Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Cycle of Magic Game?
If I can vote, I vote NO. There is to much of an imbalance for a lot of kingdoms, since not one change was made to adjust for the exploration format.

Ie. Starting gold reserves, inherent kingdom special abilities. Troop movement rates, Agent levels. and on and on.

Basically all the things that tried to balance the game in the beginning are completely out of whack with this format.
Podium player returning to the conflict!

(06-10-2014, 08:06 PM)The Usurper Wrote: If I can vote, I vote NO. There is to much of an imbalance for a lot of kingdoms, since not one change was made to adjust for the exploration format.

Ie. Starting gold reserves, inherent kingdom special abilities. Troop movement rates, Agent levels. and on and on.

Basically all the things that tried to balance the game in the beginning are completely out of whack with this format.

Ok, I'll change my vote to abstain.

I'm really fine either way, so I'll vote no since a couple players have objected.

Ya'll just let me know, via email, which way you want to go. I will be unavailable during the day on Wednesday to finish the draft. It would be nice to get it going tonight.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I only see one player that does not like it but having played a few of these explorer games I prefer them. They make getting the region on turn 3 a challenge and not a given. Also capitals have a bit of safety to them for a few turns. Another factor not pointer out that the priestess kingdoms got unbalanced the other way when HP cost 0.5 influence which was in effect costing all but the HP kingdoms 0.5 influence. No adjustment was made everything as normal. Same deal here you adjust and pick what works.

Open challenge for The Usurper I will take only kingdoms that normally start with a priestess and you can have you pick of kingdoms that start without one in a Titan match exploration rules. I should stand no chance for loosing so much.

All that said I am ok with either format. But my Vote is yes for explorer.

Titan games are just an exercise in following a set formula to win in 4-5 turns. I don't see the fun in them at all.

But the next time a annon steel game starts up, exploratory, take the EL position. you will love it Smile
Podium player returning to the conflict!

(06-10-2014, 09:13 PM)The Usurper Wrote: Titan games are just an exercise in following a set formula to win in 4-5 turns. I don't see the fun in them at all.

But the next time a annon steel game starts up, exploratory, take the EL position. you will love it Smile

Folks....are we ok to go explorer then...I really want to proceed with the Kingdom draft. Smile

(06-10-2014, 09:22 PM)Wynand Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 09:13 PM)The Usurper Wrote: Titan games are just an exercise in following a set formula to win in 4-5 turns. I don't see the fun in them at all.

Folks....are we ok to go explorer then...I really want to proceed with the Kingdom draft. Smile

I'm OK with explorer. Lets do the draft.

Okay, explorer it is.

Me, too, for exploratory. After hearing stories of people using the High Priestess to find out the starting town another person has and then hitting them with everything they have can screw up someone's day big time. It is more of a challenge to get that region sooner.