wizard, and 2 adepts. That would entail that the P7 should be the one that gets a level down.

(08-18-2024, 06:29 PM)Windstar3 Wrote: In a game, I don't care if it is an anonymous game or not, I had an encounter with the AN. He did his arcane intervention spell against my group. Fine. I attempted to dispel it, and that didn't even get tried. Then it said that I couldn't attack a second group and a PC since I had retreated. I did not retreat. The AN is the one who did the dastardly deed. I am upset and am in need of some answers.

Divine Intervention can be cast by any of his wizards from anywhere in the realm, so you'd have to guess which one to have a chance to dispel it. That said, shoot me the game turn number, and I’ll review it.

(08-18-2024, 08:05 PM)Brekk Wrote:

Divine Intervention can be cast by any of his wizards from anywhere in the realm, so you'd have to guess which one to have a chance to dispel it. That said, shoot me the game turn number, and I’ll review it.
Turn 29 of 5793