Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anonymous Games
What's the protocol with revealing if you are a player in a particular anonymous game (without revealing your kingdom). Is this generally frowned upon? I ask because it would be neat to have an active thread with comments as in other games. Does it just get too messy with the no contact rules?
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(05-21-2014, 05:40 PM)Drogo Wrote: What's the protocol with revealing if you are a player in a particular anonymous game (without revealing your kingdom). Is this generally frowned upon? I ask because it would be neat to have an active thread with comments as in other games. Does it just get too messy with the no contact rules?

We have making comments on game 139 which is anonymous. We just haven't revealed our kingdoms.

I think likely to give away positions as people try to skirt not naming there specific kingdom.

I go out of my way to mislead folks about my kingdoms. Smile
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

As long time followers here know, I am not a fan of Anonymous:

1. There is no forum discussion on the game, meanwhile, players that would otherwise post are tied up with their slots in an anonymous game so there is no community discussion;

2. There is no way for a newer player to learn through communication with a player in his game what happened, or what might be a good thing or two to do next;

3. We cannot enforce the anonymity, and yet we feel players will hold us responsible for that inevitable accusation of a player cheating and why haven't we done something about it. Even more disturbing on that line, a couple months ago there was a discussion about honor, and the popular view was something like, what is honor?

4. Meanwhile, as in Gladiator, we need to give the people what they want. So there will likely be a signup for an Anonymous Steel game sometime this weekend, and meanwhile there is a an Anonymous Warlords game via signup@alamaze.co looking to add its last couple players.

5. Don't forget, you can start a private game if you wish. Now we can make that anywhere from five player / five kingdom as in Primeval, any other standard format, or potentially with some additional consideration, a game with from 6 - 11 kingdoms and players or teams.

(05-22-2014, 02:28 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: As long time followers here know, I am not a fan of Anonymous:

1. There is no forum discussion on the game, meanwhile, players that would otherwise post are tied up with their slots in an anonymous game so there is no community discussion;

2. There is no way for a newer player to learn through communication with a player in his game what happened, or what might be a good thing or two to do next;

3. We cannot enforce the anonymity, and yet we feel players will hold us responsible for that inevitable accusation of a player cheating and why haven't we done something about it. Even more disturbing on that line, a couple months ago there was a discussion about honor, and the popular view was something like, what is honor?

4. Meanwhile, as in Gladiator, we need to give the people what they want. So there will likely be a signup for an Anonymous Steel game sometime this weekend, and meanwhile there is a an Anonymous Warlords game via signup@alamaze.co looking to add its last couple players.

5. Don't forget, you can start a private game if you wish. Now we can make that anywhere from five player / five kingdom as in Primeval, any other standard format, or potentially with some additional consideration, a game with from 6 - 11 kingdoms and players or teams.

I am very happy that #4 outweighs the first three. I understand why you don't like them and appreciate that you allow them anyway. Thank you.

So far, it really does seem as if the players are honorably abiding by the anonymity rule.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(05-22-2014, 02:41 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 02:28 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: As long time followers here know, I am not a fan of Anonymous:

I am very happy that #4 outweighs the first three. I understand why you don't like them and appreciate that you allow them anyway. Thank you.

So far, it really does seem as if the players are honorably abiding by the anonymity rule.

I think LD sums up my feelings exactly. Very much appreciate your allowance of anonymous games even though they do make the forums much quieter. Perhaps a way to encourage more players to non-anonymous games would be limiting the possibility of alliances to one or two other kingdoms?

Maybe a warlords format with 12 players
-the 3 members teams can talk via email
-all other communication must take place in the active games forum
-still have the draft let the players of each team work out how they want to select there kingdoms
-I think would need an agreement form RY Vor to allow other teammates to take over kingdoms of dropped players.

Should help at least keep the forums a little more active.