Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UN needs his money
Why was the collections for performing 500 for UN and 600 for GN and DW removed when they issue the orders themselves?

DW gets a special order to do his own defense raising basically covering this already

GN does not issue many of these due to his level 2 spell.

UN issues this all the time more than any other kingdom.  Doesn't it make sense that if all kingdom go through them to get trained that they can train themselves cheaper?  Or pay the overhead the UN charges others for this training?  Game wise the UN is already a fragile kingdom to start out.  This is when this slight increase/ discount really helps the UN try to get by in the early game.  Later the discount is nice but does not unbalance things one way or another.

(03-02-2015, 10:15 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: Why was the collections for performing 500 for UN and 600 for GN and DW removed when they issue the orders themselves?

DW gets a special order to do his own defense raising basically covering this already

GN does not issue many of these due to his level 2 spell.

UN issues this all the time more than any other kingdom.  Doesn't it make sense that if all kingdom go through them to get trained that they can train themselves cheaper?  Or pay the overhead the UN charges others for this training?  Game wise the UN is already a fragile kingdom to start out.  This is when this slight increase/ discount really helps the UN try to get by in the early game.  Later the discount is nice but does not unbalance things one way or another.

Latest Valhalla shows the UN has more podium appearances than any kingdom, including 4 1st's and 4 2nd's, and is 4th overall in status points.  Of course, if SVC was eliminated, Underworld would drop like a rock.

I am sure I can work around it. But also think your wrong in your logic as the reason the UN is on top is more likely the status points system awarding so many point for agents and artifact. Of those wins how many were top players I know one was from the game going 40 turns the UN actually had no PCs at game finish and still won the game, again pointing to status points being maybe a little off.

The UN gets a nice discount to train up to level 4. That's all I ever thought there should be - I had always assumed them getting money back on training their own agents was a programing error.

He does essentially train his agents for 1,500 gold less than others..
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(03-03-2015, 01:23 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: He does essentially train his agents for 1,500 gold less than others..

This is what was removed.  On any game playing the new platform.

With the new system, special kingdom abilities that provide a gold reward for certain actions by others do not apply for one's own activities.

This rule is in place for:
- AN (creating high priestess, gets 2000 gold for each new priestess)
- DW (for defense increase at pc's, gets 600 gold per multiple increase since order #600 has option for x1 or x3, gets 0 gold for own special order #599)
- GN (for gold increase at pc's, gets 500 gold per multiple increase)
- UN (training agents, gets 25% of the individual's training cost, varies each turn and is based upon the global agent training cost and whether the specific individual is an agent or fanatic -- fanatics cost less to train)
- UN (creating agent, gets 1500 gold for each new agent created in the game)

All of the above are listed in the respective kingdom's setup files provided with your turn 0 report. I believe the reason why your kingdom does not collect the gold bonus for your own actions is to prevent the automatic discount that you would receive for your own order. If this rule wasn't in place, the AN would hire a priestess at a 2000 gold discount compared to the other kingdoms.

So it got even worse the UN only gets 25% of the training cost not 1500. Dang this will likely be the last UN I play. With RD taking his own hits guess I will have to stick with the vanilla kingdoms.

Fourth scenario is comin' round the mountain when she comes.

New kingdoms, spell lists, artifacts, 565's, tactics. 

Some might want to play Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Giant, Troll, Underworld, while they remain in this world.  Who can say if they go into the next?

Was the reason for 25% gold for the UN and not a flat  fee due to most training prices gets set to one extreme or the other?   I do hope to play the UN one day and make it a kingdom and not just some island Alcatraz with a pirates treasure trove of stolen artifacts.