Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estimated group values.
I'm not looking to have ll the stats nailed down, but I like having an idea of what factors are in play.

I have two groups of the same size, with the same wizarding power. One has higher morale, better leaders and a better terrain mod.

Yet its estimated value on current terrain is lower than the other group with the worse modifiers.

The one with the better modifiers Is listed as being better against a population center, however.

So what am I missing?

What are the brigae types? Email me a screenshot at ded127@aol.com and I'll see if I can narrow it down for you.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

They're both Kingdom Brigades with the same regional reaction.

I'll send the email.

Never mind. I think I figured it out. Different terrain affect archers and cavalry different ways so the numbers get skewed by that in addition to the overall terrain mod on all troops.

Wizards have nothing to do with it.

It's likely you're in a terrain that sucks for some troop types. Even though you have better modifications in that terrain it doesn't compensate...

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm thinking that he has better leaders in one than the other.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(04-19-2013, 12:30 AM)Kalrex Wrote: Wizards have nothing to do with it.

It's likely you're in a terrain that sucks for some troop types. Even though you have better modifications in that terrain it doesn't compensate...

There are lots of factors and players shouldn't try to make it into a math formula, because they can't. The given values vs. PC and in Terrain incorporate a lot, but not everything, including obviously, magic.

You're saying a stationary group, with a L2 wizard say, has added combat value on the turn sheet? Due to the wizard just sitting in the group??

(04-19-2013, 12:39 AM)Kalrex Wrote: You're saying a stationary group, with a L2 wizard say, has added combat value on the turn sheet? Due to the wizard just sitting in the group??

No, I am saying because players can't incorporate the effects of magic and other factors, for example, how the archery phase differs from the cavalry phase, or retreat values by race, or any number of other factors, that it is a fool's errand to try to deduce a battle's outcome from the one indicator of strength = the value in terrain, that a player has. That's just a starting point.

To blab on, when Phil took over and wanted to re-program, his adviser told him it could be done in a week. Three months later, he was still developing a document on the complexity of the program and what would later be required to do the reprogramming. Players of both Fall of Rome and Alamaze know that the numbers of troops are just a small slice of the battle, and others learn the hard way.

Well, in my defense, I wasn't looking for predicting outcomes based on the estimate. I just felt it was weird that the estimate showed an unusual result so I was hunting for answers.

Lord Diamond, I decided not to send the screen shot. I took a quick peek at the numbers and I'm satisfied it was the separate terrain modifiers for archers and cavalry that made the difference.