Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged battle reports
Is it just me, or are the battle reports having a bug issue? Seems like my last 3-4 turns, I have received truncated or even missing battle reports, and even blurbs from other people's battles.
I have not written in to Support, because generally I can compare my last turn to this one and see what ended up happening, but I am wondering if this is sporadic, or a new bug?
And I guess I am missing out on some army info on the opponent so I probably should have asked Support for the battle report.... but I just hate to bother them on what is somewhat a cosmetic issue.

Hi Hamlet,

This is sporadic, and Support is aware of the issue. I believe Cipher and Ry Vor are currently looking into it.
-The Deliverer

(06-05-2014, 03:09 PM)Hamlet Wrote: Is it just me, or are the battle reports having a bug issue? Seems like my last 3-4 turns, I have received truncated or even missing battle reports, and even blurbs from other people's battles.
I have not written in to Support, because generally I can compare my last turn to this one and see what ended up happening, but I am wondering if this is sporadic, or a new bug?
And I guess I am missing out on some army info on the opponent so I probably should have asked Support for the battle report.... but I just hate to bother them on what is somewhat a cosmetic issue.

I have had this happen to me twice out of 200+ turns now. It did happen to me recently in one of my games.

You can contact support for a copy of the battle.

thanks, gents

This has been one of the biggest pains in the butt.

For some background, everything that happens during turn processing is stored in a table as a value or message. The battletext is a long string updated through the battle phases and stored in the turn message table.

The results generation routine pulls the values/messages into the format that ends up being sent in PDF format. The battletext string is saved properly to the battle log files (this is from where I pull the info after the fact), but is getting 'damaged' in the table, providing gobbledy gook (highly technical term) on the actual results.

So it's not a problem with the battle sequence, it's something that's happening later in the turn processing that's sending text to the wrong table entry.

Please continue requesting battletext reports via support@alamaze.co - I need more turns with the problem pointed out so I can try to identify where the damage is being done.