Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maelstrom Test Game
(01-18-2019, 02:24 AM)Dominion Wrote: What about the seasons? is like 3rd Cycle?

Seasons
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 subject to winter effects, and the rest including Krynn (4) subject to summer.

(01-18-2019, 02:24 AM)gkmetty Wrote: Perhaps I dont understand the order but under customization:
G5 [2 pts] – Kingdom named brigade (non-flying) of Green experience
G12 [2 pts] – Kingdom named brigade of Veteran experience

Is there a reason why I would every take G5 over G12

Customization option G12, "Veterans", should be that one kingdom named brigade that would normally be of Regular training begins as Veteran, is not an additional brigade.

(01-18-2019, 03:36 AM)PTRILEY Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:34 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:31 AM)PTRILEY Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:13 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:21 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Also I have four fleets in tempest with no pop center in region, and a water capital in my capital region with no fleets “0”.   So stranded?

What specifics - kingdom, capital region, which seas do you have fleets and how many?

Fleets generally are assigned by capital region and can be modified by kingdom or trait.

My fleets (4) are in the tempest sea in Pellinor.  My capital region is Triumvia, with no fleets.  My capital is in the sea in Triumvia and I have no fleets.  I have no population centers in Pellinor.[/b][/font][/size][/color]

What is the kingdom?
SA  sacred order

Is this making sense now?  You can see Triumvia nearly surrounds The Tempest, and so the kingdom with the capital there begins with 4 fleets in that sea.  Pellinor doesn't effect the setup for the kingdom beginning in Triumvia.   The boundary for the seas of The Tempest and Waves of Azure is that line on the west coast of Stormgate.

The map image is too large to paste here, but attached is the Map of The Maelstrom.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Right but I can’t access that fleet in Tempest, because my water capital and troops are in Azure.. shouldn’t the fleets be in Azure not in tempest. I have no pop in Pellinor or anywhere on tempest. So in a non test game my troops are trapped on water with no fleet, can’t move?

Well actually my capital is in tempest sea according to that map you just posted? The map I have shows the seas swapped tempest is where azure is and vise versa?

So first impression of the TY in the Untamed Lands. The position gains a huge bump with 2 brigades of Trolls in the 1TY. Add the brigades the kingdom starts with and you definitely have a military kingdom. I have never played the TY before but the spell list is limited now. Having the option for 6 groups in close allows for maximizing region coverage. So far you have to scour your region quickly because the new brigades mean you need resources!

(01-18-2019, 03:54 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: The map image is too large to paste here, but attached is the Map of The Maelstrom.

Ok I got it... I’m stupid, all good

(01-18-2019, 04:16 AM)PTRILEY Wrote: Well actually my capital is in tempest sea according to that map you just posted?  The map I have shows the seas swapped  tempest is where azure is and vise versa?

How about the map that is in the game that just started?  Does it not show region names or sea names?  If so, we'll have to see if that works well given players will have access to the attached map.  But if not, we'll have to change the image out for an in-game map with the regional names.

(01-18-2019, 04:28 AM)Dominion Wrote: So first impression of the TY in the Untamed Lands.  The position gains a huge bump with 2 brigades of Trolls in the 1TY. Add the brigades the kingdom starts with and you definitely have a military kingdom. I have never played the TY before but the spell list is limited now. Having the option for 6 groups in close allows for maximizing region coverage. So far you have to scour your region quickly because the new brigades mean you need resources!

This is a good post and again, I didn't see how players matched kingdoms with regions in this first game.  But part of the fun should be imagining how kingdoms will perform in certain regions, and either choosing regions to accentuate strengths or to compensate for weaknesses.  Again, the intention is that the regions themselves will have different character and it could be selecting a region may be preferred over selecting a kingdom in games where a player can select one or the other in a snake draft, which was the intention.