Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#300 - Experimental
Interesting events on turn 7 between the Swampmen and Urik forces (both hit each other's capitals on the same turn) but your Section 1 messages make more sense when you consider the execution order of the events.

For Swampmen, it says that you liberated your Count from the Urik capital (was a prisoner) when you conquered it but he's not showing up in your emissary section because the Urik group attacked your capital afterwards and recaptured him (all freed prisoners are sent back to your capital). So Section I messages for both of you don't indicate a software problem (of being freed then missing) but rather shows the execution order of the game regarding your two attack orders.

And relocating your capitals was the reason why your rulers couldn't do any sole orders for the turn.

Also affected were your natural enemy's influence which were raised/lowered whenever a capital fell as well as how many emissaries were captured (results in a minor influence loss for your kingdom and a minor gain for your natural enemy).

(12-17-2014, 02:04 PM)unclemike Wrote: Interesting events on turn 7 between the Swampmen and Urik forces (both hit each other's capitals on the same turn) but your Section 1 messages make more sense when you consider the execution order of the events.

For Swampmen, it says that you liberated your Count from the Urik capital (was a prisoner) when you conquered it but he's not showing up in your emissary section because the Urik group attacked your capital afterwards and recaptured him (all freed prisoners are sent back to your capital). So Section I messages for both of you don't indicate a software problem (of being freed then missing) but rather shows the execution order of the game regarding your two attack orders.

And relocating your capitals was the reason why your rulers couldn't do any sole orders for the turn.

Also affected were your natural enemy's influence which were raised/lowered whenever a capital fell as well as how many emissaries were captured (results in a minor influence loss for your kingdom and a minor gain for your natural enemy).

(SW)  Alas, poor Count Bloodgard, I fear he will be in the stew pot of the Urik soon!
Stillgard

105 Dwarf King
116 Dark Elf Vampire
122 Mighty Troll Tyrant
134 Enlightened Sorcerer
139 Dwarf King

Swamp man smell bad. Taste worse. Swamp stuff get stuck in teeth. Even Urrik dogs don't eat stringy swamp man. We give important Swamp man to little Urrik for toy.

HAHA

I loved that movie.  

Cheech and Chong in a pirate flick... Priceless
I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?

Since some players are already attacking each other's capitals, I should go over the grounds of eliminating a kingdom in this game.

Kingdoms are eliminated when their last pop center is conquered (similar to Fall of Rome rules I believe). There is no encampment or extra-dimensional area where kingdoms linger on that some players feel is unfair (since you cannot target enemies in their encampment).

Emissaries/agents of an eliminated kingdom will disperse back into the realm as part of the neutral/human population.

Artifacts in possession of an eliminated kingdom will disperse back into the realm as well (as if they were cast into the Fire of the Void and removed from play). So you should steal their artifacts before conquering their last pc or you'll lose the chance of doing so.

Any prisoners that an eliminated kingdom has at the time will be handled normally when an opponent conquers a pc with prisoners stationed there. So the conqueror of the last pc will inherit those prisoners.

Any prisoners that you may have as hostages that belong to the eliminated kingdom will remain in your possession. However, if an agent rescues a prisoner whose original kingdom has been eliminated, the freed prisoner will disperse back into the realm.

The enemy/ally declaration section on your report will reduce in size based upon the number of active kingdoms in the game.

Capitals will relocate thru enemy groups if all of your remaining pc's have non-allied groups when your capital falls. The highest defense pc will become your capital. If the other groups attack those pc's, you may end up losing your capital multiple times in a turn depending upon the situation.

Timing does matter in a special circumstance if you're down to a single pc (with an enemy group about to attack it) and you have a group at another pc that you don't own yet. If your attack order triggers first, you'll have two pc's for your kingdom so if the enemy group attacks after yours, your capital will relocate to the new pc that you just conquered. However, if your opponent attack triggers before yours then your kingdom is eliminated from play since you don't have any pc's left. When you lose your capital, the software checks if you have any remaining pc's at the time and if you don't have any, you're out of the game. So timing does matter. I haven't checked Fall of Rome's source code yet (or even if they are handling this type of scenario) but this is how the software currently works.

BTW, you cannot eliminate a kingdom by kidnapping/assassinating their last regent/emissary. If you succeed in taking out their last emissary then the game will create a new envoy (with a random name) to act as regent.

FYI, starting with turn 8 (due this Monday), spell descriptions will no longer be in all uppercase. I'll make more cosmetic changes to the printout as I receive them from Ry Vor.

Turn 8 went out on time today (noon). Turn 9 is due this Friday.

FYI, I was able to change more than just the spell descriptions to sentence case (not all uppercase). It took the entire weekend to change the thousands of messages and I nearly got it all done. I still need to do pc names and some other areas including the order checker which forces uppercase for the older program. So if you create a new character with order 510, it's going to be all uppercase until I change the order checker.

I also changed the food/gold production section to show the word Villages rather than just Vill and other things like that...

I am having issues with standing orders now.  I had 5 last turn, this turn I am getting an error saying I can only have 4.  I have control of region 3 so I should be able to have over 4 standing orders.  When I try to delete a standing order, I still get error message saying I can only have 4 standing orders even though I had only 4 after getting rid one of my standing orders.  I also do not get any amount of food or gold to show up in the gold/food boxes.  Evan with errors I normally still get some form of resource totals.

Rogal - DW300

(12-22-2014, 08:49 PM)Rogal Wrote: I am having issues with standing orders now.  I had 5 last turn, this turn I am getting an error saying I can only have 4.  I have control of region 3 so I should be able to have over 4 standing orders.  When I try to delete a standing order, I still get error message saying I can only have 4 standing orders even though I had only 4 after getting rid one of my standing orders.  I also do not get any amount of food or gold to show up in the gold/food boxes.  Evan with errors I normally still get some form of resource totals.

Rogal - DW300

As I mentioned above, the order checker won't work with the new printout until after I make the necessary corrections to it. Give me a day or so please.

No problem, just posting my observations.