Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Priestess death ratio
I just lost 3 HPs this turn doing divinations. With a death chance of 10% that seems a bit out of whack. In other games it seems I am losing HPs far more often than 1 out of 10 divinations. I rarely have a HP that lasts more than 3 or 4 before she croaks. Has anyone else noticed this trend?
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

(06-02-2014, 02:32 PM)Brogan Wrote: I just lost 3 HPs this turn doing divinations. With a death chance of 10% that seems a bit out of whack. In other games it seems I am losing HPs far more often than 1 out of 10 divinations. I rarely have a HP that lasts more than 3 or 4 before she croaks. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

I had very bad luck in my first few games with HP's but my last few have yielded much better results - I figured due to the changes that were made to the game. Sorry to hear of your bad luck streak! As I'm getting more experience in the game I'm starting to understand how useful of a tool the HP is!

Crazy, I used two priestesses in 138 this turn (one i just hired this turn), and both died. Wonder if something weird is happening or just tons of bad luck....

I definitely feel the survival rate has improved with the changes.

I actually added up my HP results for the last several games I was in a couple of weeks ago and found that the rate was about where it should be. I did that because I had bad luck in one particular game, but it just seems that it was an unlucky game. I blame Dusi.

Most people do.
-The Deliverer

(06-02-2014, 02:37 PM)Hamlet Wrote: Crazy, I used two priestesses in 138 this turn (one i just hired this turn), and both died. Wonder if something weird is happening or just tons of bad luck....

My three that died were in game 138 too. I often wonder if the random number generator is faulty. I don't doubt the code for 10% is correct, but if the random numbers get stuck on a value then that is a problem as well.

(06-02-2014, 03:16 PM)DuPont Wrote: I actually added up my HP results for the last several games I was in a couple of weeks ago and found that the rate was about where it should be. I did that because I had bad luck in one particular game, but it just seems that it was an unlucky game. I blame Dusi.

I certainly don't feel that I am getting 9 to 10 divinations per HP in any game. What were your percentages?
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

Just so you know - Cipher did look at this issue exactly over the weekend, as well as examining counter espionage to ensure all is working as designed and concluded they were.

I feel your pain when the HP dies (let alone 3), but need to remain constrained by the current construct. At some point (3rd Cycle or KoA), we'll have something like what we did in Fall of Rome - the HP becomes Weary (health status) after a divination and if used the next turn may become Exhausted, where she must rest to be able to divine again. We also in Fall of Rome had wounded status (light, serious, critical) for leaders and agents, and emissaries (nobles in FoR) could also have wound status via poisoning.

I found a percentage about 12%. In several of my games, the HP never died at all - one had done 15 divinations.

for me seems like they get stuck. I either get very good ones or ones that die left and right. I would guess they average out though. in 138 I had a HP die 4 turns in a row. I was only using one each turn. Most likely easier to remember them dying quickly than the good ones.

Sounds like Ry Vor already has a great solution in mind.