Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Day Plus 70 Years
Just wanted to acknowledge this date and tribute to the soldiers and I hope everyone playing has a good knowledge of what was involved.

HBO is running the Band of Brothers series. Company of Heroes is a tactical WWII computer game based loosely on Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

My dad was in the war (Canadian army, the Bahamas didn't have an army and he didn't want to join the English one because they didn't treat people from the colonies well). I grew up hearing war stories. He wasn't at D-Day, though - he wanted to get into the action sooner and took a demotion so he could get into a unit that was going into battle right away and wound up in Italy. But I love reading histories of that war - it's so fascinating and there were so many aspects to it. Having said that, I'm glad we haven't had to fight a war like that anytime recently.

Both of my grandfathers were in WWII. One stormed the beach at Normandy and the other was at both Pearl Harbor and Midway. Neither one really ever wanted to talk about it.
-The Deliverer

My Grandfather was in the Pacific Theater, Lost almost his entire unit to Malaria. He didn't like to talk about it either. However at his Military Funeral, when they started reading out his awards and honors, everyone was stunned! Even Grand Ma!
Podium player returning to the conflict!

They are the greatest generation.
Lord Brogan

156 - GN

My father was in the Pacific. A Seebee. Didn't talk about it much , even when asked.

Didn't talk about it much , even when asked.

Those are usually the veterans that saw the worst of it.