Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inequity in recruiting
There are several positions (like the EL, RA, and SA) which have little in the way of companion brigades. The EL has 15 total slots, and the RA has only 13. Since recruiting companion brigades has been increased to 7 per turn, these kingdoms are left in the dust as they can only recruit 2 per PC that they are at. This is a major bummer for these kingdoms.

I would like to see a special order done (I don't know if it is programmable) that these kingdoms can recruit a 3rd brigade from PCs to help alleviate this lack. Either that, or get them some more companion brigades. :-)

I am reviewing companies and such as part of the next update, more to come

(10-15-2024, 07:15 PM)Brekk Wrote: I am reviewing companies and such as part of the next update, more to come
As always, I am looking forward to new updates!

I love the Ranger kingdom. Lots of flavor, great movement, good wizards. Love playing the good guys!

The Ranger sucks.

Why?

1) There are no cheap, fodder-type recruits such as Wildlings. There are Wood Elves, but limited to five. Five brigades of Wood Elves isn't scaring anyone, unlike, say, five brigades of Trolls.

2) There are no powerful or anti-PC recruits - no Hill Giants, no War Machines.

3) The fear-producing recruit, Mammoth, is locked behind the elite gate

4) No magic summoning beyond Minotarus and Rock Golems.

The end effect is that it is difficult to build an effective Ranger group, not impossible, but more difficult than say a Dark Elf or Dwarf. And it is nearly impossible to build a Ranger group to take a legendary castle. It would take leaning heavily on PC recruits and max-level wizards.

So while I love the Ranger, if I am being honest, they are down near the bottom of the pile, largely due to their anemic recruitment options.

(All of this IMHO of course)

This is the part I can mostly adjust, so I think the best approach is for me to start a post outlining the kingdoms I believe need the most attention, along with my thoughts on what I'm considering so far.

I believe that we did something like companies back in Fall Of Rome, Rick's other game. It was a nice addition, and gave more flavor to the mix.

What were companies in Fall of Rome?

I think some of the newer companions, especially ones available just to a single kingdom, can be eliminated (and consolidated- e.g. mephits and sprites etc.)

The summoned kingdoms for the wizards need to be fleshed out (in the description and special abilities).

Thanks Brekk.

(10-15-2024, 09:02 PM)davekuyk Wrote: What were companies in Fall of Rome?

I believe that they were add ons to the normal group, like archers for example. They gave the game a little more...flavor.

See my start and vote.
https://alamaze.net/forum/thread-17396-p...l#pid89340