Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome ROK Players
New guys

Quick tip always hit the save button before you hit ready. If you do not save your orders first when you hit ready you will be sending in a blank order sheet. I have done this more than once and it sucks.

R

What is the difference between 'Human' and 'Neutral' when you encounter a village?

A village (or any population center) can be neutral or controlled. A controlled one is either controlled by a player kingdom or human, which is essentially a nonplayer kingdom. In practical terms it means the village will be a bit more difficult to take politically. All cities, for example, begin the game as himan controlled. Thus players typically turn them neutral first (via the incite order) and then use the usurp order to take them.

Thats right. A neutral village can be converted in one step. A controlled (human or another kingdom) can be coverted in one step but its harder (maybe twice as hard? There is a calculator) or two (just as easy as neutral to controlled) steps. First from controlled to neutral, then neutral to you!!! Whoo hoo!

Thanks. folks. I appreciate the information.

Got a couple of questions that I seem to be having some trouble with:

1) transferring a leader/wizard to an inactive army... what am I missing?

2) strengthening my fleet? I have a coastal tile but no town centre on one of the seas. Do I need to have it revealed on the map? Again, not sure what I am missing.

I have more but I'll start here,

Thanks!

(06-16-2024, 07:01 PM)coolfantasyname Wrote: Got a couple of questions that I seem to be having some trouble with:

2) strengthening my fleet?  I have a coastal tile but no town centre on one of the seas.  Do I need to have it revealed on the map?  Again, not sure what I am missing.

Thanks!

1. 699 order, have to activate it first.

2. Need to own a town or village that touches the water in question. Also, if your quality of ships is 13 or better (like the Atlantians or Pirates), you need a port. Spending 8,000 per ship will keep the quality the same, and spending more or less per ship will increase or decrease the quality, which affects battles but does not affect transporting troops or doing trade missions on the high seas.

(06-16-2024, 08:22 PM)VballMichael Wrote:
(06-16-2024, 07:01 PM)coolfantasyname Wrote: Got a couple of questions that I seem to be having some trouble with:

2) strengthening my fleet?  I have a coastal tile but no town centre on one of the seas.  Do I need to have it revealed on the map?  Again, not sure what I am missing.

Thanks!

1. 699 order, have to activate it first.

2. Need to own a town or village that touches the water in question. Also, if your quality of ships is 13 or better (like the Atlantians or Pirates), you need a port. Spending 8,000 per ship will keep the quality the same, and spending more or less per ship will increase or decrease the quality, which affects battles but does not affect transporting troops or doing trade missions on the high seas.

Thanks!

A note about "transfer" orders - they are military orders used to move wizards, leaders, brigades, and artifacts between groups in the same area. This includes the 699 to detach from a group and the two combine orders. These orders are all free and don't count towards your order limit for the turn. This was not entirely clear to me at first and the rule book doesn't (IMHO) do a good job of explaining it.

Good evening, all. I apologize for my late arrival to this fine location. Its a long trek from the Untamed Lands, and I found that roads beyond my own borders were in horrible conditions and various states of disrepair.

I am in search of a battle hardened Death Knight to discuss tactics and game mechanics with.

May your Gods take a liking to you all... though not too quickly I would hope.

Mindox Sûl.