Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI/RD Parley Modifiers
When you're playing GI (+10% to 170 parleys) or RD (-20% to 170 parleys and 171 diplomacy spells), does anyone know at what point in the calculation process that the modifiers kick in?  I'm only asking because I don't see it accounted for in the very cool parley calculator.

Separately, does anyone know if the +10% for GI on parleys also applies to 171 spells, as the -20% modifier appears to for RD?

Thanks!

(04-22-2015, 12:21 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: When you're playing GI (+10% to 170 parleys) or RD (-20% to 170 parleys and 171 diplomacy spells), does anyone know at what point in the calculation process that the modifiers kick in?  I'm only asking because I don't see it accounted for in the very cool parley calculator.

Separately, does anyone know if the +10% for GI on parleys also applies to 171 spells, as the -20% modifier appears to for RD?

Thanks!

Only help I can offer is the data in the old 171 system indicated that the GI did get the bonus for 171.

Doesn't the spreadsheet ask which kingdom you are playing?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Thanks for that info, Hawk. Wonder if that got ported over to the new platform? Wondering if you might possibly be willing to shed some light on that, UM... sheerly as a point of comparison with past expected behavior? Smile

LD, the latest version of the 170/171 calculator that I see does not have a field for Kingdom. (The 320/330 calculator does, however.)

(04-22-2015, 12:21 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: When you're playing GI (+10% to 170 parleys) or RD (-20% to 170 parleys and 171 diplomacy spells), does anyone know at what point in the calculation process that the modifiers kick in?  I'm only asking because I don't see it accounted for in the very cool parley calculator.

Thanks!

I did not know the kingdom-specific rules when I built the 170/171 calculator. 

Are there special rules for other kingdoms as well? 

If I can get them all, I can update the calculator with those factors.

The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze

Thanks, Frost Lord!!

RD: -20% on 170 and 171
GI: +10% on 170, not sure about 171 any more (would need UM to confirm whether that's implemented on the new platform)

I'm not aware of any other Kingdoms with 170/171 modifiers, off the top of my head.