Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
excel spreadsheet question
I just got a new computer. I switched from XP (the comp crashed) to windows 7.

I had microsoft xl spreadsheet and was using that and sending as xlsx files.

This new comp has open office but not microsoft excel Can I send a open office file instead? They are .ods files.

If Not I am not sure how I am going to send in the excel spreadsheet without spending a ton of money buying microsoft excel

You will need the latest version of open office and then you can save as excel. I normally save first as ods then save a second file as 97/2003 excel. If you use an old version of open office it will mess up the second tab and you will get a nasty gram from grasshopper. Actually grasshopper is very polite and tries to work with you.
If you have trouble message me maelman57@gmail.com. I can take screen shots.

Yea this is the latest version of open office. I saved it as 97/2003 excel like you said. When I click on the second tab to take a look there is nothing there? Should there be something?

Don't manipulate the order entry page - where you enter your orders. Meaning don't sort, move, etc.

You shouldn't touch the ingest tab - the second sheet. That is what the Alamaze program reads. It should just not say "ref" or be completely blank.

(05-26-2014, 03:09 AM)Tripwire Wrote: Yea this is the latest version of open office. I saved it as 97/2003 excel like you said. When I click on the second tab to take a look there is nothing there? Should there be something?

Sounds like your good to go.

Only other note is open office really likes to put a "0" in front of .1 and it does not ingest well. Make sure to use your adept names when you use them

I noticed when I went to put in an order it wouldn't let me put in AV, it made it Av no matter what I did. Capitals don't matter do they?

(05-26-2014, 04:38 PM)Tripwire Wrote: I noticed when I went to put in an order it wouldn't let me put in AV, it made it Av no matter what I did. Capitals don't matter do they?

Capitals don't matter Trip!

I'm obsessive compulsive. If I don't do my orders in all caps, it drives me crazy!

I'm the same way, DuPont. I also have to put them in chronological order or I feel like I've done something wrong.
-The Deliverer

Ha I do all CAP because my writing was so bad they would mess up my orders so now even when I type Alamaze orders it just feels wrong to out lower case.

For open office there is a setting that removes the auto correct. I forgot where it is but you can remove the Av feature.