Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are 565 limits/changes in place yet?
I ask because the order validation seems to think they are but I just want to confirm. If they are can we get a recap of the changes? Sorry if this is elsewhere and definitive.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

(09-30-2014, 03:56 PM)Drogo Wrote: I ask because the order validation seems to think they are but I just want to confirm. If they are can we get a recap of the changes? Sorry if this is elsewhere and definitive.

I do not think the new proposed changes by Ry-Vor have been made yet.

I asked about this a week or so ago and was replied by Cipher.

Can you elaborate? There are still the restrictions that are part of the kingdom setups.

I meant the new changes.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde

The "Under Development" thread is your best source for change implementation.

While we may make changes that never get publicized, that thread is the best source for what publicized changes are in the pipeline and estimated times for those changes to go into effect.

Those estimated dates are sometimes moving targets, so if you see that the thread has been updated, you should review it promptly.

If a change has been discussed but is not listed in the development thread, you should feel comfortable that it will not be implemented in the next few turn cycles.

My understanding, limited as it may be, is that 565 changes/limits will NOT be made in 2nd cycle.

Yes, I haven't been very clear on this. First, remember the Under Development thread Cipher manages as more stuff is going on than just the yet to happen 565 changes.

I/we held off on the 565's as the change will affect the flavor of the game and I wanted Classic to be what everyone remembered about Alamaze, with what to me were the needed changes to correct deficiencies in place.

But we will put the 565's and some other changes in place for a new scenario we are calling 4th Scenario for now.

Then more comprehensive changes will be in for what will be 3rd Cycle.

(09-30-2014, 09:06 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: But we will put the 565's and some other changes in place for a new scenario we are calling 4th Scenario for now.

Well, if you ever change your mind about adding 565's for 3rd Cycle, I would love to test a new 565 for wizard kingdoms called Golems. More powerful than Ents with magic resistance thrown in, they would be tough to beat and the magic kingdoms won't complain so much about the 170/171 changes. I remember Golems from Forgotten Realms (another Rick's game) that wiped out my archmages when I attacked the city of Waterdeep. A single golem was enough to do the job too...

(10-07-2014, 12:37 PM)unclemike Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 09:06 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: But we will put the 565's and some other changes in place for a new scenario we are calling 4th Scenario for now.

Well, if you ever change your mind about adding 565's for 3rd Cycle, I would love to test a new 565 for wizard kingdoms called Golems. More powerful than Ents with magic resistance thrown in, they would be tough to beat and the magic kingdoms won't complain so much about the 170/171 changes. I remember Golems from Forgotten Realms (another Rick's game) that wiped out my archmages when I attacked the city of Waterdeep. A single golem was enough to do the job too...

I like the concept, although I wouldn't want them to be powerful enough to take cities by themselves.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(10-07-2014, 12:37 PM)unclemike Wrote:

I have the Golems slated for a 565 for the Gnomes, but then, I also have the Gnomes being eliminated from 4th Scenario.

Again, I have not been too clear, except maybe on a completely different thread:
1. Cipher is implementing the last bit of changes to what we call Classic. Unlike the Classic map, we expect this Cycle and scenario to remain available, as it remains to be seen what players think of the upcoming changes. So, yes, Diplomacy and Parlay (for example) are forever corrected and you will never get control of a controlled city with a brigade sized force via Diplomacy short of very friendly conditions and a Power 8 or so. Accepting that, like Exploratory and the Sea Power changes, and the Resurgent Map, you can play this version going forward.
2. To compound things, the next thing will be 4th Scenario in 2nd Cycle. Perhaps we will do better with the name:
a. On Resurgent map;
b. The 565's and maybe a few other troop types;
c. I want to discuss specifics with Cipher, but:
i. Probably 3 new kingdoms with special abilities;
ii. 12 kingdoms total;
iii. Range differences for emissaries, agents, and spells;
iv. About four new political and agent orders;
v. Several new spells and spell changes;
vi. Hopefully 5 brigade types per group.

Lots of other stuff, but that's a taste.